ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#741 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:49 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Seems like the Magic have a trend of bringing in guys on Monday and Tuesday to workout.

Curious if Langford or Bol have worked out for anyone? Bol could still be injured or they could already have draft promises.

Langford isn’t working out for anyone since his thumb surgery. I don’t think Bol is working out either and why would he. Someone will take him top 15.

That thumb surgery could have essentially allowed a top 6 player drop to us at 16. #blessed. lol

Prior to the injury... he was looking like such a talent... if he darius garland it up and pulled out for the season... he would be well out of our range. Langford to me would be a great player to bring in as a replacement for fournier when the time comes.

Thumb surgery or not that jumpshot worries me. Shot 26% 6/23 from 3 before said thumb injury during duke game. Yeah it’s only 6 games but still didn’t look great.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#742 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:13 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Langford isn’t working out for anyone since his thumb surgery. I don’t think Bol is working out either and why would he. Someone will take him top 15.

That thumb surgery could have essentially allowed a top 6 player drop to us at 16. #blessed. lol

Prior to the injury... he was looking like such a talent... if he darius garland it up and pulled out for the season... he would be well out of our range. Langford to me would be a great player to bring in as a replacement for fournier when the time comes.

Thumb surgery or not that jumpshot worries me. Shot 26% 6/23 from 3 before said thumb injury during duke game. Yeah it’s only 6 games but still didn’t look great.

Langford is still a very interesting name and I will absolutely be patient with my feelings if he is the pick.

However, I have cooled a lot on him.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#743 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:15 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:That thumb surgery could have essentially allowed a top 6 player drop to us at 16. #blessed. lol

Langford is still a very interesting name and I will absolutely be patient with my feelings if he is the pick.

However, I have cooked a lot on him.

Oh absolutely anyone at 16 is getting tons of time. If it’s Langford so be it we’ve got a guard finally lol. For me this pick needs to be a guard/1-3 that’s it anything other is a fail.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,764

Post#744 » by OrlandoNed » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:31 pm

NAW and Herro worked out for us.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Post#745 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:44 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

And i totally get the concern... but at least he was also known to be a good shooter as well... capable of scoring at all 3 levels. I wouldn't be as keen on him if it wasn't for the fact that he wasn't elite or above average at he other 2 levels.... and gets to the line at a high rate. so he has other things that comfort me while i would assume and hope his 3 comes back around.
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,796

Post#746 » by IllMagic04 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:54 pm

NAW or Hero for me. We need shotmaking. If both of them are gone Id rather trade the pick then add another non shoter. Im not big on Langford or KPJ. Im not interested in shaky shoters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#747 » by basketballRob » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Who's Keldon Johnson's brother that also worked out for the Magic? Josh Robbins was asking about how cool it was to have his brother working out at the same time. I know he has an older brother that plays in the NFL.

I'm actually starting to like him a little too. Before the season he was known as a high motor guy that played good defense. He developed his offense at Kentucky.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#748 » by drsd » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:09 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:Langford is still a very interesting name and I will absolutely be patient with my feelings if he is the pick.

I love the idea of the best-SG as the draft choice. So-called "selective" BPA.

Alexander-Walker's shooting makes me think he is the better prospect.

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#749 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:21 pm

drsd wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:Langford is still a very interesting name and I will absolutely be patient with my feelings if he is the pick.

I love the idea of the best-SG as the draft choice. So-called "selective" BPA.

Alexander-Walker's shooting makes me think he is the better prospect.

Read on Celtics board and twitter he had a helluva workout for them and if he’s there at 20 he’ll be taken.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#750 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:33 am

Alexander-Walker flew into Orlando on Friday and spent the whole weekend getting to know the Magic, he revealed in interview today. John Hammond and Jeff Weltman took NAW out to lunch on Saturday.

Little Nuggey Nugget
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#751 » by Bensational » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:08 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Alexander-Walker flew into Orlando on Friday and spent the whole weekend getting to know the Magic, he revealed in interview today. John Hammond and Jeff Weltman took NAW out to lunch on Saturday.

Little Nuggey Nugget

NAW and Herro are 2 guys I'm glad we're working out. As long as either one of those or Langford are called on draft night, I'll be happy.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#752 » by basketballRob » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:59 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Alexander-Walker flew into Orlando on Friday and spent the whole weekend getting to know the Magic, he revealed in interview today. John Hammond and Jeff Weltman took NAW out to lunch on Saturday.

Little Nuggey Nugget
I think we take him if he's there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#753 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:24 pm

basketballRob wrote:

Little Nuggey Nugget

Weltman and Hammond took most better players to lunch i wouldnt read to much into it.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#754 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:34 pm

zaymon wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

Little Nuggey Nugget

Weltman and Hammond took most better players to lunch i wouldnt read to much into it.

Haven’t seen anything stating that. Just hate our quiet our FO is in terms of workouts. Every other team you see some on court stuff and ours are prison lockdown. Heck we’ve had to hear who we’ve workout with or are through other teams interviews.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#755 » by taj2133 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Video of nassir little, keldon johnson, and kevin porter from there hawks workout today.The hawks also had kz okpala no workout video on him he struggled today.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#756 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:45 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
zaymon wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I think we take him if he's there.

Haven’t seen anything stating that. Just hate our quiet our FO is in terms of workouts. Every other team you see some on court stuff and ours are prison lockdown. Heck we’ve had to hear who we’ve workout with or are through other teams interviews.

remember last time we were in the news working out players? Philly used that to take Elf and ransom him to us
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#757 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:47 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
zaymon wrote:Weltman and Hammond took most better players to lunch i wouldnt read to much into it.

remember last time we were in the news working out players? Philly used that to take Elf and ransom him to us

That probably had more to do with Henny and FO wanting to grab a roster of youth and force playoffs than workouts. Still a little video of the workouts wouldn’t hurt.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#758 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:52 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

That probably had more to do with Henny and FO wanting to grab a roster of youth and force playoffs than workouts. Still a little video of the workouts wouldn’t hurt.

the word was that Elf was the only PG that performed well for Orlando. Thus, giving good info to Philly.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#759 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:30 pm

Little Nuggey Nugget

Spoiler:
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#760 » by basketballRob » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:40 pm

I'm sure Detroit will probably be taking NAw with the 15. If Langford and NAW are gone I wouldn't be opposed to taking Claxton.

Return to Orlando Magic