ImageImageImage

2019 NBA Draft Betsuni Rui Janaindakarane Baka!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Who do you want with 13th pick?

Rui Hachimura (Heat type player)
14%
Romeo Langford
18%
Bol Bol
15%
Nassir Little
13%
Kevin Porter Jr.
10%
PJ Washington
9%
Brandon Clarke
5%
Bruno Fernando
8%
Other
7%

Total votes: 99

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,746

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Betsuni Rui Janaindakarane Baka! 

Post#1521 » by Wiltside » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:16 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:I feel like the trade for us to make is going to be with the Hawks. If Nassir Little falls to us at 13 that is who the target for the Hawks to move up might be. Swap with us the 17th pick and give us two second round picks 35 and 41.

Man, why you wanna do DoM like that :lol:

This is our moar picks scenario. We have not worked out Little yet so no indication he's on our board. This is our way of getting those two early seconds to scoop up Ponds or Edwards and Talen Horton Tucker with 35 and 41.

As much as we all want the moar picks scenario, I just don't see it as a priority for the guys making the decisions. Riley is on record as saying he likes only having a few prospects to work with, and I think they see that as mainly Winslow, JRich, DJJ and Bam - with #13, Yante, Nunn and Duncan the others at this point.

I just don't see us adding another name or two to that mix. I do understand that our commitments to Yante, Nunn and DRob are minimal though...so we'll see...

I think it's more likely we try trade up than trade back for additional picks. We just don't value them enough.

More likely, we stay pat and take our guy...likely Washington...
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,738

Post#1522 » by greg4012 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:54 am

On Sunday night, we got the opinion of somebody who’s the exact opposite, somebody who should know Langford better than most people—his teammate Juwan Morgan. The forward took a break from his NBA Draft preparations to do a hit on Indianapolis-area TV. Eventually he was asked about Langford and his response left little doubt about what he thought about the potential lottery pick.

“He was definitely the best teammate I’ve ever been with,” Morgan said. “All the guys will attest to that, Romeo was not a bad teammate at all. If you were there in the locker room and during practice, you would see the pain he’s going through with his hand. He was in treatment more than anyone else I’ve ever been around, and I’ve been around a lot of injured guys.”

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2019/6/10/18660243/let-the-romeo-langford-negativity-end-here
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,600

Post#1523 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:03 pm

I like too many prospects.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1524 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:36 pm

greg4012 wrote:
On Sunday night, we got the opinion of somebody who’s the exact opposite, somebody who should know Langford better than most people—his teammate Juwan Morgan. The forward took a break from his NBA Draft preparations to do a hit on Indianapolis-area TV. Eventually he was asked about Langford and his response left little doubt about what he thought about the potential lottery pick.

“He was definitely the best teammate I’ve ever been with,” Morgan said. “All the guys will attest to that, Romeo was not a bad teammate at all. If you were there in the locker room and during practice, you would see the pain he’s going through with his hand. He was in treatment more than anyone else I’ve ever been around, and I’ve been around a lot of injured guys.”

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2019/6/10/18660243/let-the-romeo-langford-negativity-end-here

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F3LFS6qh.jpg&hash=c90a86acb0b0b292e7484e9d1f4d051c

Would love to know Morgan reaction to this story. I know It’s not a credible source however I’ve confirmed most of it true through my Indiana sauces

Great teammates sleep with teammates girlfriends and then get clocked by the team center resulting in the center being suspended and an 8 game losing streak ensuing. Yup. Bring that guy around
Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,118

Post#1525 » by twix2500 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:40 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F3LFS6qh.jpg&hash=c90a86acb0b0b292e7484e9d1f4d051c

Would love to know Morgan reaction to this story. I know It’s not a credible source however I’ve confirmed most of it true through my Indiana sauces

Great teammates sleep with teammates girlfriends and then get clocked by the team center resulting in the center being suspended and an 8 game losing streak ensuing. Yup. Bring that guy around
Are we really gonna be concern over some dudes fighting over a chick.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#1526 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:42 pm

twix2500 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

You really don’t see a problem with a man sleeping with another teammates girl?? That’s just a line you don’t cross. That’s pure immaturity.

It’s not just dudes fighting over a girl. Romeo is a scumbag to watch out for. We don’t need a DLo situation on our hand

Read on Twitter
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,473

Post#1527 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:43 pm

Read on Twitter

No KPJ
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1528 » by greg4012 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:49 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

That's already been mentioned on here. Honestly don't care that much about the great teammate part of it. I care about the injured hand affecting his performance (especially his 3-point shooting). In the NBA, rook is gonna have to be more worried about his teammates stealing his girl.

Langford worked hard and played ball and played through injury when he didn't have to. He slept with some scrub's girl. Not something I would do, but not gonna get me in my feelings about it either.

I want a guy who can create offense for this team. If Langford doesn't play injured, he would have been looked at as Darius Garland level (a guy he was actually regarded ahead of coming into the season) with a 6-game stat line of 18.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.3 apg on 52% shooting, and he's drafted top 8 no question.

Bol and Langford are our chances for a steal in this draft IMO. I hope we don't screw it up

Edit: I see now that you are the guy who mentioned the girl drama with Langford on here before and have been trying to talk down about him at every turn lol. Sorry your friend tried to wife up a jersey chaser.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,118

Post#1529 » by twix2500 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:05 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

You really don’t see a problem with a man sleeping with another teammates girl?? That’s just a line you don’t cross. That’s pure immaturity.

