Bob Myers Confirms Kevin Durant Suffered Achilles Injury

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Bob Myers Confirms Kevin Durant Suffered Achilles Injury 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:15 am

An emotional Bob Myers confirmed Kevin Durant suffered an Achilles injury in the second quarter of Game 5.

Durant will undergo an MRI on Tuesday to determine the extent of the injury.

Via RealGM Staff Report

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: Bob Myers Confirms Kevin Durant Suffered Achilles Injury 

Post#2 » by jason bourne » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:19 am

ZOMG!!! Still need the MRI. Hopin' for the best, KD.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#3 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:26 am

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Simon_Says
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Simon_Says » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:26 am

Yeah, I could tell it was probably his Achilles. Someone posted a clip where you can see it pop, so I'm pretty sure its a full tear. That really sucks for KD. Wishing him the best

Clip: https://streamable.com/gvj6z
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#5 » by 720 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:35 am

**** clown got KD injured and now has crocodile tears to deflect blame.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#6 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:35 am

Why is Bob Myers pretending to cry?

That whole organization, from the players to the coach to the staff, pressured KD into playing.

Steve Kerr kept using Kevin as a "oh he might be back tonight, who knows!" since the Rockets series. This is his fault for not simply saying "KD is injured, he's out, we move on until he's back whenever that is"

and why did the Warriors staff clear him to play tonight, KNOWING he had an existing achilles injury?

Kevin Durant, as we know him, will never be the same again. Nobody comes back from a ruptured achilles and plays like before.

And this vindicates Kawhi Leonard. He knew he wasn't ready, and he sat out and told the Spurs to go take a hike. Now Kawhi is healthy, strong, and about to win his 2nd Finals MVP.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#7 » by BigTex » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:36 am

Simon_Says wrote:Yeah, I could tell it was probably his Achilles. Someone posted a clip where you can see it pop, so I'm pretty sure its a full tear. That really sucks for KD. Wishing him the best

If that’s a full thickness tear, he’s out most of next season. Heart of a champion right there.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#8 » by radeonboy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:39 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Why is Bob Myers pretending to cry?

That whole organization, from the players to the coach to the staff, pressured KD into playing.

Steve Kerr kept using Kevin as a "oh he might be back tonight, who knows!" since the Rockets series. This is his fault for not simply saying "KD is injured, he's out, we move on until he's back whenever that is"

and why did the Warriors staff clear him to play tonight, KNOWING he had an existing achilles injury?

Kevin Durant, as we know him, will never be the same again. Nobody comes back from a ruptured achilles and plays like before.

+1000000000

And just to add, not only did the GS organization pressure him in coming back, the media also pressured him just by talking about that they needed KD to come back to have a chance. KD unfortunately took the bait when he should have said no like Kawhi.

Pure negligence by the GS organization. They did Durant dirty.
AwkwardBoogaloo
Sophomore
And1: 391

Post#9 » by AwkwardBoogaloo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:40 am

As a Raptors fan I’ve gotta say I’m pretty disappointed at the way everyone was cheering when KD went down. Not a good look... never a good thing to see a guy go down like that. The man cane back early to help save his team and potentially risked the future of his career. Not a Durant fan btw, can’t stand the dude but I gotta respect how he came back early from his injury to play for another ring that nobody will give him credit for if they win.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#10 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:41 am

BigTex wrote:
Simon_Says wrote:Yeah, I could tell it was probably his Achilles. Someone posted a clip where you can see it pop, so I'm pretty sure its a full tear. That really sucks for KD. Wishing him the best

If that’s a full thickness tear, he’s out most of next season. Heart of a champion right there.

Kevin turns 31 this September. To suffer an achilles at this point.... he will play again when he's 32 at the earliest.

