WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,561

Re: WOJ: OKC in absolute win now mode, aggressively shopping 21st pick 

Post#61 » by pcbothwel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:
You must have missed the 3rd team part.

Indeed I did, though it seems pretty clear re-reading it. My bad. :oops:

It happens.

I think Boston if they lose Horford and Irving could be that third team. Not sure if Brown, Hayward and picks would be enough for Detroit to move Griffin. But Tatum and Smart with Adam's is not a bad core to start a retooling in Boston.

I tell ya, I like the thought of Adams moved....but man the Center spot is flooded.
Its one of the reasons as a Wiz fan I am confident Thomas Bryant comes back on a good deal.
I cant find one team that makes that move... Really the Mavs, but hard to find.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#62 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:43 pm

Roberson
Patterson

for

Fournier
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,342

Post#63 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:44 pm

pcbothwel wrote:Really the Mavs, but hard to find.

yeah the Mavs need so much and Doncic and KP have enough flexibility that you can't rule them out for any position. Obviously like everyone else the priority would be 2-way wings, but assuming the team strikes out on the big-time FA's I could see Dallas as a suitor for Bryant.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#64 » by the_process » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:30 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Indeed I did, though it seems pretty clear re-reading it. My bad. :oops:

It happens.

I think Boston if they lose Horford and Irving could be that third team. Not sure if Brown, Hayward and picks would be enough for Detroit to move Griffin. But Tatum and Smart with Adam's is not a bad core to start a retooling in Boston.

I tell ya, I like the thought of Adams moved....but man the Center spot is flooded.
Its one of the reasons as a Wiz fan I am confident Thomas Bryant comes back on a good deal.

The Sixers might have their eye on your guy there :lol: But if you’re willing to go over the MLE then you won’t have an issue keeping him.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#65 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:41 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
the_process wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Personally id pull the trigger on Bogdan/Bjelica/40 for Adams/21 but does that really make sense for OKC? I don't really see anything else in OKC that id want.

Id do Bjelica/40 for Roberson/21 if I felt he would at least come back and be the defender he was, but I don't really see OKC moving off Adams.

IMO 21 with one of Schroder/Patterson/Roberson doesn't get Bogdan.

If OKC sees a way to re-sign Noel, then they should jump all over that deal.

I'm not sure what Noel's market will be, but I also think there could be something with Schroder after a deal like this. Schroder for Dieng for example.

Does that really make OKC better? I mean I guess so but the idea of Dieng being a starting center for 30mpg isn't all that nice.

Adams isn't really the best fit for Sacramento and I know most Kings fans wouldn't want to do the deal, but its an easy one for me. I love Adams, the guy does so much not in the stat sheet. He brings an insane amount of toughness and hes a great defender. Cant think of a player id like more around Giles and Bagley.

This deal eats about 11 million in cap space leaving us around 26 million to fill out the bench which is a tall task. That said we can go in the cheap with guys like Lin and Bullock, then spend the majority of our money on a Terrence Ross/Hood 6th man type to fill in for Bogdan and close out when we go small.

Adams/Giles
Bagley/#21
Barnes/Ross
Buddy/Bullock
Fox/Lin

Not the best bench, but passable.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 4,996

Post#66 » by R-DAWG » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:17 pm

OKC needs/has needed for a long time/ 2 way glue guys who don't need the ball in their hands. They also have essentially 2 dead weight expirings in Roberson and Patterson along with an overpaid C and sixth man. Presti has made some good moves but the overall roster construction has been poor.
enzino
Veteran
And1: 140

Post#67 » by enzino » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:28 pm

Trade ID #7206356

To Memphis Grizzlies: Gordon Hayward, Dennis Schroder, Andre Roberson, #21 (OKC), #20 (BOS)
To Boston Celtics: Chandler Parsons, Steven Adams
To Oklahoma City Thunder: Mike Conley, Al Horford
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,561

Post#68 » by pcbothwel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:01 pm

the_process wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:
It happens.

The Sixers might have their eye on your guy there :lol: But if you’re willing to go over the MLE then you won’t have an issue keeping him.

