Draft team needs

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: Draft team needs 

Post#81 » by donkeylips » Sat Jun 8, 2019 8:16 am

Shooters
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#82 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jun 9, 2019 1:45 am

Looney took a few years to develop and had injury risk. Draymond Green type talent does not come late in the draft often.

If KD leaves and Livingston retires but Curry, Klay, Draymond and Iguodala salaries mean the Warriors only get to sign the taxpayer exception, then maybe the Warriors can't afford to waste a roster slot on a late first round draft pick. For example if the Warriors did not have Evans on their playoff roster they could have had Lee on their playoff roster. Lee might have helped with Klay injured.

Even with KD gone the Warriors are still in a win now situation. Maybe the first round pick should be traded for a future first round pick. Sign G-league guys instead.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#83 » by cdubbz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:42 am

I like the possibility of trading Jacob Evans/Damion Jones to the 76ers or Hawks for one of their many picks.

No way Hawks or 76ers want to bring in 4 rookies.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#84 » by Upperclass » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:19 am

Carsen Edwards should be a Warrior next season. He's a longer Fred van Vleet and can really handle.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#85 » by clyde21 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:05 pm

targets with our 1st in order:

Bol Bol
Talen Horton-Tucker
P.J. Washington
Matisse Thybulle
Carsen Edwards
Nicolas Claxton
Mfiondu Kabengele
Dylan Windler

targets with our 2nd (maybe we can trade up a bit):

Cameron Johnson
Miye Oni
Jaylen Nowell
Isaiah Toby
Deividas Sirvydis
FunkNinerFlex
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#86 » by FunkNinerFlex » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:51 am

Draft a couple young players and coach em up. Give em a few seasons to grow
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#87 » by Dom801e » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:09 am

I liked Cam Johnson before the injuries. I love him as the pick now. Even in the 1st round.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#88 » by No-Man » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:38 pm

Realistic targets;

28th
Grant Williams
Carsen Edwards
Nic Claxton

58th
Cody Martin
Charles Matthews
Dedric Lawson
Yovel Zoosman
Jaylen Nowell
Justin Robinson
D'Marcus Simonds
etc

Ideal draft is; Grant Williams+Cody Martin+and undrafted Guard out of the Jaylen Nowell, D'Marcus Simonds, Shamorie Ponds, Justin Wright-Foreman, Justin Robinson, Tremont Waters, Jordan Bone, Ky Bowman, Daishon Smith, Quinndary Weatherspoon, Rayjon Tucker... group, my favourite would be Robinson for this team, although Simonds, JWF or Nowell are probably the best bet to be dynamic on offense
BayArea
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#89 » by BayArea » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:09 pm

offseason prospects

Trevor Ariza (height, can shoot 3s and defend)
Patrick Beverly (can shoot 3s and defend)
Reggie Bullock (spot up shooter)
Wayne Ellington (shoot 3s and defend)
Kenneth Faried ((shoot 3s and defend)
Gerald Green (Can give you 9 points off the bench(
DeAndre Jordan (if possible)
Cory Joseph
Frank Kaminsky
Brook Lopez
Nikola Mirotic
JJ Redick
Thabo Sefolosha (Iggy replacement)
how about Jonas Valaciunas
Ivica Zubac (Marreese Speights version)
Undrafted players
European players
Before getting injured in Game 5 of the 2019 Western Conference semifinals, Durant averaged 34.2 points on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range), 4.9 assists and 5.2 rebounds. :banghead:
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#90 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:41 pm

For me:

Ty Jerome
Position: PG/SG
Similar: Light years away, very poor man's Jason Kidd (In terms of size, defensive prowess, and dishing out assists)
A spot up shooter (40% from 3pter). Lockdown defender. Willing passer (As he should be as a PG). Not ideal frame for PG/SG standards.

Dylan Windler
Position: SG/SF
Similar: Poor man's Klay Thompson.
Older draft player. Can shoot lights out. May struggle defensively, but wouldn't worry too much on this squad.

