Jalen Rose bout to get fired for telling the truth.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Loaded_Hollows
Starter
And1: 3,343

Re: Jalen Rose bout to get fired for telling the truth. 

Post#121 » by Loaded_Hollows » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:11 pm

Ctownbulls wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:
That is exactly what he said :roll:

Wrong. Watch the vid again and pay attention this time.

Maybe you should. He literally says exactly that he wouldn't have played if they were up 3-1 and played because they were down 3-1.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I guess I'll spell it out for you. He went into depth about pressure this and pressure that and the media and the public influenced his decision because they all called him weak and blah blah blah blah :lol: (not sure how you were unaware of that if you watched the vid....how does what he said sound like what I said? :noway: )

The only thing that that caused him to walk onto the court was his desire to win. Jalen is attempting to build a narrative and make headlines with lame conjecture like Barkley and other talking heads.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#122 » by Roy The Natural » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:15 pm

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Seems like a lot of convenient reactionary angst...

Chances are that Durant shouldn't have come back. It's easy to say that now. But he made the call. And it's a call hundreds, or even thousands, of other athletes have made before him. It's not an easy decision. It's one that is made even more difficult when you consider that the player may feel obligated to earn those millions and millions of dollars and worldwide acclaim.

Tough call all the way around.

For the people super duper upset about him being out there... I'd give you more credence if you voiced your take BEFORE he was re-injured.

Or when every other injured athlete steps on the floor. Where was this outrage when Kanter was playing earlier in the playoffs with a myriad of injuries?
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,644

Post#123 » by VanWest82 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:19 pm

I agree with Jalen. I think the whole thing should be investigated by the league, and not just to find someone to blame. The goal coming out of this should be for it to never happen again. This was like the decision making process leading up to Chernobyl or the Challenger explosion. Everyone ignored the signs right up until the end because they were too focused on completing the goal, and it ended in disaster for everyone.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,025

Post#124 » by Laimbeer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Loaded_Hollows wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:Sounds like an idiot. As usual. :lol:

He played because they were down 3-1 and he wanted them to win the championship. There’s nothing more to discuss. Any alternate theories or reasoning are the delusions of a fool.

The Warriors medical staff should not have cleared him. Period. Everything else is noise.

That's not a fact. That's your opinion (which means nothing).

So..they were correct to clear him and the injury was a remarkable coincidence?
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#125 » by zhenyasj » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:25 pm

VanWest82 wrote:I agree with Jalen. I think the whole thing should be investigated by the league, and not just to find someone to blame. The goal coming out of this should be for it to never happen again. This was like the decision making process leading up to Chernobyl or the Challenger explosion. Everyone ignored the signs right up until the end because they were too focused on completing the goal, and it ended in disaster for everyone.

Disaster for everyone? Chernobyl? Bro, you need to ease up on a hyperbole. KD is guaranteed $31 mil next year. KD will get multiple max offers. He will still be able to play. Yes, injuries suck, yes he needs to go through the rehab, but spare me the disaster talk.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,668

Post#126 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:30 pm

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:Why are we abbreviating ‘about’ to ‘bout’?

It's bout saving time and effort.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,644

Post#127 » by VanWest82 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:38 pm

zhenyasj wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:I agree with Jalen. I think the whole thing should be investigated by the league, and not just to find someone to blame. The goal coming out of this should be for it to never happen again. This was like the decision making process leading up to Chernobyl or the Challenger explosion. Everyone ignored the signs right up until the end because they were too focused on completing the goal, and it ended in disaster for everyone.

Disaster for everyone? Chernobyl? Bro, you need to ease up on a hyperbole. KD is guaranteed $31 mil next year. KD will get multiple max offers. He will still be able to play. Yes, injuries suck, yes he needs to go through the rehab, but spare me the disaster talk.

Perhaps those were bad examples because of the difference in severity of the consequences but my point still stands. They knew there was a problem. They knew if they went ahead there would be risk of a much bigger problem, and they went ahead anyway.

