When you see another “They forced KD to play” post

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,714

Re: When you see another “They forced KD to play” post 

Post#61 » by DonaldSanders » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 am

Luigi wrote:The legit criticism here is on Steve Kerr and his "grey area" comments about the injury, and his constant threat of maybe KD will be back.

What do you mean? It sounds like nobody really knew how badly KD was injured including Kerr, considering where KD is at now.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,010

Post#62 » by Lalouie » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:13 am

no one forced anyone.
however there may have been "forces in play". there's the media coverage every single day with kerr giving updates - that ALONE is a force at play. there's his teammates watching his practice looking for signs that everything is right - that is a force at play. probably his doctors too, watching his practices to see if there are signs on lingering injury - that's a force at play. there's the media speculation and ex players saying he should play if he's ok - that's a strong force at play because it's his peers essentially saying "if he's a man he plays."

there was the kawhi thing with sas last year, and the rose thing @chicago, where basically both were roasted and questioned about their commitment.

and finally there's kd HIMSELF. any of you ever been to the doctor. doctors don't know a thing until YOU tell them something's wrong. in fact,,,the player is the true final word. after practice aren't the doctors asking kd "how did it feel". i mean they can only go by the tests, but ultimately they are left with asking kd to fill them in. now if kd was feeling pressure both external and internal, i can easily see him glossing over any minor problem. or maybe he just simply wanted to help a team in trouble. i mean many have questioned kd's move to gsw from the very beginning, me included. so now there's this added pressure of assuaging all the criticism leveled his way./

so don't make this all sound so black and white. ultimately, if something wasn't right kd could have done what kawhi did, but he didn't did he!

then there's this,,,"Kevon Looney Re-Aggravates Chest Injury, Vows To Play Through Pain"
PEOPLE, THIS IS WHAT PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES DO. and if kd TRULY felt great, then play he did.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#63 » by Luigi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
Luigi wrote:The legit criticism here is on Steve Kerr and his "grey area" comments about the injury, and his constant threat of maybe KD will be back.

What do you mean? It sounds like nobody really knew how badly KD was injured including Kerr, considering where KD is at now.

I mean he put public pressure on KD coming back with his gamesmanship through public comments. He should have watched out for his guy instead of playing head games through the media. The decision in the end was KD's, I'm sure. Down to the number of minutes he played. But that doesn't mean there aren't legit criticisms of other actors here.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,529

Re: Live look at Durant being forced to play 

Post#64 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:35 am

I believe that any painful injury below the knee is likely to affect your gait and thus increase the risk of another, new injury in your legs. That happened to me once. And while I can't say that sports injury news has strongly confirmed my theory over the subsequent 40+ years, it hasn't disconfirmed it either.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#65 » by richboy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:02 am

Loaded_Hollows wrote:
richboy wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:Image

Rarely are people forced to do anything. The reality is an environment can be created where you seem to have no real option. In this case the Warriors told KD he couldn't get more injured. They told the media he couldn't get more injured. Which then led the media to start the Warriors players want KD to play because he can't get more injured. Then when it is time to make a decision and KD has this idea that he can't get more injured on his mind what decision you think he is going to make.

Either show me a source proving that the warriors told KD that or admit that you just made that up :lol:

Steve Kerr and Briand Windhorst said this bfore the game.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#66 » by LuDux1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:03 am

floppymoose wrote:I notice a lack of Kevin Durant fans in the people calling for the Warriors orgs heads. Why would that be? Mysterious.

It's not like they clapped
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#67 » by Luigi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:17 am

Some warriors fans should be more upset with management over their handling of Durant here. Sure, Durant made the call to play, probably even to play so many minutes. But your coach and medical staff failed to protect him.

I mean, If a boxer is getting killed, it's up to his corner to stop the fight and save him, even if it makes the boxer angry. Athletes always want to go. It's their job to want to go. Managment is supposed to look out for the player's interest here, they have responsibilities. Frankly, it looks like some Warrior fans once again going with their hometown core, from players up to management, instead of getting the back of the guy who just sacrificed the rest of his top 10 all time career trying to get you a 3 peat.

Sorry for your loss, it's all of our loss (despite how much I've liked hating on Durant over the last 3 years, injury is where things get real).
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
WestGOAT
Starter
And1: 3,217

Post#68 » by WestGOAT » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:22 am

LKN wrote:
inquisitive wrote:At the end of the day only KD knows if he should’ve played. It is really on him

Is he a doctor now? Can he read an MRI?

The medical staff and front office should have the final say. They allowed him to possibly ruin the rest of his career.

I don't blame KD at all, but players are not going to be fully rational with these decisions and they are not doctors.

