When you see another “They forced KD to play” post

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Re: Live look at Durant being forced to play 

Post#41 » by zhenyasj » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:01 am

NapoleonII wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
Well, did the doctors clear him? I mean it has to be on them ultimately. The guy had a calf injury and clearly playing on it lead to this which is pretty bad, but you never know with these things.

No, we do know.

Several people who saw Kevin practice said he had no business being on an NBA court -- Jalen Rose included, who expressed as much on national television. When the Warriors officially ruled it a calf injury, many had doubted the legitimacy of the report due to the fact KD unequivocally grabbed his lower Achilles against Houston; the same exact spot he grabbed today. Couple tonight's injury that with the fact Kerr, "had no idea", supposedly, of Kevin's progression through the injury, or a SPECIFIC timetable for his return, and it looks like an intentional misinformation campaign by the Warriors. It just smells like Kevin was "cleared" after great "convincing" to get him on that court for the sake of another ring.

Either KD was lead astray by the medical staff, or he was in on the misinformation campaign. I sincerely hope the Warriors didn't put KD's career on the line for a ring. To me, this entire ordeal smells fishy.

Ok, so let's look into this...
1. Jalen said that after the practice prior to game 4 I believe, not the practice yesterday.
2. So KD had an achilles injury but Warriors said it was a calf strain? There were multiple MRIs done, but the Warriors faked them or lied about the MRIs showed? KD and his agent don't have own doctors to review the MRIs? Myers lied about the fact that MULTIPLE Parties agreed that KD was ok to play?
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#42 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:04 am

inquisitive wrote:At the end of the day only KD knows if he should’ve played. It is really on him

He is desperate to be liked. It was reported that GSW players are frustrated with him not playing. And now all of them almost crying ...
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#43 » by LipSkinMatter » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:05 am

Dupp wrote:You’d have to be pretty delusional to think the warriors didn’t completely screw up by LETTING him play.

Complete negligence and now he’s got a serious injury.

Complete negligence would describe your post.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,065

Post#44 » by Lalouie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:07 am

inquisitive wrote:At the end of the day only KD knows if he should’ve played. It is really on him

yes. the difference between kd and kl, seems to me, since everyone is blaming the doctors,,,
in both cases each player got the okay to play. kl said there's something wrong. kd never said a thing but probably a desire to play.
it might be that kd was feeling "something" but never told anyone.

the way kl has been handled by tor shows that he was right in not playing, as sometimes he looks great and other times he looks hobbled. as for kd, for all we know kd might be to blame for withholding any bit of irritation from his doctors. with kawhi fresh in everyone's mind, i'm pretty sure gsw would have held kd out if he had said something.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#45 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:10 am

Vlade Divac wrote:

He is desperate to be liked. It was reported that GSW players are frustrated with him not playing. And now all of them almost crying ...

was a BS report refuted by literally everyone, including Klay just now after the game.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#46 » by ken6199 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:10 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Looks more like an accidental tear of achillies, but caused by a strained calf.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#47 » by Dupp » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:11 am

LipSkinMatter wrote:
Dupp wrote:You’d have to be pretty delusional to think the warriors didn’t completely screw up by LETTING him play.

Complete negligence and now he’s got a serious injury.

Complete negligence would describe your post.

Yeah true KD was right to play! Oh wait ...
mcmokken
Senior
And1: 919

Post#48 » by mcmokken » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:14 am

ken6199 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

A twitter doctor who misspells "believe" and "gastrocnemius."

Seems legit :roll:
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#49 » by shangrila » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 am

floppymoose wrote:I notice a lack of Kevin Durant fans in the people calling for the Warriors orgs heads. Why would that be? Mysterious.

Because most if not all of the remaining Durant fans are also Warriors fans who aren't about to start eating their own?

It really isn't that hard to figure out.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#50 » by ken6199 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:41 am

mcmokken wrote:
ken6199 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

A twitter doctor who misspells "believe" and "gastrocnemius."

