ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Predict the Finals

Raps in 4
20%
Raptors in 5
19%
Raptors in 6
15%
Raptors in 7
10%
Warriors in 7
5%
Warriors in 6
18%
Warriors in 5
9%
Warriors in 4
3%

Total votes: 88

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Re: Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition 

Post#1781 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:We traded away KP to free up space that may be used on nothing now.

Gave away a promising young player/huge asset for a couple of first round picks that won’t evsn be that good a picks

We can take some solace in knowing the organization at least put themselves in a good position after screwing things up royally. They tanked while playing the kids (at least some of them) & got space for two top tier guys. Who knows? Maybe they’ll finally (FINALLY) use cap space to gain assets / prospects.

Maybe we won’t get the results we all hoped (idc what anyone says, you’re going to be hyped if we land two top tier FAs) this year, but this gives me some hope that they can again put themselves in a good position to strike.

Maybe that time, things do fall into place.

The real issue is that poster suffers from the typical delusional Knicks fan syndrome- having a ridiculous sense of self entitlement as if Durant and 1 or 2 other superstars were a guarantee to come here.

It's terrible what happened to him last night but regardless of his injury I never thought it was some guarantee he'd be a Knick next season. I've been a fan of this team for 3 decades + now and I've learned to temper expectations a LONG time ago.

This is a multi billion dollar corporation that's getting prepared for one of- if not the most- important FA in the teams' history. I'd imagine our front office has contingency plans in place so before emotional posters such as that guy you responded to get all histrionic, they might as well wait and see how the summer plays out first before going into their typical diatribes.

This team has a bunch of young lottery talent on the roster and has 7 1st round picks in the next 5 years and a lot of cap space this summer. This team is definitely on the right path, the trajectory of success might be a little slower than some were hoping for but they're at least moving in the right direction now.

It sounds like he’s just questioning the decision to move KP in light of how this “greatest summer in franchise history” is looking as of now. I try to serpste the two and look at the process that got us here after the KP deal as a source of hope, but his opinion will be shared by many outside the fan base.

Ive seen the 7 picks in 5 years slogan a lot. We can double that amount if no one signs and we become a salary dumping ground and wait till 2021 FA
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#1782 » by Cookies4Life » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:53 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
We can take some solace in knowing the organization at least put themselves in a good position after screwing things up royally. They tanked while playing the kids (at least some of them) & got space for two top tier guys. Who knows? Maybe they’ll finally (FINALLY) use cap space to gain assets / prospects.

Maybe we won’t get the results we all hoped (idc what anyone says, you’re going to be hyped if we land two top tier FAs) this year, but this gives me some hope that they can again put themselves in a good position to strike.

Maybe that time, things do fall into place.

The real issue is that poster suffers from the typical delusional Knicks fan syndrome- having a ridiculous sense of self entitlement as if Durant and 1 or 2 other superstars were a guarantee to come here.

It's terrible what happened to him last night but regardless of his injury I never thought it was some guarantee he'd be a Knick next season. I've been a fan of this team for 3 decades + now and I've learned to temper expectations a LONG time ago.

This is a multi billion dollar corporation that's getting prepared for one of- if not the most- important FA in the teams' history. I'd imagine our front office has contingency plans in place so before emotional posters such as that guy you responded to get all histrionic, they might as well wait and see how the summer plays out first before going into their typical diatribes.

This team has a bunch of young lottery talent on the roster and has 7 1st round picks in the next 5 years and a lot of cap space this summer. This team is definitely on the right path, the trajectory of success might be a little slower than some were hoping for but they're at least moving in the right direction now.

It sounds like he’s just questioning the decision to move KP in light of how this “greatest summer in franchise history” is looking as of now. I try to serpste the two and look at the process that got us here after the KP deal as a source of hope, but his opinion will be shared by many outside the fan base.

Ive seen the 7 picks in 5 years slogan a lot. We can double that amount if no one signs and we become a salary dumping ground and wait till 2021 FA

Does that poster forget the malcontent that Kristaps was turning into? He went into the FO and demanded a trade, said if it didn't happen by the deadline he'd go back to Spain and rehab at the Real Madrid facilities. If any of this was incorrect, Porzingis would've refuted it by now.

Does that sound like a guy that wanted to be here? For them to be able to get any haul back for him in such a short timeline was impressive.

I like Porzingis and think he has a world of potential if he can stay healthy, but his mentality was over the top considering he hasn't accomplished anything yet as an NBA player.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#1783 » by Dantares » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Guys he will be 32 years old coming off an Achilles rupture the next time he plays again. It's insanity to even think of giving him a max.

20 million a year is more reasonable. He may be able to come back and be a 18-20ppg scorer because he is 7 feet tall and he is a great catch and shoot player but he will probably never be KD again.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,167

Post#1784 » by aq_ua » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Dantares wrote:Guys he will be 32 years old coming off an Achilles rupture the next time he plays again. It's insanity to even think of giving him a max.

20 million a year is more reasonable. He may be able to come back and be a 18-20ppg scorer because he is 7 feet tall and he is a great catch and shoot player but he will probably never be KD again.

