Shams: KD Undergoes Successful Surgery for Ruptured Achilles

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Re: Shams: KD Undergoes Successful Surgery for Ruptured Achilles 

Post#41 » by kobe808lak » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 pm

This should be a huge stain on the GSW organization as a whole. What a mess. This injury should of never had the chance of happening.
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#42 » by Drygon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 pm

It's safe to say that Kevin Durant will never be a top 3 player again.

Having that said, Durant's return is likely to look a lot like how how Dirk dominated in the late 2000s and early 2010s, which no longer relied on the speed he had at the beginning of his career. Dirk's game was oriented more on being a fantastic shooter who could shoot over most of his opponents, while still being faster than most traditional 7 footers.

There's really nothing that will stop Durant from adapting his game to look more like that. Look to Durant to be posted up more often (especially in the high block). And, for what it's worth: Dirk was 32 during the 2011 playoffs. Durant is 30 now.

Also, we know that Durant has long looked up to Dirk's game. And they're about the same height.

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2017/10/24/dirk-nowitzki-is-not-just-another-legend-to-kevin-durant/

At best, Durant could become a top 10 player in the league. I really hope he can make a strong comeback.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,243

Post#43 » by Knicks Byke » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 pm

hope he walks after this season. F GSW
GameChannel
Rookie
And1: 1,003

Post#44 » by GameChannel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:45 pm

The advantage Kevin has that he has been a pretty durable player for most of his career.. so his body seems to hold up well and recover well from the rigors of the NBA. Also, he is not an overweight player so less weight to carry on his ankles.

On the flipside, the fact that his body is not built strong and he is quite tall with a skinny frame, the injury may not fully recover/heal due to lack of lower body strength and skinny legs.

But what the **** I know!?

I wish him nothing but the best. Never really disliked him even after he joined the Warriors as a lot of fans on here tend to do. He served OKC well, fulfilled his contract and left when he was a free agent. Would be a different story if he forced his way out of OKC while still under contract.

The league is better with all the stars healthy and at their best. We as fans get caught up in petty things due to our love for our teams. But I'd never wish an injury upon a player no matter how much I dislike him.
Berserk_Raptor
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,744

Post#45 » by Berserk_Raptor » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
Berserk_Raptor wrote:so, how long will he be out? a full season?

Speaking from experience, it takes a full year to “get right”, but even then, the ligament is still weak and susceptible to be injured again. It takes an additional year to get the tendon back to (somewhat) “full capacity”. By then, Kevin will be going on 33.

Thanks for your quick response, my second question is, I mean, its pretty obvious that he wasnt 100% healed by Game 5,so if he hadnt played Game 5, would he have been recovered by the beginning of the next season?
@raptor21_85
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,890

Post#46 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:51 pm

All the posters on here having a laugh over this while the guy just got out of surgery are the real joke.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#47 » by Drygon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:55 pm

niQ wrote:From KD's IG.

F*ck, it hurts to see Durant like that.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#48 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:hope he walks after this season. F GSW

Why don’t you read the comments on IG from KD himself before making comments like these. You probably just bitter because you thought you were going to end up with KD, Kyrie and
Zion when you will probably end up with the same old Knicks
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 17,689

Post#49 » by HotRocks34 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:19 pm

I'm not a big KD fan. Never was, and never will be, likely.

That said, what the Warriors organization and their media did to him was a travesty of epic proportions. The justified rage he must feel right now would be more than I could take.

I would sue people. Not kidding at all. This is negligence or incompetence, however you want to slice it. Kerr saying we thought the worst that could happen was to re-injure the calf is laughable and doesn't pass biomechanics 101. If the calf is weak, guess what is going to take the brunt of that weakness?

I'm ticked off and I don't even like Durant. But a real injustice was done here.

The Warriors and the media around the team are not the first group to put an athlete in a bad position and the athlete takes the physical fall. But there is no way around what happened here. I don't care about Toronto fans cheering the injury or anything else. The focus has to be on what happened, and how it happened.

I agree with Kobe808 above. This is a massive stain on Golden State's legacy. Huge. Durant could have gone on to become the leading scorer in league history. Who knows what he could have done? And the Warriors threw all of that away in a reckless, selfish fashion. They didn't just cheat the player, they cheated all NBA fans everywhere.

Durant will never be the same. No one is after this injury. Dominique? Nique became a three-point shooter after the injury. He was never the same explosive force after he tore his Achilles.

The good thing for Durant is that the injury wont take away his length and height. So, his shot will still be unblockable. But he won't be at his previous level. Look at Kobe. It just doesn't happen.

Did Durant make the call on playing? Sure, he did. But he was bullied into making the wrong choice. It's like saying "not sure how that guy turned into an alcoholic" after you brought him a case of beer and assorted hard liquor every evening.