Seems legit :roll:

Lot of similar tweets saying about the same thing. I just took one of them for the video clip.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Ecmic
Pro Prospect
And1: 804

Post#51 » by Ecmic » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:47 am

It sucks to happen this way, but Durant’s injury in two seconds did more to progress the cause of player health and accountability than literally anything else could have done in an exponentially greater period of time.

Hopefully Durant can take solace in the fact that tonight he protected his fellow players, and prevented an uncountable number of future injuries from ever occurring.
Loaded_Hollows
Starter
And1: 3,412

Re: When you see another “They forced KD to play” post 

Post#52 » by Loaded_Hollows » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 am

richboy wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:Image

Rarely are people forced to do anything. The reality is an environment can be created where you seem to have no real option. In this case the Warriors told KD he couldn't get more injured. They told the media he couldn't get more injured. Which then led the media to start the Warriors players want KD to play because he can't get more injured. Then when it is time to make a decision and KD has this idea that he can't get more injured on his mind what decision you think he is going to make.

Either show me a source proving that the warriors told KD that or admit that you just made that up :lol:
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#53 » by 13th Man » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:53 am

He wasn't forced but he was pressured, there's a difference. KD caved to the pressure.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#54 » by xdrta+ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:55 am

13th Man wrote:He wasn't forced but he was pressured, there's a difference. KD caved to the pressure.

And you know this because...oh, that's right, because a voice in your head told you so.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,946

Post#55 » by DonaldSanders » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:57 am

azwfan wrote:
ken6199 wrote:- He should play
- He shouldn't have played
- He should sue the Warriors
- Lowry is dirty
- Toronto fans are classless

We can't have enough of this.

I actually havent seen Lowry is dirty yet. haha

A friend of mine said that chatting tonight over Discord, I was surprised. Lowry plays hard, but not dirty. He definitely was the main guy trying to quiet the crowd when the Raps fans sadly cheered when KD went down with a clear bad injury. I respect Lowry.
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#56 » by 13th Man » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:00 am

xdrta+ wrote:
13th Man wrote:He wasn't forced but he was pressured, there's a difference. KD caved to the pressure.

And you know this because...oh, that's right, because a voice in your head told you so.

Ummm....because it's pretty obvious to everybody except for the blind and biased?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#57 » by xdrta+ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:01 am

It's pretty obvious that you can just make stuff up.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,571

Post#58 » by RB34 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:03 am

NapoleonII wrote:The front office needs to be responsible, otherwise, what the hell are they good for?

Everyone placing this squarely on KD is missing that so much of the NBA is narrative, spin, misinformation and rumor.

The Warriors have way too much smoke (with how this was handled and communicated), and now a HOF player with a potential career-ending injury on their watch, to be declared completely innocent here.

Investigate the hell out of this, and, KD, come out with exactly how this went down.

You’re on every thread saying this needs to be investigated, what would you like investigated?

What obligation does anyone involved have to cooperate with said investigation?
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,946

Post#59 » by DonaldSanders » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:04 am

B-Ball Freak wrote:
clyde21 wrote:this was KD before the game, clearly being forced to playu

:lol: you think doing a couple of dance moves for 5 seconds is equivalent to playing in an intense all out do or die Finals game.

C'mon bruh. He didn't say that, he's debating whether KD was forced to play. You know the difference between that and what you said.

BayArea408415 wrote:
ken6199 wrote:I was jokingly making that up about that non existing "Lowry is dirty" thread.

The play I refer to was the Kevon Looney injury. They were calling him out in the game thread.

It's actually my mistake. He did in fact undercut Looney (not Klay) but I meant it was due to clumsiness and bad positioning rather than being dirty.

Yeah, I feel the same way about Zaza injuring Kawhi. I really don't think Zaza was trying to injure anyone, he just made a bad, dangerous play once. That doesn't make someone dirty like say a Bruce Bowen who knew exactly what he was doing and the risk involved, over and over and over.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#60 » by Luigi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:04 am

The legit criticism here is on Steve Kerr and his "grey area" comments about the injury, and his constant threat of maybe KD will be back.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.

Return to The General Board