Jalen Rose bout to get fired for telling the truth.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Re: Jalen Rose bout to get fired for telling the truth. 

Post#81 » by everdiso » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:51 am

TheDavinciCHODE wrote:I can't stand hyperbole.

Modern day gladiators. Get out of here. Gladiators? You mean slaves forced to fight each other, animals, and the elements to THE DEATH?

They're paid MILLIONS of dollars and live the lives of gods, man. Nobody forced KD out there. He's a grown man.

Sucks what happened and he should never have been playing in the series to begin with, but to say he was unfairly influenced is yet another way of try to blame others rather than the person responsible.

Sure, was there media buzz? Of course.

Did his teammates want him out there? Of course.

Did the Warriors want him out there? Of course.

It's his job. It's what he's under contract to do. It's what he's paid tens of millions to do.

He made the decision.

If it were some child who didn't know better or some college student unfairly influenced by agents, nike, his team, his coach, the media, etc, then I'd agree.

But this is a grown man. A super star. One of the best there ever has been or ever will be. This isn't Zion Williamson playing the NCAA tournament, this is Kevin F******* Durant playing the NBA finals.

He made this decision.

KD is not a doctor.

He can't make that decision.

Just like Klay wasn't allowed to play game 3.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Post#82 » by MAQ » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:54 am

svart wrote:Dude, that it may be negligence, i admit. That Bob was feeling guilty in hindsight for not taking another decision, i admit, too. But that man did not look insincere to me. And by following the dubs for a long time, i can tell you he has a history of getting along with the players beyond basketball activities, everybody spoke highly of him. That's all.

Yeah, I never understood the claims of insincerity either. I definitely think most of that emotion was guilt on display. But still seem sincere. I'm sure Myers understands the gravity of the situation more than anyone and he just couldn't find the words to put together in the moment. I suffer from it often.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
everdiso
General Manager

Post#83 » by everdiso » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:56 am

Middle Child wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:
Middle Child wrote:If he doesn’t get hurt again this isn’t a story.

The media in general is never concerned with the games, only the narratives.

That’s why the story over the playoffs has been about free agency and injuries rather than actually games.

KD did what most athletes would, he played but you honestly he loves the game and if they said he could go and he felt good so he went with it.

That's like saying 'if he tries to swim through a river of Crocs and comes out unscathed...'. Everyone and their mama knew it was a bad idea for him to play.

It’s nothing like that.

The story prior to the game was about what KD could offer. No one spoke about he reinjuring himself.

But once it happens now everyone is running to their soapbox saying he shouldn’t have played.

If KD felt good about playing then I’m sure he made the decision himself.

I can tell who was a hooper and who wasn’t. Every hooper is gonna be out there. But now everyone has social media platforms to express their opinions in this hindsight, hot take culture.

The people who didn't speak about him reinjuring himself were doing so specifically because they assumed that there was no way in he'll the team would clear him to play if there was a significant rest.

OF course, there were many who did speak of him reinjuring himself anyways.
everdiso
General Manager

Post#84 » by everdiso » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:57 am

The_Hater wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:
truly is..i just dont get why anyone would want him to play..he literally put his career on the line because people pressured him..its sad man..

Whoever was "unhappy with KD" in the Warriors org should be named. Expose who pressured him to play.

KD is a grown man, not a 5 year old child. He was ‘itching to play’ according to several reports and made a decision.

People need to stop looking to blame 3rd parties when people make poor decisions. It’s ridiculous.

Why wasn't Klay allowed to play in game 3?
everdiso
General Manager

Post#85 » by everdiso » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Sabas11 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
jazzfan1971 wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't feel a need to assign blame in this case?

Nah... I'm right there with you. The guy is a 30 year old adult. I'm tired of people treating him like a 12 year old without any free will and culpability for himself. The doctors can MRI you all they want, they can make 1000 recommendations, or guesses. But no one knows your body like you do. Durant was integral to the decision to play, and people just gloss over it. **** happens, if he didn't feel comfortable he shouldn't have gone out there.

I don't really have an opinion on the subject and I dislike Durant as much as the next guy but isn't this take a bit simplistic? Would you be able to tell the difference between a broken and a sprained limb in your own body, just going by sensation? Did you know there are professional athletes that get diagnosed with serious heart conditions during routine checks, and they're basically forced to retire without knowing what hit them? I'm sure you do.