My hope is that is how GS front office is viewing things while we have nothing to lose by taking a chance on Durant. If he's healthy, we have the best player in the NBA. If he's not, then we have our youth and draft picks. It makes me think twice about throwing all our future assets to get AD, but I had my doubts about that anyway.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,588

Post#1785 » by Stannis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:01 pm

Feel like there's a lot of offseason talk in here lol...

Anyways, Game 6. I'm rooting for GS hard. Can't let those injury cheering people win.

But I think it's near impossible without KD. Just having him for a quarter and a half last game helped so much. They legit got a bunch of broken jumpers surrounding Klay and Curry. It's like surrounding them with Landry Fields and Toney Douglass.
Free Palestine
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#1786 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:

Does that poster forget the malcontent that Kristaps was turning into? He went into the FO and demanded a trade, said if it didn't happen by the deadline he'd go back to Spain and rehab at the Real Madrid facilities. If any of this was incorrect, Porzingis would've refuted it by now.

Does that sound like a guy that wanted to be here? For them to be able to get any haul back for him in such a short timeline was impressive.

I like Porzingis and think he has a world of potential if he can stay healthy, but his mentality was over the top considering he hasn't accomplished anything yet as an NBA player.

Let’s ask him b/c I have no idea what his position is

EricAnderson wrote:We traded away KP to free up space that may be used on nothing now.

Gave away a promising young player/huge asset for a couple of first round picks that won’t evsn be that good a pick
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
draftbarnes
Analyst
And1: 1,913

Post#1787 » by draftbarnes » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Kp on a max contract with his injury issues is not an asset .
On Curry declining

Pharmcat wrote:
Guest202 wrote:Didn't he score 30 two weeks ago on 5 of 10 from three?

you can still have good games in the decline, look at kobe's last game in his career
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#1788 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Gave away a promising young player/huge asset for a couple of first round picks that won’t evsn be that good a pick

I was venting last night so I might have went a little overboard. I still think this trade could end up bad and if the Knicks knew for awhile KP wanted out they should have done it as soon as possible.

But whatever. I understand KP is a sensitive subject around here and people dislike how he left so any point that seems pro KP will cause a reaction. My bigger point wasn’t even about him it’s just how we’re screwed in general.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#1789 » by Rasho Brezec » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Welp. Good thing I'm a lifelong Raps fan.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,675

Post#1790 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:32 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:

I was venting last night so I might have went a little overboard. I still think this trade could end up bad and if the Knicks knew for awhile KP wanted out they should have done it as soon as possible.

But whatever. I understand KP is a sensitive subject around here and people dislike how he left so any point that seems pro KP will cause a reaction. My bigger point wasn’t even about him it’s just how we’re screwed in general.

folks. please. we've done enough with this subject. let's get back to the topic. thanks.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1791 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

GS kinda gotta finish toronto off now.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,956

Post#1792 » by Besart19 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:06 pm

NYKHardKnock wrote:
Besart19 wrote:Mitch / Cousins
Durant / Knox
Leonard / Dotson
Barrett / Trier
Smith / Ntilikina
Honestly, I couldn’t wait for a response from you Besart. Didn’t disappoint :lol:

KD deserves at least a two year deal with a player option until 2021 free agency class!!
Strength and Honour!
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,956

Post#1793 » by Besart19 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:15 pm

Sign either Kemba, Kyrie or Durant for just two years... if no one accepts that, than go for A.Davis

Smith for Isaac

Kemba / Frank
Green / Trier
Kawhi / Dotson
Knox / Isaac
Mitch / Vonleh
Strength and Honour!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,174

Post#1794 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:26 pm

Dantares wrote:Guys he will be 32 years old coming off an Achilles rupture the next time he plays again. It's insanity to even think of giving him a max.

Yes to the first sentence

NO, NO, NO to signing him at all now
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,174

Post#1795 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:27 pm

Besart19 wrote:
NYKHardKnock wrote:
Besart19 wrote:Mitch / Cousins
Durant / Knox
Leonard / Dotson
Barrett / Trier
Smith / Ntilikina
Honestly, I couldn’t wait for a response from you Besart. Didn’t disappoint :lol:

KD deserves at least a two year deal with a player option until 2021 free agency class!!

What does deserving anything have to do with it?

This is still a business, not a charity.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#1796 » by RHODEY » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:31 pm

On the bright side, this may force a slow steady rebuild. Short term that sux but long term we could be in a situation like the 76's are now - or better. I dont mind seeing the youngins develop - and possibly retaining Mitch now.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,588

Post#1797 » by Stannis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Free Palestine
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,953

Post#1798 » by Capn'O » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:01 pm

Stannis wrote:Image

I thought of Lin this morning too and his decision not to play and risk reinjury many years back.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,432

Post#1799 » by j4remi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:02 pm

That fourth quarter was absolute flames. Raptors comeback basically all through Kawhi, take a big lead inside of five mins left...Klay and Curry hit back to back three's to tie it back and then we get a final couple minutes of just a straight up dog fight. It was really great to watch...I'm sleepy AF now though.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1800 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:11 pm

j4remi wrote:That fourth quarter was absolute flames. Raptors comeback basically all through Kawhi, take a big lead inside of five mins left...Klay and Curry hit back to back three's to tie it back and then we get a final couple minutes of just a straight up dog fight. It was really great to watch...I'm sleepy AF now though.

highly entertaining
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks