NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who's raising a banner?

Dubs in 7
34%
Raps in 6
56%
Raps in 7
10%

Total votes: 241

WestbrookGOATed
Veteran
And1: 2,387

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#241 » by WestbrookGOATed » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:51 pm

I only got to catch the 4th quarter I had no idea Durant played. The Warriors are **** stupid. I cant believe they even let him practice.
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: NBA Finals Thread #8: Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors | TOR LEADS 3-2 

Post#242 » by Matty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Best2EverDoIt wrote:I only got to catch the 4th quarter I had no idea Durant played. The Warriors are **** stupid. I cant believe they even let him practice.

that's the thing, he never practiced with the team.

GS organization's reputation went down the drain with that move. Raptors have to finish them off.
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#243 » by Cobra Kawhi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:15 pm

Raptors have dominated a KD-less Warriors team over these 5 games. The only reason this series is still going is because of a 3rd Q stretch in game 2 where the raptors couldn't hit a shot to start the 3rd and KD's contribution in game 5. Otherwise the raptors have dominated both sides of the ball. The Warriors with Durant's 1 Q dominance and 2nd most made threes ever in the finals won by a single point. The warriors are extremely tough with KD, but without him the Raptors are the superior team.

Also, lets be clear that those fans who stood up and waived are absolutely disgraceful, but to say "Okay **** the raptors, I want the Warriors to win now" we all know this ain't the reason for changing your tune. EVERY team in the NBA has dumbass fans like this, it's a shame it took a terrible injury on the big stage for them to be exposed. Every city has these kinds of ppl.
darkse1d
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,848

Post#244 » by darkse1d » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Cobra Kawhi wrote:Raptors have dominated a KD-less Warriors team over these 5 games. The only reason this series is still going is because of a 3rd Q stretch in game 2 where the raptors couldn't hit a shot to start the 3rd and KD's contribution in game 5. Otherwise the raptors have dominated both sides of the ball. The Warriors with Durant's 1 Q dominance and 2nd most made threes ever in the finals won by a single point. The warriors are extremely tough with KD, but without him the Raptors are the superior team.

Also, lets be clear that those fans who stood up and waived are absolutely disgraceful, but to say "Okay **** the raptors, I want the Warriors to win now" we all know this ain't the reason for changing your tune. EVERY team in the NBA has dumbass fans like this, it's a shame it took a terrible injury on the big stage for them to be exposed. Every city has these kinds of ppl.

I wouldn’t say dominated. IMO it has been equal cause of Klay missing one game and then fatigue settling game 4 for the warriors due to only one game in between game. The longer break has actually helped warriors. They were revitalized game 2 when they won and again game 5 when they won.

For raptors to win, pascal cannot let himself be treated like Harrison Barnes. If he’s shooting well and making the open 3s they win, if not there will be a game 7
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#245 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:13 pm

iamtheking wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:Raptors have dominated a KD-less Warriors team over these 5 games. The only reason this series is still going is because of a 3rd Q stretch in game 2 where the raptors couldn't hit a shot to start the 3rd and KD's contribution in game 5. Otherwise the raptors have dominated both sides of the ball. The Warriors with Durant's 1 Q dominance and 2nd most made threes ever in the finals won by a single point. The warriors are extremely tough with KD, but without him the Raptors are the superior team.

I wouldn’t say dominated. IMO it has been equal cause of Klay missing one game and then fatigue settling game 4 for the warriors due to only one game in between game. The longer break has actually helped warriors. They were revitalized game 2 when they won and again game 5 when they won.