Yeah, doctors know your body WAY better than you do. That's why we go to the doctor when something hurts. "Nobody knows your body like you do" is a classic stupid cliche.
mixerball
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#86 » by mixerball » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:05 pm

and on the other hand he injures player on purpose without conciense just to win a series

get off the high horse jalen
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,445

Post#87 » by mtcan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:36 pm

r0drig0lac wrote:

Modern day gladiators. Get out of here. Gladiators? You mean slaves forced to fight each other, animals, and the elements to THE DEATH?

They're paid MILLIONS of dollars and live the lives of gods, man. Nobody forced KD out there. He's a grown man.

Sucks what happened and he should never have been playing in the series to begin with, but to say he was unfairly influenced is yet another way of try to blame others rather than the person responsible.

It's his job. It's what he's under contract to do. It's what he's paid tens of millions to do.

He made the decision.

If it were some child who didn't know better or some college student unfairly influenced by agents, nike, his team, his coach, the media, etc, then I'd agree.

But this is a grown man. A super star. One of the best there ever has been or ever will be. This isn't Zion Williamson playing the NCAA tournament, this is Kevin F******* Durant playing the NBA finals.

He made this decision.

/thread
Kevin is solely responsible for the situation

You know how Kevin is. He listens to EVERYTHING. Everything the stupid talking heads on the sports channels say, everything on Twitter...he takes it all personally. You don't think he is upset when people on TV and Twitter saying that the Warriors are better without KD? You don't see what the Warriors organization is putting out there everyday with Kerr giving updates on KD's status...all the time "hoping" he comes back for the next game? Do you think that helps in the mind of a guy who takes everything personally? He isn't a Kawhi Leonard that doesn't look at social media and doesn't care what the haters say. He does his own thing, regardless.

YES he made the decision to play but it wasn't in a vacuum. All the external voices...the Warriors organization, the social media, the media, the fans...they all had a hand in stoking the fire and shaping his decision. KD is a sensitive dude yes...and he shouldn't care what everyone says...but knowing him...he felt the pressure and he gave in.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#88 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:45 pm

He made the decision.

He made this decision.

Not only did he make his decision, but he was a goddamn fool for doing so. He should sat his ass at home, let the Warriors take their well deserved L and prepare himself for the next phase of his career in free agency. Instead, he's about to be rehabbing a ruptured Achilles for the next year while the people who gassed him up will be just fine.

I guess the consolation prize is that some team is still going to be stupid enough to pay him 38 million dollars a year to rehab.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Loaded_Hollows
Starter
And1: 3,425

Post#89 » by Loaded_Hollows » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:Sounds like an idiot. As usual. :lol:

He played because they were down 3-1 and he wanted them to win the championship. There’s nothing more to discuss. Any alternate theories or reasoning are the delusions of a fool.

He’s not saying any different than you just did, he’s adding the context of why it matters. So either you didn’t listen to it, or you did and can’t understand what he’s saying...at which point I would say it’s not because Jalen’s the idiot.

Wrong wrong wrong. How ironic that the person calling someone out for not paying attention didn't pay attention himself. What Jalen said had nothing to do with what I said. Try again and we can continue this conversation. :lol:
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#90 » by The Duke » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:05 pm

No one getting fired for that.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#91 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:06 pm

It’s crazy to see how so many fans that were supporting the narrative that KD was such a cupcake and didn’t deserve any of his rings now come down on the Warriors as being solely to blame for allowing him to play and tear his achilles. Not only does this allow them to maintain their previous view of KD but it now allows them to paint the Warriors organization as evil and willing to sacrifice the health of their best player.

But this can’t be the complete story because it deprives KD of all agency in this narrative. KD can’t be just a cupcake because you saw him play during the past 2 finals and he was clearly the best player on the team while the team he left has proven to be a poor fit for other superstar players and the Warriors will likely lose in 6 without him. The Warriors also can’t be solely responsible because it has come out that KD’s camp expected him to return by game 5 or 6 and there were reports that he was dying to get back on the floor, pacing up and down the corridors because he was itching to play.

The fans that want to hate will always find a reason. They will hate on KD and on the Warriors no matter how much cognitive dissonance is required to support their narrative. The truth is more complicated than that and is probably somewhere in the middle.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#92 » by Da ThRONe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:07 pm

Middle Child wrote:If he doesn’t get hurt again this isn’t a story.

The media in general is never concerned with the games, only the narratives.

That’s why the story over the playoffs has been about free agency and injuries rather than actually games.

KD did what most athletes would, he played but you honestly he loves the game and if they said he could go and he felt good so he went with it.