Also, it's not just about KD getting his money. The NBA just lost one of its most marketable assets, and arguably the best player in the league. Everyone loses. Free agency will no longer be as fun which means less eye balls. The Warriors will have a disaster cap sheet once KD opts in and might have to make hard decisions with their team because of it. KD will never be the same player again. Tension between the players and owners over medical care just got worse. The consequences from this event will be wide ranging, and it didn't need to happen.
Loaded_Hollows
Starter
And1: 3,343

Post#128 » by Loaded_Hollows » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:51 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
The Warriors medical staff should not have cleared him. Period. Everything else is noise.

It’s not “If he doesn’t get hurt, they were right to clear him, if he does get hurt they were wrong to clear him”. That’s not how it works :lol: Don’t be a lazy thinker.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,613

Post#129 » by Billy Goat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:54 pm

It's incredible how privileged we've become when people are actually pushing for a JFK like investigation into a basketball player deciding to play basketball. Jeeze louise get a grip people.
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#130 » by zhenyasj » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 pm

VanWest82 wrote:
zhenyasj wrote:

Perhaps those were bad examples because of the difference in severity of the consequences but my point still stands. They knew there was a problem. They knew if they went ahead there would be risk of a much bigger problem, and they went ahead anyway.

Also, it's not just about KD getting his money. The NBA just lost one of its most marketable assets, and arguably the best player in the league. Everyone loses. Free agency will no longer be as fun which means less eye balls. The Warriors will have a disaster cap sheet once KD opts in and might have to make hard decisions with their team because of it. KD will never be the same player again. Tension between the players and owners over medical care just got worse. The consequences from this event will be wide ranging, and it didn't need to happen.

It all comes down to who has a say in this situation. Warriors don't and NBA doesn't. Player always has the last word, especially superstar players that run the league. We can't reverse engineer every single outcome.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,025

Post#131 » by Laimbeer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Loaded_Hollows wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:That's not a fact. That's your opinion (which means nothing).

It’s not “If he doesn’t get hurt, they were right to clear him, if he does get hurt they were wrong to clear him”. That’s not how it works :lol: Don’t be a lazy thinker.

If they clear him and he gets hurt, what should we think?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,960

Post#132 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:58 pm

he was going to blow that achilles the next time he played whether it was that game, this summer, or preseason next year. you don't compromise the achilles and then 8 weeks later its still effed and have nonsurgical rest type options to fix it. he was going to have to surgically repair that thing regardless. its like partial tears to acls…. if 2 months later its still effed then a full reconstruction is whats happening if youre a pro athlete. try playing on it and no matter how much rest you got then that thing is eventually going to go if you never had surgery.

its good he played and the rehab process starts this summer. my guess is this thing would have lingered and lingered and lingered and the first time he went on it then boom then
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,314

Post#133 » by dhsilv2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:25 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
Loaded_Hollows wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:

Clearing someone doesn't mean they can't get reinjured. It never has, it never will.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#134 » by dhsilv2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:he was going to blow that achilles the next time he played whether it was that game, this summer, or preseason next year. you don't compromise the achilles and then 8 weeks later its still effed and have nonsurgical rest type options to fix it. he was going to have to surgically repair that thing regardless. its like partial tears to acls…. if 2 months later its still effed then a full reconstruction is whats happening if youre a pro athlete. try playing on it and no matter how much rest you got then that thing is eventually going to go if you never had surgery.

its good he played and the rehab process starts this summer. my guess is this thing would have lingered and lingered and lingered and the first time he went on it then boom then

To the best of anyone's knowledge the injury was to his calf. There is no reason at this time to question experts in their field on what was injured.
Blacksheep25
Rookie
And1: 1,301

Post#135 » by Blacksheep25 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:37 pm

He obviously loves that song because I’ve heard him use that line with Simmons discussing things, recall him use those same lyrics in talking about the Fab 5 reunion. He should probably get royalties at this point. It’s a good line ftr
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,960

Post#136 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:37 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:he was going to blow that achilles the next time he played whether it was that game, this summer, or preseason next year. you don't compromise the achilles and then 8 weeks later its still effed and have nonsurgical rest type options to fix it. he was going to have to surgically repair that thing regardless. its like partial tears to acls…. if 2 months later its still effed then a full reconstruction is whats happening if youre a pro athlete. try playing on it and no matter how much rest you got then that thing is eventually going to go if you never had surgery.