Yup, GSW probably told KD the worse that could happen is re-tweak his calf, Kerr said so himself:

If Kerr actually was being genuine with Doris who knows.
spotted in Bologna
jimmy_smith
Bench Warmer
And1: 914

Post#69 » by jimmy_smith » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:26 am

They didn't foce him to play, just make him look selfish and a quitter for not play.

That's basic malnipulation tactic.
Make it's look like their own idea to give you want you want, con artist and scammer done it for years.
KC: Do you still think your a championship caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if i'm wrong
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#70 » by MeloRoseNoah » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:31 am

jimmy_smith wrote:They didn't foce him to play, just make him look selfish and a quitter for not play.

Make it's look like their own idea to give you want you want, con artist and scammer done it for years.

Exactly. The Warriors organization, including the Warriors players, coaches, GM, and owners have manipulated the media to make KD like some weak biyatch who's abandoning his team.

If the rumors were untrue, they would have come out with public statements dispelling all the garbage and call out media hosts. Instead, they know that KD is some thin skin weak idiot, and utilize the media to pressure KD into playing on a partial torn ligament. Suck for KD. But, KD is an athlete so I get that he's not the brightest bulb in the room. His agent is also an idiot. If I'm a NBA player who has that agent, I would asap fire that dude and hire a new one tomorrow.
Ferulci
Starter
And1: 2,263

Post#71 » by Ferulci » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:37 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:
jimmy_smith wrote:They didn't foce him to play, just make him look selfish and a quitter for not play.

Exactly. The Warriors organization, including the Warriors players, coaches, GM, and owners have manipulated the media to make KD like some weak biyatch who's abandoning his team.

If the rumors were untrue, they would have come out with public statements dispelling all the garbage and call out media hosts. Instead, they know that KD is some thin skin weak idiot, and utilize the media to pressure KD into playing on a partial torn ligament. Suck for KD. But, KD is an athlete so I get that he's not the brightest bulb in the room. His agent is also an idiot. If I'm a NBA player who has that agent, I would asap fire that dude and hire a new one tomorrow.

Man what an idiotic take. To quote you, you're not
not the brightest bulb in the room
buckboy wrote:
jg77 wrote:Lavine is my dark horse MVP candidate.

That is the darkest horse that has ever galloped.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,213

Post#72 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:31 pm

zhenyasj wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
No, we do know.

Several people who saw Kevin practice said he had no business being on an NBA court -- Jalen Rose included, who expressed as much on national television. When the Warriors officially ruled it a calf injury, many had doubted the legitimacy of the report due to the fact KD unequivocally grabbed his lower Achilles against Houston; the same exact spot he grabbed today. Couple tonight's injury that with the fact Kerr, "had no idea", supposedly, of Kevin's progression through the injury, or a SPECIFIC timetable for his return, and it looks like an intentional misinformation campaign by the Warriors. It just smells like Kevin was "cleared" after great "convincing" to get him on that court for the sake of another ring.

Either KD was lead astray by the medical staff, or he was in on the misinformation campaign. I sincerely hope the Warriors didn't put KD's career on the line for a ring. To me, this entire ordeal smells fishy.

Ok, so let's look into this...
1. Jalen said that after the practice prior to game 4 I believe, not the practice yesterday.
2. So KD had an achilles injury but Warriors said it was a calf strain? There were multiple MRIs done, but the Warriors faked them or lied about the MRIs showed? KD and his agent don't have own doctors to review the MRIs? Myers lied about the fact that MULTIPLE Parties agreed that KD was ok to play?

I swear the talk about KD are reaching past the whole 911 and flat earth BS. There has been and never will be any legit reason for there to have been any lies in any of this. Doctors aren't going to risk their careers to lie when there's NOTHING to gain from it. Odds are against them doing it in the first place, but with ZERO to gain?

It's the same with the constant crap about refs risking their jobs and freedom to make a few bucks gambling. Sure it could happen, but to the levels fans act like it happens is preposterous.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,393

Post#73 » by NapoleonII » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:36 pm

The Warrior fans who refuse to even look at their office's actions....wow, that's pretty low.

Dude got you 2 rings, may never play again and now he's already an expiring contract.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#74 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Luigi wrote:Some warriors fans should be more upset with management over their handling of Durant here. Sure, Durant made the call to play, probably even to play so many minutes. But your coach and medical staff failed to protect him.

I mean, If a boxer is getting killed, it's up to his corner to stop the fight and save him, even if it makes the boxer angry. Athletes always want to go. It's their job to want to go. Managment is supposed to look out for the player's interest here, they have responsibilities. Frankly, it looks like some Warrior fans once again going with their hometown core, from players up to management, instead of getting the back of the guy who just sacrificed the rest of his top 10 all time career trying to get you a 3 peat.