How much of going out a less then healthy contributed to him getting hurt? Sure if he doesn't get hurt there's nothing to say, but Jalen went on record saying he wasn't close to being ready then he plays anyways then gets hurt fairly early in the game. That to me says he shouldn't have been playing.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#93 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:07 pm

I blame warriors organization and medical staff and whoever gave them the go ahead. He didn't look right from the get go, he was literally just shooting 3s without much movement and once he started that's when he got hurt. How the f did they test him out to go ahead in a nba finals?
Read
Baz
Rookie
And1: 1,574

Post#94 » by Baz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Loaded_Hollows wrote:Sounds like an idiot. As usual. :lol:

He played because they were down 3-1 and he wanted them to win the championship. There’s nothing more to discuss. Any alternate theories or reasoning are the delusions of a fool.

That goes without saying.
If he wasn't 100%, it's down to the medical staff to tell him no.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#95 » by Da ThRONe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:10 pm

everdiso wrote:
Sabas11 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
Nah... I'm right there with you. The guy is a 30 year old adult. I'm tired of people treating him like a 12 year old without any free will and culpability for himself. The doctors can MRI you all they want, they can make 1000 recommendations, or guesses. But no one knows your body like you do. Durant was integral to the decision to play, and people just gloss over it. **** happens, if he didn't feel comfortable he shouldn't have gone out there.

I don't really have an opinion on the subject and I dislike Durant as much as the next guy but isn't this take a bit simplistic? Would you be able to tell the difference between a broken and a sprained limb in your own body, just going by sensation? Did you know there are professional athletes that get diagnosed with serious heart conditions during routine checks, and they're basically forced to retire without knowing what hit them? I'm sure you do.

Yeah, doctors know your body WAY better than you do. That's why we go to the doctor when something hurts. "Nobody knows your body like you do" is a classic stupid cliche.

Not necessarily. A Dr. can only see what their instruments allow them to see. There may be pain that doesn't register on any test. So in some cases people do know their bodies better than doctors.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#96 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Jaylen Knows things.

He really is the best NBA truther out there.
His view has more credibility than SAS and those other talking heads that didn't play in the NBA.

I still think the guy who should get fired and blamed most is his agent.
That's the guy KD pays to give him career advice.

'nah, don't worry about it, go out and play and if you blow out your achillies, NBD brah. You'll still get a max deal and a whole year to rest. you can hang out on twitter all day!'
lamscott
Analyst
And1: 3,036

Post#97 » by lamscott » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Conspiracy theory: Kinda convenient for the Sam Amick article to come out and then that nudges KD to playing even though he never passed his physical.
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#98 » by SecondTake » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Black Jack wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:
Black Jack wrote:He explained it well.

It's sickening, the whole thing. Really a turnoff on sports to see this in action honestly.

truly is..i just dont get why anyone would want him to play..he literally put his career on the line because people pressured him..its sad man..

Whoever was "unhappy with KD" in the Warriors org should be named. Expose who pressured him to play.

Not their fault that KD is weak enough to be pressured in to playing when he's not feeling 100% right.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#99 » by Roy The Natural » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:54 pm

everdiso wrote:
Sabas11 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:

No they really don't. They can diagnose your body way better than you can. But many times you need to point them in the right direction.

I guess you guys are right though, the older I get the more I realize the world is full of morons. I've broken multiple bones and sprained multiple muscles, its incredibly easy to tell the difference. The idea that you wouldnt be able to seems ludicrous to me... But again people have become so legitimately stupid these days, that maybe they can't.
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#100 » by PizzaSteve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:56 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:It’s crazy to see how so many fans that were supporting the narrative that KD was such a cupcake and didn’t deserve any of his rings now come down on the Warriors as being solely to blame for allowing him to play and tear his achilles. Not only does this allow them to maintain their previous view of KD but it now allows them to paint the Warriors organization as evil and willing to sacrifice the health of their best player.

But this can’t be the complete story because it deprives KD of all agency in this narrative. KD can’t be just a cupcake because you saw him play during the past 2 finals and he was clearly the best player on the team while the team he left has proven to be a poor fit for other superstar players and the Warriors will likely lose in 6 without him. The Warriors also can’t be solely responsible because it has come out that KD’s camp expected him to return by game 5 or 6 and there were reports that he was dying to get back on the floor, pacing up and down the corridors because he was itching to play.

The fans that want to hate will always find a reason. They will hate on KD and on the Warriors no matter how much cognitive dissonance is required to support their narrative. The truth is more complicated than that and is probably somewhere in the middle.

This. And it is a waste of energy to argue with haters. They will spin any situation to paint it in the negative light their brain is pre-wired to reenforce.

It is very unhealthy, BTW, to get stuck in these hate cycles over sports because it impacts behavior in other areas. It can impact work performance, relationships, etc.

Return to The General Board