Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" - keep all discussion here

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

WebEmbiid
Ballboy
And1: 5

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" Threads on this topic will be merged into this thread, no exceptions -Dom 

Post#801 » by WebEmbiid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:40 pm

SF_Warriors wrote:
WebEmbiid wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
At the end of the day, freedom and lives are not at stake in sports. I understand the importance though but it doesn't make it right to be disgusting human beings even in instances of actual war. Is rape, torture, killing innocent civilians etc. right in war as well?

I understand you're upset, you have a right to be.

But the Toronto crowd redeemed themselves after the initial reaction, everything was in the heat of the moment.

Where do you think arena based entertainment originated from?

Heat of the moment, I understand. Fans waving goodbye to a man laying on the ground who suffered a severe injury is not in the heat of the moment and not understandable. Fans chanting in excitement f**** KD when it is clear the man was injured is not okay. That fan who wrote that disgusting snapchat caption is a scumbag.

The classy fans I respect. Like I said in previous posts, I do not like to generalize. There were disgusting actions from people that day, and respectful actions as well from the same fanbase.

Imagine your son or daughter breaking their leg in a sports game and having opposing parents cheering and laughing at your child.

I don't care that sports evolved from arena based entertainment..Why do you think we dont fight to the death anymore for people's enjoyment?

:D
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Re: HORRIBLE RAPTOR FANS - photo evidence!! 

Post#802 » by everdiso » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:40 pm

levon wrote:
everdiso wrote:Image

arent these t-rexes?

"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Re: Dumpster Thread for "Raptor Fans Cheering" Threads on this topic will be merged into this thread, no exceptions -Dom 

Post#803 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm

WebEmbiid wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
WebEmbiid wrote:
I understand you're upset, you have a right to be.

But the Toronto crowd redeemed themselves after the initial reaction, everything was in the heat of the moment.

Where do you think arena based entertainment originated from?

Heat of the moment, I understand. Fans waving goodbye to a man laying on the ground who suffered a severe injury is not in the heat of the moment and not understandable. Fans chanting in excitement f**** KD when it is clear the man was injured is not okay. That fan who wrote that disgusting snapchat caption is a scumbag.

The classy fans I respect. Like I said in previous posts, I do not like to generalize. There were disgusting actions from people that day, and respectful actions as well from the same fanbase.

Imagine your son or daughter breaking their leg in a sports game and having opposing parents cheering and laughing at your child.

I don't care that sports evolved from arena based entertainment..Why do you think we dont fight to the death anymore for people's enjoyment?

:D

Arena based fighting was an atrocity but it wasn't war either...and since it is outdated I am sure celebrating and mocking an injured opponent is as well..
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 26,895

Post#804 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:53 pm

It’s kinda impressive through all of these crowds probably pushing into the hundreds of thousands there’s only been 1 major incident with the guy sucker punching that warriors fan.

I was at the Regina party and it was an awesome time. Outside of the fact they planned for 5000 and 14000 showed up and you could tell. They didn’t have nearly enough vendors open and not enough of the stadium was accessible. Still an awesome time
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
tradejosehesux
Starter
And1: 3,858

Post#805 » by tradejosehesux » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:55 pm

#WETHESCUMBAGS
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#806 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:59 pm

is this just a weird attempt to flex how many crowds of people u have?
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#807 » by SFour » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:01 pm

but that one Warriors fan got sucker punched, therefore all Canadians are trash
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#808 » by everdiso » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:02 pm

clyde21 wrote:is this just a weird attempt to flex how many crowds of people u have?

"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
An Unbiased Fan
RealGM
And1: 5,510

Post#809 » by An Unbiased Fan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:04 pm

7-time RealGM MVPoster 2009-2016
Inducted into RealGM HOF 1st ballot in 2017
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#810 » by Cobra Kawhi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:04 pm

clyde21 wrote:is this just a weird attempt to flex how many crowds of people u have?

Don't think so, nor do I think the OP knows what he's trying to convey.

That doesn't represent the level of class of our fans, but it's still an impressive spectacle.
Prince187
Sixth Man
And1: 1,771

Post#811 » by Prince187 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:07 pm

And I bet you all of them were cheering when Durant got injured
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#812 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Honestly I really have no clue what this thread is about. Does many fans mean they don't have horrible fans? Im actually really confused by what is trying to be conveyed with this thread. I would get it if people were trying to say Toronto had a small fan base, then this would make more sense, but I don't think anyone is saying that.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,881

Post#813 » by Effigy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Courtside wrote:

HALIFAX:

Was this one taken right after the KD injury?
OfficialRef
Sixth Man
And1: 2,387

Post#814 » by OfficialRef » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 pm

whats the point of this thread?
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,182

Post#815 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Honestly I really have no clue what this thread is about. Does many fans mean they don't have horrible fans? Im actually really confused by what is trying to be conveyed with this thread. I would get it if people were trying to say Toronto had a small fan base, then this would make more sense, but I don't think anyone is saying that.

weird flex by OP to get back at all the people who were criticizing Rap fans for their game 5 shenanigans (cheering KD injury, shouting insults at Stephs mom, ect)

i guess he's trying to prove how good of a fanbase they have despite the negative publicity the last couple days?
udfa
Starter
And1: 2,821

Post#816 » by udfa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:18 pm

I wish we could get a clip of the reaction to the KD injury from each of the locations photographed in OP. No doubt 100% of the photos would show ecstatic celebration by a substantial portion of the crowd.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,206

Post#817 » by dhsilv2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:20 pm

They say a sucker is born everyday, and whoever is selling their merch found some suckers :) That's all I got out of this.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#818 » by Courtside » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Cobra Kawhi wrote:

Don't think so, nor do I think the OP knows what he's trying to convey.

That doesn't represent the level of class of our fans, but it's still an impressive spectacle.

It's multiple things, though I concede the thread title is slightly clickbaity. The General Board crowd warrants it, IMO.

1) Look how many fans in so many different cities are watching - this is a new phenomenon and deserves attention on its own.

2) With all the bad vibes about Toronto fans, based on two small events, I offer this as a counter to generate good vibes.

This shouldn't get merged to the "Raptor fans cheering" thread because it has nothing to do with the Durant injury. I wanted to show that Raptor fans are mobilizing across the country to show support to the team, and to counter those who say "trash fans don't deserve to win" - which has been said plenty here. Look at all those fans across all those venues and cities and tell me they aren't putting on a great show of support, worthy of being rewarded with the team's first Championship?
Jazz9
Analyst
And1: 6,482

Post#819 » by Jazz9 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:22 pm

...ok?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#820 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:23 pm

The Regime wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Honestly I really have no clue what this thread is about. Does many fans mean they don't have horrible fans? Im actually really confused by what is trying to be conveyed with this thread. I would get it if people were trying to say Toronto had a small fan base, then this would make more sense, but I don't think anyone is saying that.

weird flex by OP to get back at all the people who were criticizing Rap fans for their game 5 shenanigans (cheering KD injury, shouting insults at Stephs mom, ect)

i guess he's trying to prove how good of a fanbase they have?

I get that, but what does fanbase size have to do with the negative actions? Again the pictures seem like they would be great rebuttals if people were questioning fanbase size or dedication. You would think to rebuttal the negative actions from the other night, they would post pictures of people in TOR jerseys doing kind gestures or something.

Ill repeat what I said the other night, I think its dumb to generalize an entire fanbase over some dumb individuals actions. Criticize the individuals, don't try and paint a broad image. Because every fanbase has idiots and every fanbase can be criticized.

Return to The General Board