Wishing the best for Durant in his recovery. Big respect to him for how he has handled things so far since the injury.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the playoffs without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#50 » by karkinos » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 pm

kd doesn't need to sue someone; he needs to collect from whoever underwrote his disability insurance policy
Soca
Veteran
And1: 841

Post#51 » by Soca » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 pm

whatisacenter wrote:All the posters on here having a laugh over this while the guy just got out of surgery are the real joke.

Who's laughing? I see more people interested in the blame game.
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#52 » by LipSkinMatter » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 pm

Guest202 wrote:
Ridicululz wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
Speaking from experience, it takes a full year to “get right”, but even then, the ligament is still weak and susceptible to be injure again. It takes an additional year to get the tendon back at (somewhat) “full capacity”. By then, Kevin will be going on 33.

This is such a huge blow to the NBA as a whole. We're going to be missing the prime years of one of the best to ever do it.

I can only imagine how KD feels.

Assemble a team of no-nonsense corporate lawyers to sue GSW scumbag ownergroup for $1 billion.

"Basketball is my biggest love and I wanted to be out there that night because that’s what I do. I wanted to help my teammates on our quest for the three peat."
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#53 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Soca wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:All the posters on here having a laugh over this while the guy just got out of surgery are the real joke.

Plenty of people making jokes that he will be back for game 6.
Guest202
Sixth Man
And1: 1,245

Post#54 » by Guest202 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:29 pm

Soca wrote:

Lots of trolls on social media are attacking him. It’s pretty gross.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#55 » by karkinos » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:29 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:
Did Durant make the call on playing? Sure, he did. But he was bullied into making the wrong choice. It's like saying "not sure how that guy turned into an alcoholic" after you brought him a case of beer and assorted hard liquor every evening.

i'm sorry but this is a terrible analogy

first, you're driving a narrative of bullying that doesn't exist
second, every player is going to feel pressure to play when they are not 100%. especially when all his teammates out there are playing injured whether it's klay or looney or iggy.
third, it's kevin's decision to play. he is accountable for himself at the end of the day. he knows that if he sat out, he'd still get that contract no matter how much grief GSW or its fans might give him for not playing. he chose to play. did he have all the information? he had as much as he could have possibly gotten. he had his own doctors and GSW doctors. he had imaging.

just because something doesn't go in your favor does not mean you are not accountable for your own actions. in real life, sometimes bad things happen to good people. sometimes it is unavoidable and inevitable. what if he tore his achilles after signing a massive deal? is that going to make you all feel better? ie. gilbert arenas, brandon roy....big contracts going nowhere.
Porz
Junior
And1: 276

Post#56 » by Porz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:09 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:I'm not a big KD fan. Never was, and never will be, likely.

That said, what the Warriors organization and their media did to him was a travesty of epic proportions. The justified rage he must feel right now would be more than I could take.

I would sue people. Not kidding at all. This is negligence or incompetence, however you want to slice it. Kerr saying we thought the worst that could happen was to re-injure the calf is laughable and doesn't pass biomechanics 101. If the calf is weak, guess what is going to take the brunt of that weakness?

I'm ticked off and I don't even like Durant. But a real injustice was done here.

The Warriors and the media around the team are not the first group to put an athlete in a bad position and the athlete takes the physical fall. But there is no way around what happened here. I don't care about Toronto fans cheering the injury or anything else. The focus has to be on what happened, and how it happened.

I agree with Kobe808 above. This is a massive stain on Golden State's legacy. Huge. Durant could have gone on to become the leading scorer in league history. Who knows what he could have done? And the Warriors threw all of that away in a reckless, selfish fashion. They didn't just cheat the player, they cheated all NBA fans everywhere.

Durant will never be the same. No one is after this injury. Dominique? Nique became a three-point shooter after the injury. He was never the same explosive force after he tore his Achilles.

The good thing for Durant is that the injury wont take away his length and height. So, his shot will still be unblockable. But he won't be at his previous level. Look at Kobe. It just doesn't happen.

Wishing the best for Durant in his recovery. Big respect to him for how he has handled things so far since the injury.

Luka Doncic life matters too. No to racism!
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,538

Post#57 » by Ugly Duckling » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:12 pm

tyguy wrote:I don't get the whole prayers up thing. He isn't going to die. that being said I hope he is able to recover from this and play at a high level. It would be nice if someone can come back from this injury and still resemble the player they were before.

Yeah and what does prayers up mean anyway? That God is above us? How is that even possible? Earth isn't flat
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#58 » by Hero » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 pm

After how much talk there was over whether he would play or not. After how GSW has handled the entire injury situation.

People aren't gonna forget that easily.

whatisacenter wrote:
Soca wrote:

Plenty of people making jokes that he will be back for game 6.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,605

Post#59 » by NCHeels2008 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 pm

I love these Warriors haters feigning outrage just to get a couple cheap shots in
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#60 » by LKN » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 pm

tyguy wrote:I don't get the whole prayers up thing. He isn't going to die. that being said I hope he is able to recover from this and play at a high level. It would be nice if someone can come back from this injury and still resemble the player they were before.

Even if he never played again he's made 100s of millions of dollars... he's been fine

Return to The General Board