ImageImageImage

Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL]

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Which PG would you want back?

Kyrie Irving (at max $$)
30%
Rajon Rondo (at MLE)
33%
Terry Rozier (at $12M per)
12%
Isaiah Thomas (at vet minimum)
16%
Jordan Crawford (at vet minimum)
5%
Other (Pls specify in comments)
4%

Total votes: 81

ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Re: Which Former Celtics Point Guard Would You Want Back? [POLL] 

Post#21 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:44 pm

Rondoooo
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,668

Post#22 » by The Corey's » Sat Jun 8, 2019 11:55 pm

I will pause my fandom if I have to watch rondo chase assist and brick free throws ever again.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#23 » by GoGreen » Sun Jun 9, 2019 1:33 am

I'll die on my Isaiah Thomas hill alone and idc lol.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,839

Post#24 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Jun 9, 2019 1:51 am

The correct answer is Jameer Nelson btw. Only 38 when he leads us to banner 18 next season.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,435

Post#25 » by Triple7 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 1:56 am

Irving!
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,872

Post#26 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Jun 9, 2019 2:11 am

Shane Larkin, for the right price. I think he's a good replacement for Rozier given that Larkin has been the best pg in Europe this year.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#27 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Sun Jun 9, 2019 2:24 am

Clone a 25 year old version of Cousy.
paganin-74
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#28 » by paganin-74 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 6:20 am

Simba!

Had a terrific season in Europe, led his team to the EuroLeague Final appearance for the first time in team history. A high-character guy, his absence in the locker room contributed to this season's turmoil. What a blunder it was replacing him with Wanamaker.
The more I learn about people, the more I like my Warriors. :D
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,932

Post#29 » by Joshyjess » Sun Jun 9, 2019 7:09 am

For starters - Kyrie gets my first vote, and Rondo would get my second vote
For back-ups - Avery Bradley gets my first vote, and Shane Larkin gets my second vote.

Personally, I hope to never have to see Rozier donning a Celtic uniform again. The guy just comes across as a egotistical malcontent with an exaggerated sense of value who went out of his way to cause as much damage as possible this year. There's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out!!!!

As much as I would love to see Isaiah back in the green, I just don't think he has it in him to repeat his high-level of play anymore. If he were willing to come off the bench, he might be a fun addition, but I think he would want his old starting job back.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,872

Post#30 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Jun 9, 2019 12:39 pm

Avery Bradley is an undersized 2-guard. He can't run an offense.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,314

Post#31 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 9, 2019 3:09 pm

La Flame wrote:Give me the greatest Celtic since Pierce

Jordan "Player of the week" Crawford

I'd rather take Rozier back at the ridiculous contract he's getting from Danny than Big Balls. :lol:
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#32 » by Roddy » Sun Jun 9, 2019 3:18 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:The correct answer is Jameer Nelson btw. Only 38 when he leads us to banner 18 next season.

And then you add Raymond Felton as a backup !

Brett43
Junior
And1: 167

Post#33 » by Brett43 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:07 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Read it. Then vote for Rondo. LOL. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839902-rajon-rondo-unplugged

OK I'm in. Bring back Rondo.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#34 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Kyrie. The rest are garbage-tier players at this point. It's not 2007 anymore for Rondo. Would rather just have Wanamaker/Smart/Dozier run the point than bring back retreads like Rondo or IT. IT was unplayable in Denver, two years removed from his first surgery; he's cooked. Rondo is a shell and his playmaking is way overrated and he hasn't had a positive +/- since he played with three hall of famers.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#35 » by CeltsfaninDC » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Tiny Archibald?
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#36 » by brackdan70 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:00 pm

I am talking myself into TRo if the price is fair

Despite having a down year after his great run in 2018 playoffs his numbers when he played more than 30 min were stellar, and when more than 20 min they were pretty good. Less than 20 hideous. I know I am cherry picking a bit here but if Kyrie goes I don’t mind giving TRo a large role and....gulp....4/50.

My biggest concern is how he meshes with Hayward....
Sign here
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#37 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:03 pm

Roddy wrote:Image

I think this is the funniest thing I have ever seen. God it’s adorable.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#38 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 pm

I can't believe I'm gonna say this after all the flak I gave him and I swore I wouldn't be fooled again after the car wash but I'm actually gonna say Terry. I officially hate myself but he makes sense. This group plays best when they play fast and put the pressure on defenses. Occasionally that will mean some bad early shots but Rozier pushes the pace. He and Brown play well together. I think a quicker tempo helps Hayward get back to who he was faster. Honestly we have a number of guys who IMO would benefit from playing at a much faster pace than we did this last season. That includes Al. I think TimeLord would be able to contribute. Semi as well. Say what you want about Terry (and I have) he will not let a team rest on defense. And he focuses on two things: getting into the lane and shooting 3s. He's 25. He's about to enter his prime years where the game really starts to slow down. It makes no sense but I'm gonna take Terry Rozier.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,839

Post#39 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:I can't believe I'm gonna say this after all the flak I gave him and I swore I wouldn't be fooled again after the car wash but I'm actually gonna say Terry. I officially hate myself but he makes sense. This group plays best when they play fast and put the pressure on defenses. Occasionally that will mean some bad early shots but Rozier pushes the pace. He and Brown play well together. I think a quicker tempo helps Hayward get back to who he was faster. Honestly we have a number of guys who IMO would benefit from playing at a much faster pace than we did this last season. That includes Al. I think TimeLord would be able to contribute. Semi as well. Say what you want about Terry (and I have) he will not let a team rest on defense. And he focuses on two things: getting into the lane and shooting 3s. He's 25. He's about to enter his prime years where the game really starts to slow down. It makes no sense but I'm gonna take Terry Rozier.

I like Terry in the open court. In the half court is where he frustrates me. We have to use him right to highlight his strengths and hide his weaknesses. I thought we did a poor job at that last season. Apart from applying full court pressure, his ability to grab a board and just go might be my favorite part of his game. Push the ball whenever there's an opportunity for transition or semi-transition baskets. But if we need to slow it down, he's got to give it up to Horford or Hayward, both of whom are better decision-makers with the ball. In the half court, Rozier pounds the ball too much or takes one too many early clock jumpers.

In order to thrive in transition, we should be great at forcing turnovers (I think we'll do fine here with less holes on defense) and/or be able to consistently secure defensive boards, limit the opponents to a single shot attempt (we need to improve here). What's happening right now is our wings have to help our single big with boxing out and rebounding. It's hard to run when you're also fighting for the boards. We need someone who can clean the glass on his own. As much as I love everything else he brings, Horford has never been good at that. A Kevin Love type who gobbles up rebounds and throws the quick outlet pass. I just don't know where and how we can get such a guy (unless we get AD). Hayward and Smart have been doing it more than others on the team.
Dangit
Starter
And1: 1,927

Post#40 » by Dangit » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:04 pm

Don't know how accurate it is , but the rumor in the Kentucky circle is Rajon is headed to Indiana according to his family
Postby YouthMovement on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm

im 19 and i can say paul pierce ruined my childhood

Return to Boston Celtics