It’s not just dudes fighting over a girl. Romeo is a scumbag to watch out for. We don’t need a DLo situation on our hand
Immaturity? That happen consistently throughout age. I guarantee that happens consistently in the locker room of all sports.

HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#1530 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:15 pm

greg4012 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

That's already been mentioned on here. Honestly don't care that much about the great teammate part of it. I care about the injured hand affecting his performance (especially his 3-point shooting). In the NBA, rook is gonna have to be more worried about his teammates stealing his girl.

Langford worked hard and played ball and played through injury when he didn't have to. He slept with some scrub's girl. Not something I would do, but not gonna get me in my feelings about it either.

I want a guy who can create offense for this team. If Langford doesn't play injured, he would have been looked at as Darius Garland level (a guy he was actually regarded ahead of coming into the season) with a 6-game stat line of 18.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.3 apg on 52% shooting, and he's drafted top 8 no question.

Bol and Langford are our chances for a steal in this draft IMO. I hope we don't screw it up

Edit: I see now that you are the guy who mentioned the girl drama with Langford on here before and have been trying to talk down about him at every turn lol. Sorry your friend tried to wife up a jersey chaser.

So people are allowed to talk about things multiple times every couple pages but it’s a problem when I bring this back around?

Do you know how many girls there are at IU? If you’re the “leader” of the team, that’s something you don’t know. And that “scrub” was the teams starting point guard for a while by the way - Romeos backcourt mate.

I want calculated guys on my team. The risk reward for sleeping with your teammates girl is so low when you can have whatever you want.

I’m not as much worried as the actual act, but the stupidity in the decision behind the act.

Also for the “friend” comment. If you read through the posts about the hand, you’ll know I said that I have Family at the school and connections with the actual team. Nothing on that low of a level, my friends are no longer in college lol a little too old for that jazz

Read on Twitter
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#1531 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:17 pm

twix2500 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Are we really gonna be concern over some dudes fighting over a chick.

Immaturity? That happen consistently throughout age. I guarantee that happens consistently in the locker room of all sports.

Immaturity has nothing to do with age. Immaturity is in your actions.

You’re condoning sleeping with a teammates girl because “it happens”? Wow

Read on Twitter
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#1532 » by Hallstar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:18 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

How many rings Fisher and Tony Parker got? Least of my concerns. D Lo would be a lovely problem for us to have
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#1533 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Hallstar wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Are we really gonna be concern over some dudes fighting over a chick.

How many rings Fisher and Tony Parker got? Least of my concerns. D Lo would be a lovely problem for us to have

Lakers DLo doing what he did to Nick Young (it was Young, right?) is definitely not what we need in this locker room.

Nets dLo? Hell yea. But even he’ll tell you he’s matured as a teammate (I specify as a teammate because the weed situation shows he is still dumb as rocks - who puts weed in an Arizona can that you also can’t bring on a plane)

Read on Twitter
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1534 » by greg4012 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:25 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

So people are allowed to talk about things multiple times every couple pages but it’s a problem when I bring this back around?

Do you know how many girls there are at IU? If you’re the “leader” of the team, that’s something you don’t know. And that “scrub” was the teams starting point guard for a while by the way - Romeos backcourt mate.

I want calculated guys on my team. The risk reward for sleeping with your teammates girl is so low when you can have whatever you want.

I’m not as much worried as the actual act, but the stupidity in the decision behind the act.

Also for the “friend” comment. If you read through the posts about the hand, you’ll know I said that I have Family at the school and connections with the actual team. Nothing on that low of a level, my friends are no longer in college lol a little too old for that jazz

You're allowed to do whatever you want, pops. And I'm allowed to disagree and judge you for it
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,746

Post#1535 » by Wiltside » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:26 pm

Herro got a green room invite? Don’t do this to me Pat. Don’t do it.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#1536 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:27 pm

greg4012 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

You're allowed to do whatever you want, pops. And I'm allowed to disagree and judge you for it

Ahhh I’ll take that post as you waving the white flag, brochacho.

I look forward to us having this same conversation 5 days and 27 pages from now :)

Read on Twitter
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#1537 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:28 pm

Wiltside wrote:Herro got a green room invite? Don’t do this to me Pat. Don’t do it.

Is he Devin Booker or is he Nik Stauskas?

Read on Twitter
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1538 » by greg4012 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:29 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:

I look forward to us having this same conversation 5 days and 27 pages from now :)

embarrassing
HeatIn5
General Manager

Post#1539 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:31 pm

greg4012 wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

embarrassing

Good lord, take a joke man. Someone hasn’t had their cafe bustelo yet

Read on Twitter
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,402

Post#1540 » by RexBoyWonder » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:34 pm

DayofMourning wrote:I like too many prospects.

Sekou Doumbouya
Goga Bitadze
Romeo Langford Or Kevin Porter Jr.
Carsen Edwards

If we can keep Bam, I might be willing to :

Trade Winslow for Sekou (#10)
Rich for Goga (# 14)
Kelly + DJJ for KPJ (#18)
Buy a second for Edwards (3 Mil$)

Carsen Edwards
KPJ
Sekou Doumbouya
Bam
Goga

We add a top 3 pick next year, and contend in 3 years.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs

Return to Miami Heat