ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#761 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Herro made 80 of 100 threes working out for Boston the other day...
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#762 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:45 pm

basketballRob wrote:I'm sure Detroit will probably be taking NAw with the 15. If Langford and NAW are gone I wouldn't be opposed to taking Claxton.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

I think a Detroit goes Little or swings for fences with Bol Bol.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#763 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:45 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Herro made 80 of 100 threes working out for Boston the other day...

I said it earlier this week, but I am really rising on Herro. His shotmaking is exactly what this team needs. He is slowly moving up to my 1b prospect in this draft. Reminds me a lot of Devin Booker. Such a natural feel for the game offensively. Something this roster lacks.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#764 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:52 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Herro made 80 of 100 threes working out for Boston the other day...

I said it earlier this week, but I am really rising on Herro. His shotmaking is exactly what this team needs. He is slowly moving up to my 1b prospect in this draft. Reminds me a lot of Devin Booker. Such a natural feel for the game offensively. Something this roster lacks.

I am much more confident in Herro becoming similar to Booker than NAW.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#765 » by j-ragg » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:56 pm

I'd much rather have Herro than Langford. Langford was terrible from the college 3 before his injury with that goofy inconsistent release. He's going to be a terrible NBA shooter. Athleticism/defense isn't nearly good enough to make up for it imo.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#766 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:20 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:

Yeah I’m going NAW then Herro right now. Don’t really want anything to do with Langford. Sure he can’t get to the basket but that shooting motion is UGLY. Previous can’t shoot guards have shown me all I need to know. Fixing it isn’t very likely and it’s only going to be picked on more in NBA
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#767 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:22 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:

Yeah I’m going NAW then Herro right now. Don’t want anything to do with Langford. Sure he can’t get to the basket but that shooting motion is UGLY

That's how I have it too.
NAW
Herro
I do think Herro may go before we pick though.
PrimeThyme
RealGM

Post#768 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:26 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I said it earlier this week, but I am really rising on Herro. His shotmaking is exactly what this team needs. He is slowly moving up to my 1b prospect in this draft. Reminds me a lot of Devin Booker. Such a natural feel for the game offensively. Something this roster lacks.

Yeah I’m going NAW then Herro right now. Don’t want anything to do with Langford. Sure he can’t get to the basket but that shooting motion is UGLY

NAW
Herro

One of NAW/Herro will be gone before we pick imo. We just have to hope both arent gone. Langford/KPJ are okay consolation prizes but NAW/Herro are the two guys that most directly fit our needs and will be the better NBA players imo.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#769 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:53 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

NAW
Herro

One of NAW/Herro will be gone before we pick imo. We just have to hope both arent gone. Langford/KPJ are okay consolation prizes but NAW/Herro are the two guys that most directly fit our needs and will be the better NBA players imo.

I’m not sure on them being gone.

Charlotte - perfect Bol Bol spot or Rui?
Miami - they’ve gotta go PF or SF Washington Rui or Little?
Boston - do they keep or is this NOLA?
Detroit - have Kennard already would they dare take Herro? this could also be Little/Langford/Washington?
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,085

Post#770 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:02 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:
NAW
Herro

Detroit - have Kennard already would they dare take Herro? this could also be Little/Langford/Washington?

Kinda didn't look into Herro much once i heard the t-rex arm comments..... but once i saw the videos... i really liked what i saw. If his name is call at 16... I can see why.
PrimeThyme
RealGM

Post#771 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:38 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:
NAW
Herro

I could easily see any one of those teams drafting a guard. Detroit seems to like Luke in that 6th man role and started a very underwhelming Bruce Brown for most of the year, Charlotte has a bust in Monk and also has Jeremy lamb hitting free agency this summer (most likely wont have cap space to resign him), Miami has Dion waiters who is hurt 85% of the time and also seems best suited for a 6th man role, and Boston can't make a trade with NOLA until after July 1st so I assume they will be drafting for themselves and not another team.

NAW/Herro have had really good workouts with Boston and Herro seems to be impressing with every team he tries out for. Would not be the least surprised if both are gone at 16.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#772 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:59 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:One of NAW/Herro will be gone before we pick imo. We just have to hope both arent gone. Langford/KPJ are okay consolation prizes but NAW/Herro are the two guys that most directly fit our needs and will be the better NBA players imo.

I could easily see any one of those teams drafting a guard. Detroit seems to like Luke in that 6th man role and started a very underwhelming Bruce Brown for most of the year, Charlotte has a bust in Monk and also has Jeremy lamb hitting free agency this summer (most likely wont have cap space to resign him), Miami has Dion waiters who is hurt 85% of the time and also seems best suited for a 6th man role, and Boston can't make a trade with NOLA until after July 1st so I assume they will be drafting for themselves and not another team.

NAW/Herro have had really good workouts with Boston and Herro seems to be impressing with every team he tries out for. Would not be the least surprised if both are gone at 16.

I am ok them being gone becouse there will be other players open. Too many players on the rise right now and so many of them are long. Langford, Williams, Bitadze, Fernando, Claxton, Johnson's
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#773 » by Patrick1978 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:49 pm

zaymon wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

I am ok them being gone becouse there will be other players open. Too many players on the rise right now and so many of them are long. Langford, Williams, Bitadze, Fernando, Claxton, Johnson's

Agreed.
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
Message Boar
Starter
And1: 1,598

Post#774 » by Message Boar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:09 pm

I'm warming up to Herro to some degree but I still don't expect WeHam to pick him at 16. The length thing is a bit of a meme but there's enough truth to it that I don't think they would value a negative wingspan guy as high as maybe some other GM's would. I could see him being off the board with the positive reviews of his workouts, even. I have had him at #23 on my Magic-specific big board for a while now but I might bump him up to around 18 or so.
PrimeThyme
RealGM

Post#775 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,940

Post#776 » by Ducklett » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:31 pm

If Rui is there at 16, I would look at picking up draft assets to move down some. There is a good chance that we could snag NAW at 18-19 if a team there wanted to make a deal. I think Herro could end up being another JJ, but I think NAW and Porter are just better talents both now and will be in the future.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#777 » by basketballRob » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:13 pm

I personally feel like Herro goes around 25 and Kevin Porter falls out of the first round.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Message Boar
Starter
And1: 1,598

Post#778 » by Message Boar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:27 pm

^I could see it, especially if concerns about Porter's character aren't alleviated during team interviews. And I definitely don't see us taking him. Kid has talent, though. I hope he has a good career.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#779 » by Skin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:18 pm

zaymon wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:

I am much more confident in Herro becoming similar to Booker than NAW.

I think people have to be careful about Herro. There's a reason why he shoots 80% in an empty gym and 35% in games from the college 3.

Having a short wingspan doesn't help him shoot over defenders. It definitely won't help him on defense. He's not all that athletic even though I do admire his handle.
But what kind of player are you getting out of him? I hear Devin Booker but no way do I make that comparison. I might start off with Kevin Hueter as a comparison before I start throwing out Booker's name.

I doubt WeHam would take anyone with a negative wingspan to height ratio anyways.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,071

Post#780 » by SOUL » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:19 am

I am honestly okay with whoever the front office chooses at 16. I'd prefer a guard, but if a high potential player of any position slips, I'm all for choosing them too. Whatever it is that we "need" (aka shooting/shot creation) isn't going to be fixed through this draft this year.

Return to Orlando Magic