ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Re: Official 2019 Yankees Thread 

Post#1101 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jun 9, 2019 12:18 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Farm's weakened through graduates and trades. Yankees will be paying a premium because same division and because it's the Yankees. I expect they'll be outbid or drop out of the race for him.

Yea our farm system is not a strong as it was... who else do u think we can get and who else do you think will move the needle?

Anyone that can move the needle is gonna cost a lot in prospects and/or money. I honestly don't know who they have a shot at with the rate Hal's not spending. I'm almost resigning myself to a Lance Lynn/Jaime Garcia type again if they do look at the market. If not, an in-house promotion with Chance Adams again.

I feel the same way. It's hard to gauge the market right now and Ace pitchers aren't coming around like they use to. Hopefully we get lucky with a cheap guy like Eovaldi last year.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1102 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sun Jun 9, 2019 12:36 am

GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#1103 » by GEOLINK » Sun Jun 9, 2019 12:41 am

Rays just don't seem to lose.

Although I appreciate them burying Boston further down into the doldrums.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#1104 » by GEOLINK » Sun Jun 9, 2019 2:33 pm

Read on Twitter

13 million for Keuchel for half the year?

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,334

Post#1105 » by Phish Tank » Sun Jun 9, 2019 2:43 pm

Hal the accountant struck again. Should have told cash to give $15 million plus for keuchel. But instead he acts like a cost accountant

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,747

Post#1106 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jun 9, 2019 2:47 pm

What's Ichiro doing? Could we get him on the conditioning staff? :lol:
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,003

Post#1107 » by blue and orange » Sun Jun 9, 2019 3:36 pm

I knew it I knew his **** would happen once the Yankees passed on Keuchel, I'm not even mad Hal doesn't deserve that respect, I'm laughing at you Hal :lol: Calling up Tarpley? How about calling up Cortez who is a lefty as well and can give you innings, wold have to guess Chance Adams would replace German in the rotation, so in the rotation you would have CC followed by Adams followed by the opener good job Hal. No way in hell is this team beating the Ray or Astros or even the Twins and Redsox with this rotation no way in hell.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1108 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:35 pm

Yankees will end up trading for Stroman who will turn into Sonny Gray part 2.
JustCame
Assistant Coach
And1: 505

Post#1109 » by JustCame » Sun Jun 9, 2019 5:32 pm

blue and orange wrote:I knew it I knew his **** would happen once the Yankees passed on Keuchel, I'm not even mad Hal doesn't deserve that respect, I'm laughing at you Hal :lol: Calling up Tarpley? How about calling up Cortez who is a lefty as well and can give you innings, wold have to guess Chance Adams would replace German in the rotation, so in the rotation you would have CC followed by Adams followed by the opener good job Hal. No way in hell is this team beating the Ray or Astros or even the Twins and Redsox with this rotation no way in hell.

I don't think we'll beat the Astros, but we're clearly favorites against the other teams. Rays and Twins don't really scare me tbh. I want to see them do it all year first, and they're clearly not as good as us on paper. The Sox were very lucky last year, just like 2013. Their team has a lot more holes than we do.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,003

Post#1110 » by blue and orange » Sun Jun 9, 2019 5:46 pm

What a difference it makes in the lineup not having Morales already knocking out Justin Bieber and Boones favorite AJ Cole is on the mound.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,539

Post#1111 » by Butch718 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 6:49 pm

:lol: at passing at Keuchel. Honestly, Hal deserves this for being an incompetent cheapskate.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,539

Post#1112 » by Butch718 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 6:52 pm

Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Severino? Late July. Montgomery? Mid August.

Again, that's a hell of a long time for this current rotation.

Paxton
Tanaka
German
Happ
CC

Who’s spot is Keuchel taking right now?

You were saying? Sorry, but you act as if those guys are dependable and assume that they’re going to stay healthy. You would rather wait and trade prospects for guys we’re probably not gonna get instead of going after a guy that would cost us nothing in prospects or picks.

Not signing Keuchel is the dumbest thing this organization has done in a long time.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,747

Post#1113 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jun 9, 2019 7:26 pm

Kahnle, come on!
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,772

Post#1114 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 7:31 pm

I figured a lot of the replacement guys would stop hitting before our bullpen would fall apart.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
JustCame
Assistant Coach
And1: 505

Post#1115 » by JustCame » Sun Jun 9, 2019 7:46 pm

I was gonna post how I bet we're gonna blow this 5-0 lead but forgot to. Lol what a joke.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#1116 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jun 9, 2019 8:26 pm

JustCame wrote:
blue and orange wrote:I knew it I knew his **** would happen once the Yankees passed on Keuchel, I'm not even mad Hal doesn't deserve that respect, I'm laughing at you Hal :lol: Calling up Tarpley? How about calling up Cortez who is a lefty as well and can give you innings, wold have to guess Chance Adams would replace German in the rotation, so in the rotation you would have CC followed by Adams followed by the opener good job Hal. No way in hell is this team beating the Ray or Astros or even the Twins and Redsox with this rotation no way in hell.

I don't think we'll beat the Astros, but we're clearly favorites against the other teams. Rays and Twins don't really scare me tbh. I want to see them do it all year first, and they're clearly not as good as us on paper. The Sox were very lucky last year, just like 2013. Their team has a lot more holes than we do.

Yea boston got really lucky Eovaldi pitched like an ace and guys like Pearce playing like an MVP . Rays scare me alot because they have top notch pitching and Astros are the new dynasty because all there guys are young and proven. If everybody comes back healthy and stays healthy from August to the end of the year, I like our chances. Still think we need one more ace like pitcher , those are hard to come by.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1117 » by Mecca » Sun Jun 9, 2019 10:36 pm

Butch718 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Again, that's a hell of a long time for this current rotation.

Paxton
Tanaka
German
Happ
CC

You were saying? Sorry, but you act as if those guys are dependable and assume that they’re going to stay healthy. You would rather wait and trade prospects for guys we’re probably not gonna get instead of going after a guy that would cost us nothing in prospects or picks.

Not signing Keuchel is the dumbest thing this organization has done in a long time.

I’m saying the same thing. Losing out on Keuchel isn’t as big of a deal as you are making it seem. Dumbest thing in a long time to not sign an SP who’s a mid 3 ERA, Low K, pitches to contact and has injury issues in the past? Yankees are 40-24. The team is big fish hunting for an ace. Keuchel isn’t a needle mover. This isn’t 2014.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#1118 » by Fury » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:41 am

Mecca wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Paxton
Tanaka
German
Happ
CC

I’m saying the same thing. Losing out on Keuchel isn’t as big of a deal as you are making it seem. Dumbest thing in a long time to not sign an SP who’s a mid 3 ERA, Low K, pitches to contact and has injury issues in the past? Yankees are 40-24. The team is big fish hunting for an ace. Keuchel isn’t a needle mover. This isn’t 2014.

We don’t have a consistent and durable second or even third starter atm. He could’ve filled that role.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1119 » by Mecca » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:53 am

Fury wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Butch718 wrote:You were saying? Sorry, but you act as if those guys are dependable and assume that they’re going to stay healthy. You would rather wait and trade prospects for guys we’re probably not gonna get instead of going after a guy that would cost us nothing in prospects or picks.

We don’t have a consistent and durable second or even third starter atm. He could’ve filled that role.[/quote

Deadline is less than 5 weeks away. Yankees will find someone better in a few weeks.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,940

Post#1120 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:17 am

Yankees will probably keep fishing the minor leagues or whatever, and try to keep finding Luke Voits in pitching form.

Return to New York Knicks