For raptors to win, pascal cannot let himself be treated like Harrison Barnes. If he’s shooting well and making the open 3s they win, if not there will be a game 7

You do realize that the raptors also get the same days of rest in between games right... because you know... they're the opponents of the warriors.. meaning they play on the same day as the warriors... in the same game...
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#246 » by VinBaker6 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Easy Game 6 win

S/O to TZ!
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,834

Post#247 » by nikster » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:Easy Game 6 win

God I hope the Raps come out strong and just blow them out. These playoffs have been so stressful
JAYZGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,528

Post#248 » by JAYZGOAT » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:58 pm

We still believe! Warriors in 7!
TaylorTRoom
Pro Prospect
And1: 541

Post#249 » by TaylorTRoom » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Best2EverDoIt wrote:I only got to catch the 4th quarter I had no idea Durant played. The Warriors are **** stupid. I cant believe they even let him practice.

In retrospect, yeah- they should have followed that practice not with an NBA game where he jumps center, plays 12 of 14 minutes, and is a primary ball handler, but with a conditioning day, followed by a full practice. Like they would have done if they weren’t down 1-3.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#250 » by Samurai » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Matty wrote:

that's the thing, he never practiced with the team.

GS organization's reputation went down the drain with that move. Raptors have to finish them off.

KD participated in the 6/9 team practice. Kerr said the medical team needed to see him in at least one practice in order to be cleared for the game.
Samurai
General Manager

Post#251 » by Samurai » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:30 pm

iamtheking wrote:

I'd say that the Raptors have dominated. Dubs won game 2 by 5 points after a historically bad shooting quarter from Toronto (i.e. unlikely to happen again) and by 1 point in game 5. The Raptors average margin of victory in their 3 wins has been 12 points. And I am not surprised by this and find most people who would be "shocked" by this to be disingenuous. You can't remove a top-3 player like KD and just keep going like nothing happened. Even the most biased Raptors fan would have to admit that if they were playing without Kawhi and the Warriors had all their guys playing (even if banged up), they wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors dominated. I wouldn't be surprised at all; Kawhi is just a great player and missing his impact is huge. But injuries are part of the game. Dubs have no excuses; this is the hand they were dealt and it's next man up. If Kawhi slips in the shower and cannot play, they have zero excuses as well; its next man up. That's the nature of sports. But just because there are no excuses doesn't mean you would be surprised that a KD-less Warriors or a Kawhi-less Raptors are just not as good as if they had their big guns.
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#252 » by northoakland510 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Steve Kerr needs to let Damian Jones get some run. He is the only athletic 7 footer on the squad and can play above the rim.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Samurai
General Manager

Post#253 » by Samurai » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:07 pm

northoakland510 wrote:Steve Kerr needs to let Damian Jones get some run. He is the only athletic 7 footer on the squad and can play above the rim.

Jones is a poor rebounder; Toronto's offense is already more than a load to handle, you can't just give them extra scoring opportunities by letting Jones fail to get rebounds. And Toronto has already benefited by getting far more calls and FT attempts from the refs; Jones would only guarantee that the Dubs would be in the penalty after 5 minutes. Jones is a fouling machine.

Other than that, he's great. Kinda like having Kareem minus the skyhook, the defense, passing, and rebounding.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,137

Post#254 » by duppyy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Samurai wrote:
iamtheking wrote:

I'd say that the Raptors have dominated. Dubs won game 2 by 5 points after a historically bad shooting quarter from Toronto (i.e. unlikely to happen again) and by 1 point in game 5. The Raptors average margin of victory in their 3 wins has been 12 points. And I am not surprised by this and find most people who would be "shocked" by this to be disingenuous. You can't remove a top-3 player like KD and just keep going like nothing happened. Even the most biased Raptors fan would have to admit that if they were playing without Kawhi and the Warriors had all their guys playing (even if banged up), they wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors dominated. I wouldn't be surprised at all; Kawhi is just a great player and missing his impact is huge. But injuries are part of the game. Dubs have no excuses; this is the hand they were dealt and it's next man up. If Kawhi slips in the shower and cannot play, they have zero excuses as well; its next man up. That's the nature of sports. But just because there are no excuses doesn't mean you would be surprised that a KD-less Warriors or a Kawhi-less Raptors are just not as good as if they had their big guns.