We have just witnessed the end of Kevin Durant's prime tonight. The Warriors have this on their conscious.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#11 » by BigTex » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:41 am

I think only Durrant would have made that decision. Surely as a free agent to be, he had independent medical advice, was told he was taking a risk of very significant reinjury, and decided to play in the face of that advice. If not, it’s borderline criminal on the part of the team and his agent. But I can’t imagine he wasn’t fully informed both by the team and his own physicians.
ozthegap
Senior
And1: 159

Post#12 » by ozthegap » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:47 am

he just lost his last big payday by trying to go the 1 and 1 route for a ring. first cousins now kd. the rest of these players paying attention?
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#13 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:18 am

Oh well, he got them 1 more game.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,650

Post#14 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:33 am

And this vindicates Kawhi Leonard. He knew he wasn't ready, and he sat out and told the Spurs to go take a hike. Now Kawhi is healthy, strong, and about to win his 2nd Finals MVP.

This. I don't get why everyone isn't questioning this.

Then question the bad decision to play him. Collaborative or not, which at this point I believe less.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#15 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:39 am

I can’t believe Myers expected the media and fans to believe those tears were real.

Pathetic that he wants us to pity him and think he’s the good guy when he knows they ****ed up big time by allowing him to play.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
PhYrE
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#16 » by PhYrE » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:49 am

AwkwardBoogaloo wrote:As a Raptors fan I’ve gotta say I’m pretty disappointed at the way everyone was cheering when KD went down. Not a good look... never a good thing to see a guy go down like that. The man cane back early to help save his team and potentially risked the future of his career. Not a Durant fan btw, can’t stand the dude but I gotta respect how he came back early from his injury to play for another ring that nobody will give him credit for if they win.

I do believe the cheer was sincere. The crowd clapped him off after he got up and was chanting KD for a good 30 seconds after he went off.

At first there was some laughing and chatter but that’s because it looked like he fell down to try and pretend like he was fouled even after the play had left the zone. After that, it was a sincere sendoff.
--
Mike
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#17 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 am

I’ll miss prime KD, even though I disagreed with his decision to play for GS (which I’m guessing he kinda regrets too seeing how they let him play when the risk factor was clearly very high..)
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#18 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:58 am

jason bourne wrote:ZOMG!!! Still need the MRI. Hopin' for the best, KD.

If you saw the slow motion video of the wave going down his leg, it was not encouraging.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
alienpick
Starter
And1: 617

Post#19 » by alienpick » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:50 am

AwkwardBoogaloo wrote:As a Raptors fan I’ve gotta say I’m pretty disappointed at the way everyone was cheering when KD went down. Not a good look... never a good thing to see a guy go down like that. The man cane back early to help save his team and potentially risked the future of his career. Not a Durant fan btw, can’t stand the dude but I gotta respect how he came back early from his injury to play for another ring that nobody will give him credit for if they win.

It’s because the Warriors have tortured everyone with the constant KD coming back/isn’t coming back news. They said it wasn’t a serious injury. The media said once KD came back the Raps were done. So people were happy this game playing of theirs was over. THATS what they were cheering. People don’t like being jerked around with.

Of course no one wants to see someone hurt and when he was going off they clapped for him. It sucks that he has a torn Achilles. It’s complete crap that the Warriors haven’t been serious about his injury and even let him play. That was completely stupid.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#20 » by Vegeta10176 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 am

alienpick wrote:

It’s because the Warriors have tortured everyone with the constant KD coming back/isn’t coming back news. They said it wasn’t a serious injury. The media said once KD came back the Raps were done. So people were happy this game playing of theirs was over. THATS what they were cheering. People don’t like being jerked around with.

Of course no one wants to see someone hurt and when he was going off they clapped for him. It sucks that he has a torn Achilles. It’s complete crap that the Warriors haven’t been serious about his injury and even let him play. That was completely stupid.

That narrative is not why ppl clapped when he was injured it's because they were bad sports who wanted to beat a team when down cause they knew if the warriors were healthy they would lose.. At least next year will not be predictable..

Return to Wiretap Discussion