Sorry for your loss, it's all of our loss (despite how much I've liked hating on Durant over the last 3 years, injury is where things get real).

You can get injured anytime you step on the floor. Unless you're a doctor who was working with KD, odds are you don't have half the information needed to really speak on if this was a failure by the doctors. Perhaps a medical board should be called in to see if there was malpractice here. If that is called for, I'm sure KD's team will address it. Until then this kind of speculation is either silly or down right offensive given you're effectively saying you know more than actual experts because you know...you can read news articles.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#75 » by Dupp » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Ferulci wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:

Man what an idiotic take. To quote you, you're not
not the brightest bulb in the room

So he is the brightest bulb? :P
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#76 » by Dupp » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
Luigi wrote:Some warriors fans should be more upset with management over their handling of Durant here. Sure, Durant made the call to play, probably even to play so many minutes. But your coach and medical staff failed to protect him.

You can get injured anytime you step on the floor. Unless you're a doctor who was working with KD, odds are you don't have half the information needed to really speak on if this was a failure by the doctors. Perhaps a medical board should be called in to see if there was malpractice here. If that is called for, I'm sure KD's team will address it. Until then this kind of speculation is either silly or down right offensive given you're effectively saying you know more than actual experts because you know...you can read news articles.

What a major coincidence this injury is then :thinking:
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#77 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Dupp wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

What a major coincidence this injury is then :thinking:

Playing through any kind of pain or poor conditioning risks additional injuries. Why don't we wait a short period of time, a year or so and see what happened instead of this nonsense speculation?
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,413

Post#78 » by infinite11285 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:46 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
zhenyasj wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:

Ok, so let's look into this...
1. Jalen said that after the practice prior to game 4 I believe, not the practice yesterday.
2. So KD had an achilles injury but Warriors said it was a calf strain? There were multiple MRIs done, but the Warriors faked them or lied about the MRIs showed? KD and his agent don't have own doctors to review the MRIs? Myers lied about the fact that MULTIPLE Parties agreed that KD was ok to play?

I swear the talk about KD are reaching past the whole 911 and flat earth BS. There has been and never will be any legit reason for there to have been any lies in any of this. Doctors aren't going to risk their careers to lie when there's NOTHING to gain from it. Odds are against them doing it in the first place, but with ZERO to gain?

It's the same with the constant crap about refs risking their jobs and freedom to make a few bucks gambling. Sure it could happen, but to the levels fans act like it happens is preposterous.

Fine. Let’s pretend everything is A-ok in Warrior land.

Cousins “really wanted to come back” and sustained an additional injury due to overcompensating for his previous Achilles tear. Did he come back to early? Maybe, maybe not. There were reports he was “way ahead of schedule”, but let’s ignore he’s looked anything but way ahead of schedule after coming back. Big coincidence.

Looney broke his collarbone, “really wanted to come back”, sought a second opinion, was cleared, played through agonizing pain, and is now ruled out for the remainder of the series. Big coincidence.

Durant maybe had a calf strain, maybe had a partially torn Achilles. Who knows? Let’s ask Kerr about it. Oh, Kerr doesn’t know what’s going on. Weird. But hey, the team’s facing elimination and KD, “really wants to come back”...****...that same Achilles finished tearing. Big coincidence.

Bob Meyers offers an interview, and in tears, implored the public to “blame him” for what’s happened. Kind of weird a POBO would say these things unprovoked. But hey, Bob’s a nice guy. This is all big coincidence.

These are all big coincidences. Nothing to see here.
spacemonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,661

Post#79 » by spacemonkey » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:50 pm

L3GEND4RY wrote:Not sure if he was “forced” but we shouldn’t question his heart anymore.

Nobody should have questioned his heart to begin with, IMO. You don't become as great as KD is without that heart.

I'm not a fan of KD, but some of the takes around him have been absolutely absurd.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,821

Post#80 » by gmoney411 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:52 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:

It's not silly or offensive. A lot of people that have played team sports can speak to the pressure teammates and coaches will put on players to fight through injuries. It's what you are "supposed to do" in sports. Kawhi got dragged through the mud by fans, media, and his own teammates for doing the opposite. Nobody could force Kawhi to play, but they tried to bully and trick him into playing if you believe his side of the story.

The reason the NFL has a concussion protocol is because players, coaches, and organizations can't be trusted to do what's best for the players. Sports culture is awful when it comes to looking out for a player's best physical interest. Sure KD made a choice but at some point the unemotional decision makers have to step in and tell the player they aren't going to let them ruin their career for one game, or one play, or one series. Grant Hill and IT lost their careers over that bs.

The Warriors failed KD. It's why Bob Meyers was at the podium crying. He knows they should have saved KD from himself even if he wanted to play.

Return to The General Board