You would sweep us if we had no Kawhi.

You guys dominating Portland without KD made your team look unstoppable, the same can't be said for Kawhi-less raptors though,.
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#255 » by Cobra Kawhi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Samurai wrote:
iamtheking wrote:

Nice when opposing team fans can agree on something. Now if only y'all could get Admiral Kizaru and his Warriors in 4 hot takes under control
Samurai
General Manager

Post#256 » by Samurai » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:00 pm

duppyy wrote:
Samurai wrote:
iamtheking wrote:

You guys dominating Portland without KD made your team look unstoppable, the same can't be said for Kawhi-less raptors though,.

Not saying they would or would not sweep; my point is that no one should be surprised if a Kawhi-less Raptors would lose to a full-strength Warriors. And it would be a tough break but even without Kawhi the Raptors would have no excuse. I don't think anyone should be surprised that a KD-less Warriors have been dominated by the Raptors. And the Warriors have no excuse even without KD; it's next man up. I personally wish we could have seen both teams with everyone playing - I think fans want to see both teams without a handicap - but that's not what happened.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,137

Post#257 » by duppyy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Samurai wrote:
duppyy wrote:
Samurai wrote:I'd say that the Raptors have dominated. Dubs won game 2 by 5 points after a historically bad shooting quarter from Toronto (i.e. unlikely to happen again) and by 1 point in game 5. The Raptors average margin of victory in their 3 wins has been 12 points. And I am not surprised by this and find most people who would be "shocked" by this to be disingenuous. You can't remove a top-3 player like KD and just keep going like nothing happened. Even the most biased Raptors fan would have to admit that if they were playing without Kawhi and the Warriors had all their guys playing (even if banged up), they wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors dominated. I wouldn't be surprised at all; Kawhi is just a great player and missing his impact is huge. But injuries are part of the game. Dubs have no excuses; this is the hand they were dealt and it's next man up. If Kawhi slips in the shower and cannot play, they have zero excuses as well; its next man up. That's the nature of sports. But just because there are no excuses doesn't mean you would be surprised that a KD-less Warriors or a Kawhi-less Raptors are just not as good as if they had their big guns.

Not saying they would or would not sweep; my point is that no one should be surprised if a Kawhi-less Raptors would lose to a full-strength Warriors. And it would be a tough break but even without Kawhi the Raptors would have no excuse. I don't think anyone should be surprised that a KD-less Warriors have been dominated by the Raptors. And the Warriors have no excuse even without KD; it's next man up. I personally wish we could have seen both teams with everyone playing - I think fans want to see both teams without a handicap - but that's not what happened.

I agree. I said before the series started that I hoped KD would play. I want raptors to play the best GSW possible and if they won this whole asterix bs would never be a thing. Also, the series would be even more exciting, the spike in viewership is proof of that.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#258 » by inquisitive » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Is KD going to be watching game 6 at Dolan's pad or heading back to Bay area
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#259 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Klay missed a game, but it is pretty close with klay. Toronto is a well built squad.
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#260 » by northoakland510 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:34 pm

Samurai wrote:
northoakland510 wrote:Steve Kerr needs to let Damian Jones get some run. He is the only athletic 7 footer on the squad and can play above the rim.

Jones is a poor rebounder; Toronto's offense is already more than a load to handle, you can't just give them extra scoring opportunities by letting Jones fail to get rebounds. And Toronto has already benefited by getting far more calls and FT attempts from the refs; Jones would only guarantee that the Dubs would be in the penalty after 5 minutes. Jones is a fouling machine.

Other than that, he's great. Kinda like having Kareem minus the skyhook, the defense, passing, and rebounding.
Jones is a bigger body and Jones has the discipline to box out or focus on one rebounder and make sure they do not get the rebound. Bell isn't disciplined enough to stick to a game plan. Jones might foul, but Bell hasn't done anything to say he should keep his minutes.

Return to The General Board