New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Thread

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: New General NBA Forum Policy Questions Thread 

Post#41 » by old rem » Mon Feb 8, 2016 3:56 pm

Howard Mass wrote:jeff1624,

When a user gets a second violation, there is an appeals process as detailed in the policy.

If the user is let back and they commit another violation, it's a full ban.

Please let me know if this answers your question.
Howard... I seemed to get banned somehow off "player comparisons" for...I still don't know what. It was a thread on Wilt being a Top offensve big man. I did say many posters didn't see much of Wilt (and that's true)I was around for Wilt. I SAW Wilt. I can't FIND the EVIDENCE of what I DID say...aside from it's something a certain mod disliked,called "trolling","baiting". How do you discuss player comparisons with Wilt and NOT disagree with someone who says for instance Barkley should rate as better? How do I know WHO here can not be challenged or what I can not say?

Irony is I do NOT want to hit 50,000 posts. I thought.. well..I'll stick mostly to the GSW board where I won't have some mod
ambush me for no reason. Turns out I seem to have a whole ban from the "general" area and NOBODY bothers to say why.

Used to be Warning,suspension, ban were not the same... no more. Used to be if there's an INFRACTION... it was explained... no more.
Probably nobody cares about ANYTHING I say anyhow. :dontknow: and if I think I may be just wasting time... then the idea of staying in just GSW room until I just retire may be what everyone really wants. I sure never thought having a high opinion of Wilt Chamberlain is finally my great sin. :roll: I get the message someone wants me to just STFU?

And... nobody said ANYTHING about any appeal... I can't even appeal if I can't find whatever it was I said or any excuse of WHY after 49,000 posts.. THAT was more wrong? at times in the past... I probably DID know I was "pushing limits", and THIS time... it was hard to even GUESS what thread got me banned...I spent time hunting for whatever it was. ...I trolled/baited nobody. I did NO hard sarcasm as I recall.. but...nobody EVEN CITES what the hell I said. I just get that I'm UNWANTED. Racking up WAY many posts... gives me ZERO standing... quite the opposite. I'd been here way too much.
CENSORED... No comment.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,188

Post#42 » by tsherkin » Tue Feb 9, 2016 2:47 am

All right, let's step through this.

old rem wrote:Howard... I seemed to get banned somehow off "player comparisons" for...I still don't know what. It was a thread on Wilt being a Top offensve big man.

No, you were warned and handled as such for your traditional manner of baiting and harassing other posters, not because you held a specific opinion. There is nothing wrong with holding an opinion, but acting in a discourteous fashion to other posters isn't something we tolerate. It's not about the nature of your opinion so much as the way you presented it and acted with other posters. When you react as if the other person's position is stupid or unreasonable, it doesn't really foster quality discourse.

This shouldn't be news. This is old-hat for you. You have a fairly particular style of posting which isn't appreciated in various places and has caused you quite a series of issues over the past few years, so none of this should come as a surprise. You've run afoul of multiple boards, and the breadth and depth of your interactions over the years has culminated in this situation. You are still on RealGM because the Warriors community values you but obviously your approach to posting is not a much for the more public forums around RealGM.

Used to be Warning,suspension, ban were not the same... no more. Used to be if there's an INFRACTION... it was explained... no more.

Your suspension/ban was given because of your posting history and general problem with following the rules. You have an extensive library of warnings and negative comments from a wide variety of moderators across a number of different boards on these forums. This sort of puts the lie to this notion that a "specific moderator" is out to get you.

You had three warnings culminating in a 3-day suspension from your behavior on the Trade Board, a warning on the Warriors board for your inappropriate conduct towards other posters, another warning on the trade board for attacking fan bases, that led to a 7-day, a baiting warning on the GB, a warning for post-padding on the PC Board, a warning for evading the language filter on the PC Board, comments about trolling the Lakers board culminating in a warning and a 7-day last month, then your most recent warning.

Most posters don't get the number of chances you've had. You're well beyond the traditional ban scale, so arguing about warning/suspension/ban and so forth really isn't appropriate in your case, given your history and the breadth of your infractions across the various boards here on RealGM... most of which are personal attacks, baiting and trolling.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,649

Post#43 » by Howard Mass » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:11 pm

Thank you for answering this tsherkin.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#44 » by lakerz12 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi. Aren't political comments supposed to be off limits on the General NBA board?

I see anti-Trump posts frequently and they seem to be tolerated by mods.

Even if I report them no warning or strike is given. Seems to be a clear bias.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#45 » by Howard Mass » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:49 am

lakerz12 wrote:Hi. Aren't political comments supposed to be off limits on the General NBA board?

I see anti-Trump posts frequently and they seem to be tolerated by mods.

Even if I report them no warning or strike is given. Seems to be a clear bias.

A lot of times Strikes are given privately.

If you have examples of these posts, please feel free to post links.

The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,510

Post#46 » by The4thHorseman » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:47 pm

Is there a way to undo a +1 that I gave by mistake? Tried to hit it again to see if that would undo it, but no dice.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#47 » by Howard Mass » Fri Sep 4, 2020 3:34 am

The4thHorseman wrote:Is there a way to undo a +1 that I gave by mistake? Tried to hit it again to see if that would undo it, but no dice.

Give it a shot now. Sometimes I am able to do it a little bit afterwards.

Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#48 » by Phila Tough » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:02 am

How do I request General NBA Board Account Review on my two strikes? It's been years and I've been a good boy :D
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#49 » by Howard Mass » Mon Aug 7, 2023 9:05 pm

Phila Tough wrote:How do I request General NBA Board Account Review on my two strikes? It's been years and I've been a good boy :D

I regret that I missed this but I have great news.

All Users with Read-Only Access from our old General NBA Board Policy along with their old Strikes are in the process of being repealed.

Since you made the request, you jumped ahead of the line and now have a "Clean Slate" on our General NBA Board.

You should be able to post on he Forum.

Congratulations!

jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#50 » by jc23 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:20 pm

why cant you foe a "retired" forum mod?
Be curious, Not judgmental

Return to Feedback and Suggestions