Rich Paul Blames Dell Demps For Anthony Davis' Trade Demand Going Public

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Rich Paul Blames Dell Demps For Anthony Davis' Trade Demand Going Public 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Rich Paul insists his plan was never to go public with the trade demand of Anthony Davis in late January, according to reporting within a profile on him by S.L. Price in Sports Illustrated.

Paul approached Dell Demps on Jan. 25 of Davis requesting a trade. Demps responded that he would discuss the situation with Gayle Benson and then get back to him.

Demps instead called Davis himself and never got back to Paul.

Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN then contacted Paul to confirm the trade demands of Davis.

“It was necessary to go public,” Paul said. “When I told you, ‘Here’s our intentions,’ and you say, ‘Hey, let me talk to ownership,’ and instead of you talking to ownership you call Anthony Davis? That’s called being ignored.”

Paul objects to how Demps tried to get between him and Davis.

“That’s a no-no,” Paul said. “Every GM knows that.”

Demps was fired on February 15th after the New Orleans Pelicans and Los Angeles Lakers were unable to consummate a trade. 

Via S.L. Price/Sports Illustrated

binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Re: Rich Paul Blames Dell Demps For Anthony Davis' Trade Demand Going Public 

Post#2 » by binjumper » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Cause you're a snake Paul
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#3 » by likashing » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Klutch/Rich Paul/LeBron Inc is full of ****. They were the ones giving ESPN a special about AD’s requests with interviews with Rich Paul.

They think they can blatantly bull like saying moon is Mars and people will believe.

They higher profile this person gets, the more he shows he world how dumb he really is.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#4 » by likashing » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:58 pm

And he couldn’t even handle a trade request properly and got played like a fool and failed AD?

Let’s face it he has been getting his way on everything because his boss is LeBron. Everyone in the NBA from the commissioner to the owners and GMs accommodate him because of LeBron.

He actually smelled his own **** and believe it smelled good.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 679

Post#5 » by LukaMagic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Lol, what a jackass rich paul is.. Why on earth would anyone want him as an agent?!
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#6 » by kenwood3333 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Just saw a message Rich Paul stating that AD would only stay in BOS for a year. What a great agent, always looking for his own self interest.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,729

Post#7 » by dougthonus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:46 pm

What a ridiculous take there. He's implying that if the GM didn't talk to the player that he wouldn't have gone public? Why? What does that have to do with anything? You thought that your player wanted a trade and the GM wasn't going to talk to him about it? That seems utterly ludicrous.

It's amazing to me how some people can stroll through life so successfully while just shoveling BS the whole time.

Paul seems like he jacked up this whole thing. He played a gambit to put enough pressure on NO to make them trade, but it didn't work and instead he just made his client hated and killed his image and still didn't get what he wanted.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,878

Post#8 » by deeps6x » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Why does Davis even need Rich Paul? Keep the money. You will still get max a max deal when your current contract is up. A top 5 player in the league doesn't need RP to generate interest in you as a free agent.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#9 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:30 pm

See, if you blame ownership, deal doesnt get done. But if you blame the fired guy, deal gets done and we have scapegoat. Lets Party!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#10 » by Winsome Gerbil » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:06 pm

I always hate it when I try to strongarm somebody behind closed doors and they tell somebody about it. Inconsiderate jerks.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#11 » by Killboard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:40 pm

AD is entering his prime and his prime starts right now. Anyone knows he will eventually get maxed, he doesnt need an agent for that. Rich Paul objective is giving him a contention window over anything else. Will he achieve that? I dont think so but time will tell.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#12 » by Temuhjan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:52 pm

If I am Trajan Langdon, I will run the clock out and play this rat like a yo-yo.

It's not as if the Pels can get anything useful from trading AD anyway. So, might as well start all over again with Zion Williamson.

To RP: F*#% you!
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#13 » by TMU » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:14 pm

So a player can demand a trade, but can't bare the shame of going public about it? Rich Paul is a manipulative jackass who is only interest in himself and LeBron. I love AD as a player but just because his agent is this ****, I hope he and Rich Paul fails miserably in whatever decision they make during free agency.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#14 » by The_Hater » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:31 pm

I guess it’s also Dell Demps fault that RP has now publicly told teams to not bother trading for AD?

Maybe it’s true, maybe not, but this snake hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,136

Post#15 » by Darthlukey » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:15 pm

The_Hater wrote:I guess it’s also Dell Demps fault that RP has now publicly told teams to not bother trading for AD?

Maybe it’s true, maybe not, but this snake hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt

He admits it himself that he went public. RP, you are a grown man, take responsibility for your decision
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,136

Post#16 » by Darthlukey » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 pm

TMU wrote:So a player can demand a trade, but can't bare the shame of going public about it? Rich Paul is a manipulative jackass who is only interest in himself and LeBron. I love AD as a player but just because his agent is this ****, I hope he and Rich Paul fails miserably in whatever decision they make during free agency.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app

Going public did nothing but wreck the Pels leverage
likashing
Head Coach

Post#17 » by likashing » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:20 pm

LukaMagic wrote:Lol, what a jackass rich paul is.. Why on earth would anyone want him as an agent?!

Cuz I can get on Space Jam 2 and become relevant because I can associate myself with LeBron? Maybe LeBron Inc will let me in on his business deals?

Some players do believe LeBron Inc has their best interest in mind.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#18 » by Yuri Vaultin » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:21 pm

Did Dell Demps also tell the media that the Lakers have offered Ingram, Ball and the 4th pick?
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#19 » by Yuri Vaultin » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Anyone else remember when Rich Paul instructed Nerlens Noel to turn down the Dallas extension of $17mil per season?
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#20 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 pm

Winsome Gerbil wrote:I always hate it when I try to strongarm somebody behind closed doors and they tell somebody about it. Inconsiderate jerks.

You misread the article.

Correct that to, "I always hate it when I try to strongarm somebody behind closed doors and they ignore me, so I take it public to try and strongarm them through the media. Inconsiderate jerks!"

Return to Wiretap Discussion