When you see another “They forced KD to play” post

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Re: When you see another “They forced KD to play” post 

Post#21 » by LKN » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:34 am

KD shouldn't be blamed at all... but I also don't think he should necessarily get the final say as players can't always think clearly about these things. If the medical staff thought there was a significant chance of an achilles injury the front office should have ruled him out themselves.
LKN
General Manager

Re: Live look at Durant being forced to play 

Post#22 » by LKN » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:39 am

inquisitive wrote:At the end of the day only KD knows if he should’ve played. It is really on him

Is he a doctor now? Can he read an MRI?

The medical staff and front office should have the final say. They allowed him to possibly ruin the rest of his career.

I don't blame KD at all, but players are not going to be fully rational with these decisions and they are not doctors.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#23 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:40 am

ken6199 wrote:- He should play
- He shouldn't have played
- He should sue the Warriors
- Lowry is dirty
- Toronto fans are classless

We can't have enough of this.

Some pretty unhappy people out there :(
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,788

Post#24 » by floppymoose » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 am

I notice a lack of Kevin Durant fans in the people calling for the Warriors orgs heads. Why would that be? Mysterious.
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#25 » by zhenyasj » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 am

NapoleonII wrote:The front office needs to be responsible, otherwise, what the hell are they good for?

Everyone placing this squarely on KD is missing that so much of the NBA is narrative, spin, misinformation and rumor.

The Warriors have way too much smoke (with how this was handled and communicated), and now a HOF player with a potential career-ending injury on their watch, to be declared completely innocent here.

Investigate the hell out of this, and, KD, come out with exactly how this went down.

And the "smoke" is? Provide examples of this conspiracy.
BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#26 » by BayArea408415 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:43 am

ken6199 wrote:I was jokingly making that up about that non existing "Lowry is dirty" thread.

The play I refer to was the Kevon Looney injury. They were calling him out in the game thread.

It's actually my mistake. He did in fact undercut Looney (not Klay) but I meant it was due to clumsiness and bad positioning rather than being dirty.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,415

Post#27 » by NapoleonII » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:44 am

So all the confusion from KD's initial injury sowed by Kerr and Meyers, all the media-heads feeding off of it, all the years of criticism against KD's decision -- all that just doesn't matter because KD is jumping?

Not to mention that we still don't know if their doctors/GM/coaching staff knew he was at a higher risk of serious injury if he did play.

Horrible take, and horrible taste to even post this.
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#28 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:47 am

He wasn't forced to play but he was checked back in way too early after his first break to the bench, that greedy decision by Kerr probably cost KD a year of basketball and Warriors the championship.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Post#29 » by The Moose » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:48 am

I honestly don't understand this POV.

Yeah Kevin Durant wanted to play, that doesn't mean he should be allowed to.
The doctors told Kerr and Bob Myers (in their own words), that the achilles injury wasn't a potential concern. Therefore it would be logical to think KD was under the impression it wasn't a concern either.

This on the doctors imo
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#30 » by Dupp » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:49 am

You’d have to be pretty delusional to think the warriors didn’t completely screw up by LETTING him play.

Complete negligence and now he’s got a serious injury.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,652

Post#31 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:49 am

Since when can Fred Van Vleet cook Kevin Durant off the dribble?
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#32 » by richboy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:49 am

Loaded_Hollows wrote:Image

Rarely are people forced to do anything. The reality is an environment can be created where you seem to have no real option. In this case the Warriors told KD he couldn't get more injured. They told the media he couldn't get more injured. Which then led the media to start the Warriors players want KD to play because he can't get more injured. Then when it is time to make a decision and KD has this idea that he can't get more injured on his mind what decision you think he is going to make.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#33 » by zhenyasj » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:51 am

clyde21 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dude, don't bother. All the trolls and haters are out in full force...pretty pathetic.
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#34 » by Par36 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:52 am

I think the Warriors just cost the NBA a year or more of prime KD.
LKN
General Manager

Post#35 » by LKN » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:52 am

Supposedly the medical staff cleared him to play right? If that's the case it's a huge, huge screw up. I kind of get why Kawhi told SAS to f**k off now
Clementine64
Starter
And1: 2,523

Post#36 » by Clementine64 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:52 am

BayArea408415 wrote:
azwfan wrote:
ken6199 wrote:- He should play
- He shouldn't have played
- He should sue the Warriors
- Lowry is dirty
- Toronto fans are classless

We can't have enough of this.

I actually havent seen Lowry is dirty yet. haha

Undercutting Klay I guess? He’s more clumsy than dirty. He flops a lot but no way is he dirty imo.

Lowry isnt close to dirty. Draymond Green on the other hand is a scum bag. Still waiting for him to take out Kawhi's bad knee.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,159

Post#37 » by djsunyc » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 am

if the warriors were up 3-1, would kd have played tonight?
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,204

Post#38 » by Tracymcgoaty » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:55 am

Y'all for real didn't see Gilbert running around with two guns?
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,415

Post#39 » by NapoleonII » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:55 am

infinite11285 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:

Well, did the doctors clear him? I mean it has to be on them ultimately. The guy had a calf injury and clearly playing on it lead to this which is pretty bad, but you never know with these things.

No, we do know.

Several people who saw Kevin practice said he had no business being on an NBA court -- Jalen Rose included, who expressed as much on national television. When the Warriors officially ruled it a calf injury, many had doubted the legitimacy of the report due to the fact KD unequivocally grabbed his lower Achilles against Houston; the same exact spot he grabbed today. Couple tonight's injury that with the fact Kerr, "had no idea", supposedly, of Kevin's progression through the injury, or a SPECIFIC timetable for his return, and it looks like an intentional misinformation campaign by the Warriors. It just smells like Kevin was "cleared" after great "convincing" to get him on that court for the sake of another ring.

Either KD was lead astray by the medical staff, or he was in on the misinformation campaign. I sincerely hope the Warriors didn't put KD's career on the line for a ring. To me, this entire ordeal smells fishy.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#40 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:57 am

I don't get the uproar to be honest... why, do you think that all those times that Klay has played injured he had the doctors guarantee to him that there is no chance he can make it worse by playing? Of course there was a chance, I don't think there is a professional athlete who doesn't know that.

Return to The General Board