Danny Green says Sixers were better than Bucks

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,803

Re: Danny Green says Sixers were better than Bucks 

Post#41 » by kriss73 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:13 pm

udfa wrote:
I don't see where Green says the Sixers were "better" than the Bucks, just that they were more talented and presented match-up issues for Toronto that Milwaukee didn't.

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"

:D
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#42 » by LipSkinMatter » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Cobra Kawhi wrote:
otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
Many would feel this way. The bucks were fools gold.

The Bucks were one free throw away from winning game 3 and they would be playing the warriors right now. I don't understand all of the cockiness from Raptor fans.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Imagine saving screen shots like that rofl :roll:
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#43 » by COY0607 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:22 pm

I understand completely where he's coming from.

As a Raptors fans, the 76ers have felt like the only team that could beat the Raptors this playoffs. They have a ton of talent, maybe more so than the Durant-less Warriors.
And their length is insane. Totally brutal
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,906

Post#44 » by Anticon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 pm

-G- wrote:
Anticon wrote:
-G- wrote:Sixers had the talent, they're just a terrible fit.

This isn't really true. When they've played together they've been really good.

It's just there were three sixers teams last year - the pre-Butler team, the post-Butler team, and the Butler + Harris team.

The last one is really good and could be the number one seed next year if they stay together and don't lose too many games to injury/rest.

That's great. I still say they're a bad fit, particularly Embiid and Simmons. They could win in spite of being a bad fit.

That's just because Simmons is a bad fit with any team that doesn't have 4 three point shooters in the starting lineup. The rest of the team is perfectly compatible together.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#45 » by everdiso » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Bucks and 6ers are both great.

No doubt the 6ers provided more specific matchups problems for us though.

It would have helped, though, if a guy like Danny Green had actually hit some shots against Philly. Wouldn't have been such a tough series then.

And we looked even worse against the bucks until halfway through the series guys like Gasol and Fred and Lowry finally started hitting from 3. Before that happened we looked headed for a much worse outcome than the 6ers series.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,490

Post#46 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Cobra Kawhi wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:I was honestly more scared playing Philly than I was playing the Bucks and a Durantless Warriors. I can still be proven wrong in the next two games but that's just how I felt.

Awesome username sir :D
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#47 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 pm

LipSkinMatter wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
otmshank1 wrote:
The Bucks were one free throw away from winning game 3 and they would be playing the warriors right now. I don't understand all of the cockiness from Raptor fans.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This salty ass MFer :lol:
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,131

Post#48 » by CodeBreaker » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:56 am

-G- wrote:Sixers had the talent, they just had Ben Simmons.

Fixed it for you.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#49 » by LKN » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:32 am

The Bucks lost mostly because they shot poorly from the FT line. If they had shot their season average they win the series.

Toronto:
Reg Season: 80%, Series 80%

Bucks
Reg Season: 77%, Series: 72%

Not an excuse - FTs are part of the game and the Raptors shot excellent from the line and the Bucks didn't.... however, unless the Raptors have some kind of magic FT defense they have nothing to do with the Bucks poor performance from the line.

I mean Game 3 they hit 66.7%... they shoot even 70% they win.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,001

Post#50 » by Chandan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:34 am

B-Ball Freak wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This salty ass MFer :lol:

first someone got to provide material for said screenshots.
Bucks fans on this forum are by far more cocky when they win, and bitter and salty after they lost. I respect the Sixers fanbase, bucks fans have crap knowledge and are fickle as ****. Even now you could see them retreating behind Giannas while throwing Bledsoe/ Middleton/Mirotic under the bus, while before the raptors series it was nothing but praise for everyone.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#51 » by TheBoi10 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:40 am

Moral victory trophy goes to Philly

Bucks were big frauds
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Post#52 » by elchengue20 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:44 am

He's right.

Watch out for the Sixers next season. If they keep Butler, Harris and JJ and they get some improvements from Embiid, Simmons and Zhaire they are the most talented team in the NBA. Also one full extra season will be huge for chemistry, the starting 5 played like 20 games together before this Playoffs. Embiid health is another key factor, he was 70% agianst Toronto.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#53 » by Coach Carter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:46 am

You ppl are forgetting that toronto got more confident as they progressed through these playoffs, the demons from previous years were ever present up until the conclusion of game 3 v the bucks, where again they did their best to choke that game away.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
Smitson
Starter
And1: 2,945

Post#54 » by Smitson » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 am

People are talking about game three (Raps won the next three regardless and may very well still win a game seven) and forget that the Bucks fluked out a game 1 series.

Not to mention the fact that the Raps shouldn’t have let game three get as close as it was, if Pascal hits a free throw nobody’s talking about “oh game three”. The fact is the Raps beat the Bucks in six games and proved they were a better team. If the series happened again, I bet the Raptors would win in six games again.
Bruteque
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#55 » by Bruteque » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:02 am

That sounds like a whole lot of BS after the fact on Green's part to be completely honest.

I don't think you can just blame FVV hitting a grand total of 1 three at a whopping 7% in seven games against PHI bricking wide open shot after wide open shot on PHI being better at making him "kinda unsure about finding his rhythm." The difference really wasn't that TOR could defend MIL; it was more like somebody on TOR actually contributed some threat-gravity on offense with FVV hitting 16 threes in six games at 57% against MIL as opposed to 1 three in seven games at 7% against PHI.

TOR was +6 in six games against MIL and +14 in seven games against PHI. The difference was in how the series felt: The PHI series was back-and-forth and the MIL series ended in a backdoor sweep. When you figure in the two FVV polar opposite outliers, I think MIL is the superior opponent plain and simple. MIL just got screwed on the FVV coin toss Ross open brick lottery. I think TOR was clearly better than PHI and MIL was a much closer match.

The PHI series should have been significantly easier; the MIL series should have been significantly harder.
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#56 » by Cobra Kawhi » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:03 am

Coach Carter wrote:You ppl are forgetting that toronto got more confident as they progressed through these playoffs, the demons from previous years were ever present up until the conclusion of game 3 v the bucks, where again they did their best to choke that game away.

Whatever makes you feel better
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,850

Post#57 » by VancouverRaps » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:03 am

Most Raps fans would agree with him. Philly with a less than 100% Embiid gave the Raps a tougher fight than the Bucks did going up against a hobbled Kawhi.
We the Champs
knuckles862
Analyst
And1: 2,571

Post#58 » by knuckles862 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:10 am

I think the thing with the sixers was that they took fvv out of the game. I haven't looked at the stats but I'm pretty sure fvv got blocked almost Everytime he went to the rim. Jj is the shortest player that gets burn on the sixers and even he makes you work on defense so their was no where to hide fred
Willie Colon
Starter
And1: 1,149

Post#59 » by Willie Colon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:14 am

He's right. Philly would have clapped us too.
We have Giannis Antetokounmpo and you don't. :naaa:
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,951

Post#60 » by Coco Costanza » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:42 am

otmshank1 wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:I was honestly more scared playing Philly than I was playing the Bucks and a Durantless Warriors. I can still be proven wrong in the next two games but that's just how I felt.

I keep seeing comments like this from Bucks fans where you guys take solace in the team almost winning game 3. But your team still lost. And besides, how about games 4, 5, 6?
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.

Return to The General Board