Really? almost 10M per year for Center ranked 10-20 at his position? I mean, I guess, but he's not an elite player at the least important position with a huge supply available.
WCS, Goga, Jaxson Hayes, Fernando, Vuc, etc. are all the same caliber of player/prospects and are avaialble.
Also, you have Embiid for the Max, so why would you use the Full MLE on a backup that can only play/guard one position?
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#69 » by E S V L » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:04 pm

enzino wrote:Trade ID #7206356

To Memphis Grizzlies: Gordon Hayward, Dennis Schroder, Andre Roberson, #21 (OKC), #20 (BOS)
To Boston Celtics: Chandler Parsons, Steven Adams
To Oklahoma City Thunder: Mike Conley, Al Horford

No from Memphis. Only with the MEM pick attached.
FK NFL
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#70 » by the_process » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
the_process wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:

Really? almost 10M per year for Center ranked 10-20 at his position? I mean, I guess, but he's not an elite player at the least important position with a huge supply available.
WCS, Goga, Jaxson Hayes, Fernando, Vuc, etc. are all the same caliber of player/prospects and are avaialble.
Also, you have Embiid for the Max, so why would you use the Full MLE on a backup that can only play/guard one position?

Because Embiid is going to be on the Kawhi plan for the rest of his career. So his backup needs to be a guy who can play 10 to 30 minutes on any given night. And the Sixers aren’t going to draft that guy. Now they may go for more of a combo guy, but they will definitely want a guy who can stretch the floor and protect the rim.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,607

Post#71 » by Snakebites » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:It's weird how much OKC's strategy has changed over the years from saving money and assets to being the team that will pay any lux tax and trade every pick. They went from Hinkie to Colangelo with the same GM.

They switched strategies too late.

They should have had this strategy while they still had Harden/Durant, and ironically should be trying to save money and assets now that they lost their franchise talents. Paul George and Russell Westbrook just aren't quite good enough to carry a franchise.

At least in my opinion.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#72 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:33 pm

Snakebites wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:It's weird how much OKC's strategy has changed over the years from saving money and assets to being the team that will pay any lux tax and trade every pick. They went from Hinkie to Colangelo with the same GM.

They should have had this strategy while they still had Harden/Durant, and ironically should be trying to save money and assets now that they lost their franchise talents. Paul George and Russell Westbrook just aren't quite good enough to carry a franchise.

At least in my opinion.

Think they switched strategies BECAUSE they lost those guys.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,784

Post#73 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:47 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

At least in my opinion.

There were a lot of things going on, it’s been discussed a lot, but the owners didn’t have a lot of money at the time in a small market, the repeater tax was an unknown, the Toronto pick was supposed to be better than it was (they traded for Gay) but overall yes what could’ve been is devastating. But we’re here now and OKC managed to add an MVP caliber player to Russ but still has so many needs.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:14 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Snakebites wrote:They switched strategies too late.

At least in my opinion.

There were a lot of things going on, it’s been discussed a lot, but the owners didn’t have a lot of money at the time in a small market, the repeater tax was an unknown, the Toronto pick was supposed to be better than it was (they traded for Gay) but overall yes what could’ve been is devastating. But we’re here now and OKC managed to add an MVP caliber player to Russ but still has so many needs.

Amen. What’s done is done and OKC can only move forward with what they’re able to do.

As the fan of a team that traded a pick that became Kawhi, I agree. All you can do is move forward and can’t make decisions in hindsight.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#75 » by FutureKnicksGM » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:17 pm

Trier
for
21, 2Pat
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,607

Post#76 » by Snakebites » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:39 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

At least in my opinion.

That's my point. They should have switched before they lost those guys.

Now that they have, this strategy is questionable.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

Post#77 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:18 am

Snakebites wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

At least in my opinion.

Well adding George Kaiser a billionaire partner to the ownership kind of makes a difference.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,784

Post#78 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:44 am

FutureKnicksGM wrote:Trier
for
21, 2Pat

I’d do Roberson, PPat, 21 for Trier
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:12 am

Snakebites wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

At least in my opinion.

It’s hard to say. As soon as Durant left, should they have dumped Westbrook and built around Oladipo/Dom? Those guys didn’t look so good back then. They’ve done what they’ve done. Now, they just have to move forward.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#80 » by FutureKnicksGM » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:34 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
FutureKnicksGM wrote:Trier
for
21, 2Pat

I’d do Roberson, PPat, 21 for Trier

No point in Trier being in the deal if were taking on that money.

Return to Trades and Transactions