Romeo Langford
Position: PG/SG/SF
Similar: Iggy
Only played one season of college ball. Can play 3 positions. Good ball-handler and facilitator. Potential to be a lockdown defender. Who better to learn the game from than Iggy? Piss-poor shooter, overall. Still young and can improve that area through repetition.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#91 » by azwfan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:27 pm

BayArea wrote:offseason prospects

Trevor Ariza (height, can shoot 3s and defend)
Patrick Beverly (can shoot 3s and defend)
Reggie Bullock (spot up shooter)
Wayne Ellington (shoot 3s and defend)
Kenneth Faried ((shoot 3s and defend)
Gerald Green (Can give you 9 points off the bench(
DeAndre Jordan (if possible)
Cory Joseph
Frank Kaminsky
Brook Lopez
Nikola Mirotic
JJ Redick
Thabo Sefolosha (Iggy replacement)
how about Jonas Valaciunas
Ivica Zubac (Marreese Speights version)
Undrafted players
European players

If willing to come for the minimum, why not?

We can open Chase Center with the following starting lineup...

PG - Curry
SG - Thabs
SF - Gay
PF - Green
C - Looney

Beverly, Iguodala, and Faried primaries off the bench.

Might be able to hang around in the playoff race long enough for Klay to come back and make a run at it.

Or we can tank and get some generational player to extend the dynasty... Its the Spurs way.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Post#92 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:42 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:For me:

Romeo Langford
Only played one season of college ball. Can play 3 positions. Good ball-handler and facilitator. Potential to be a lockdown defender. Who better to learn the game from than Iggy? Piss-poor shooter, overall. Still young and can improve that area through repetition.

If Iggy is willing to teach young players, we're not seeing evidence of it.

McKinnie has the size and athleticism but he's just not balanced and is easily beaten off a couple of moves.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#93 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:47 pm

wco81 wrote:

Romeo Langford

McKinnie has the size and athleticism but he's just not balanced and is easily beaten off a couple of moves.

I think it's like little details to refine their skillset in order to adjust to the NBA's fast-pace style.

If Bogut was able to teach and help improve and turn Draymond into the defensive swish-army knife that he is today, I would like to say it's possible. Just depends on the player's drive and motivation to get better (intangibles).
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#94 » by mos_def » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:59 pm

I think the team needs to buy a pick, but I don't know how that works with cap, but for me I want Villanova's Eric Paschal. I liked him cuz I see him a lot but site comps are still PJ Tucker, Draymond, and Paul Milsap range. Sign me up
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#95 » by Samurai » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 pm

wco81 wrote:

Romeo Langford

We drafted Evans because his college scouting report was very similar to an Iggy-lite: good defender, high bbIQ, like having a second coach on the floor, not a true PG but can bring the ball up and played the point in HS, not a shot creator but did hit 37% of his 3’s, etc. figured having Andre to mentor him could expedite his growth; we all saw how well that worked.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#96 » by mos_def » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:46 pm

wco81 wrote:

McKinnie literally does not have ligaments in his knee. I give him some slack with defense against multiple moves
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#97 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:14 am

Samurai wrote:
wco81 wrote:

Romeo Langford

We drafted Evans because his college scouting report was very similar to an Iggy-lite: good defender, high bbIQ, like having a second coach on the floor, not a true PG but can bring the ball up and played the point in HS, not a shot creator but did hit 37% of his 3’s, etc. figured having Andre to mentor him could expedite his growth; we all saw how well that worked.

I think people often undervalue a players confidence. On this team confidence is an absolute key. Evans has none.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#98 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:17 am

mos_def wrote:I think the team needs to buy a pick, but I don't know how that works with cap, but for me I want Villanova's Eric Paschal. I liked him cuz I see him a lot but site comps are still PJ Tucker, Draymond, and Paul Milsap range. Sign me up

Every team can buy a pick, there is a max they can spend on one. The issue for the Warriors is finding a seller high enough in the 2nd round to be worth it. Last year none of the top teams in the 2nd round would sell.
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#99 » by Jay 20 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:42 pm

donkeylips wrote:Shooters

Dylan Windler
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#100 » by SFrush » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:22 am

Jay 20 wrote:
donkeylips wrote:Shooters

Dylan Windler

We definitely could use his shooting and rebounding. I just have some concerns with his defense.

Return to Golden State Warriors