To the best of anyone's knowledge the injury was to his calf. There is no reason at this time to question experts in their field on what was injured.

theres all sorts of reasons to question it. these are the same experts that cleared him to go play. stuff like this happens all the time. its called misdiagonis either to the severity or even the nature of injury or disease.

im sure his drs are looking back at his mris and asking themselves what they missed. im also sure their thinking of clues they had that they didn't consider clues considering what they know now. hindsight is a bitch...… and medicine is not exact science
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,399

Post#137 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Hyperbole aside, there is no evidence of the bold at all. Until a story breaks that the GS medical staff intentionally gave KD bad information or withheld information from him, this is just a made up narrative.

Here is what most likely happened. GS medical staff cleared him to play, but lets remember clearing someone to play doesn't mean no further risk of injury. All that means is the player is medically capable to play. Chances are they cleared him, told him that he was at a higher risk of injuring himself more serious. He had his own individual doctor look at it, he most likely said the same thing. Kerr and Bob Myers probably then told KD the final decision is up to you. KD then took in all the information, weighed the potential risks vs the potential rewards and he decided on playing.

Again if we find out there were any shortcomings by the medical staff to try and get him ready, or any mischievous actions to trick KD into thinking he was in better shape than he actually was, then ya we have something to talk about. But again most likely, all the information was laid out and KD decided on taking the chance, even with knowing about all the risks. There is nothing more to it.
contestedlayups
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#138 » by contestedlayups » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 pm

What Jalen Rose was inferring was that the culture of sports is a big part to blame for this injury, but at the same time, that exact culture blessed KD to live the life that he has been fortunate enough to live.

Like several posters on here have said, Durant made the decision by himself to play. It was no one but his own. Bob Myers didn't hold a gun to his head and say "YOU'RE PLAYING, KEVIN!" The pressure that he felt from his team was probably overblown by the media, looking for storylines and ratings. He felt that he was ok to play, and yes, the series being 1-3 for his team played a big part in his decision, but as a competitor, one can't fault Durant for playing. No one failed Durant in this situation, and what happened was unfortunate but it's what happened.
Subscribe to Contested Layups on iTunes or Google Play!

Itunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/contested-layups/id1331840924
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#139 » by dhsilv2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

theres all sorts of reasons to question it. these are the same experts that cleared him to go play. stuff like this happens all the time. its called misdiagonis either to the severity or even the nature of injury or disease.

im sure his drs are looking back at his mris and asking themselves what they missed. im also sure their thinking of clues they had that they didn't consider clues considering what they know now. hindsight is a bitch...… and medicine is not exact science

There's reason perhaps if you have medical expertise. I'm guessing you don't. Speculation like this is terrible!

And as with anything, being medically cleared and not being at risk of an injury is impossible. Nobody knows when someone is completely ready to go back and that isn't what being cleared even means.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,399

Post#140 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:03 pm

contestedlayups wrote:What Jalen Rose was inferring was that the culture of sports is a big part to blame for this injury, but at the same time, that exact culture blessed KD to live the life that he has been fortunate enough to live.

Like several posters on here have said, Durant made the decision by himself to play. It was no one but his own. Bob Myers didn't hold a gun to his head and say "YOU'RE PLAYING, KEVIN!" The pressure that he felt from his team was probably overblown by the media, looking for storylines and ratings. He felt that he was ok to play, and yes, the series being 1-3 for his team played a big part in his decision, but as a competitor, one can't fault Durant for playing. No one failed Durant in this situation, and what happened was unfortunate but it's what happened.

Exactly. Was he feeling a ton of pressure to go out there and play and try and help save GS season? 100%, Im sure he was feeling an obscene amount of pressure from fans, media and probably teammates. But that's the thing, he plays for an extremely popular sport and he is one of the most well known players in that sport. That sport has provided him countless opportunities while also making him an unbelievably wealthy individual. But ya its not all positive, all that does come with a cost and feeling crazy amount of pressure in a situation like this one, is one of those things.

Return to The General Board