Re: Lakers Offer Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, No. 4 To Pelicans For Anthony Davis

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Lakers Offer Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, No. 4 To Pelicans For Anthony Davis 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:35 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers have offered Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball and the No. 4 overall selection in trade talks with the New Orleans Pelicans for Anthony Davis, according to sources that spoke with Marc Stein of the New York Times.

The Pelicans are seeking a multi-team trade scenario in order to acquire their preferred combination of assets.

The Lakers moved up in last month's lottery to have the No. 4 overall pick.

Sources tell Tania Ganguli and Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times that the Lakers are attempting to keep Kyle Kuzma out of trade talks.

Via Marc Stein/New York Times

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Re: Lakers Offer Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, No. 4 To Pelicans For Anthony Davis 

Post#2 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:49 pm

The base package is pretty self-apparent, the tug of war is going to be over Kuzma and/or additional picks.

Kuzma is really valuable to the Lakers as cheap production, would be a big gain to keep him as they try to fill out the lineup/roster within the cap. But he's just as desirable to the Pelicans as a young prospect. I think the Lakers would rather give up 2 future 1sts instead (or a 1st plus Josh Hart), and hope NOP accepts that.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#3 » by LukasBMW » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:52 pm

LOL.

Ball has a long way to go. Ingram may never play again due to his blood clot issue. So basically it's the #4 pick they are offering. :lol:

No wonder Rich Paul has resorted his desperate tactics.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:The base package is pretty self-apparent, the tug of war is going to be over Kuzma and/or additional picks.

Kuzma is really valuable to the Lakers as cheap production, would be a big gain to keep him as they try to fill out the lineup/roster within the cap. But he's just as desirable to the Pelicans as a young prospect. I think the Lakers would rather give up 2 future 1sts instead (or a 1st plus Josh Hart), and hope NOP accepts that.

This is kinda the reason that I felt they should have taken the Lakers trade last year. I was told they would get better offers in the summer. I personally think the Knicks offer/Celtics offer is better, but when you are messing with Danny Ainge who knows whats available. And clearly they don't like the Knicks players so now the Lakers have basically reduced their offer.
2hard2guard
Junior
And1: 15

Post#5 » by 2hard2guard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:00 pm

If I where LeBron I'd be taking my talents somewhere else! Lakers not going anywhere for a few years
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#6 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Brandon Ingram has blood clot issues that forced Chris Bosh to retire. He is a huge risk.

Even if they offered Kuzma, that is not enough.

Not to mention, the Pelicans owner wisely has refused to reward the Lakers for their meddling with their star player. It wasn't so long ago that Anthony Davis was saying he wanted to remain in New Orleans long term. Then Lebron has his agent Rich Paul get into Anthony's ear... and suddenly he's showing ass and asking for trades. Very unlike Anthony Davis. Pelicans owner is wise to refuse to deal him to LA just on that alone, so as to show that type of collusion by the Lakers is not rewarded.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
zaddy
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by zaddy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:21 pm

2hard2guard wrote:If I where LeBron I'd be taking my talents somewhere else! Lakers not going anywhere for a few years

Lol @2stupid2realize

Lakers will contend strongly again and it sickens you. Power moves coming and you are forced to witness success LA Style. #muah

Warned
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,812

Post#8 » by nikster » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:26 pm

zaddy wrote:
2hard2guard wrote:If I where LeBron I'd be taking my talents somewhere else! Lakers not going anywhere for a few years

Lol @2stupid2realize

Lakers will contend strongly again and it sickens you. Power moves coming and you are forced to witness success LA Style. #muah

Lakers have a short window before Lebrons starts to decline significantly.

If they make this trade they are giving up their future to go all in, and I still don’t think they’re top 3 team with this trade.

If this trade doesn’t go through, their window is a year shorter.

I’m not very concerned about Lakers dominating anytime soon
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#9 » by Darthlukey » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:52 pm

Ingram has virtually no value as an asset at the moment if his prognosis remains the same, clotting issues are no joke!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#10 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 pm

Darthlukey wrote:Ingram has virtually no value as an asset at the moment if his prognosis remains the same, clotting issues are no joke!

I'd have agree he is gonna have to play 75-82 games to convince me with no recurrence.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:16 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Brandon Ingram has blood clot issues that forced Chris Bosh to retire. He is a huge risk.

Not to mention, the Pelicans owner wisely has refused to reward the Lakers for their meddling with their star player. It wasn't so long ago that Anthony Davis was saying he wanted to remain in New Orleans long term. Then Lebron has his agent Rich Paul get into Anthony's ear... and suddenly he's showing ass and asking for trades. Very unlike Anthony Davis. Pelicans owner is wise to refuse to deal him to LA just on that alone, so as to show that type of collusion by the Lakers is not rewarded.

At the end of the day Pels will take the best offer not concern themselves with rewarding meddlers , but LAL need to add a lot more imo to outbid others
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#12 » by likashing » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:32 pm

Ingram has blood clot and an expensive extension coming up for a so far unproven career.

His worth is maybe an old vet or a late first, but definitely not a star like AD.

Ingram is at a “you can keep him we don’t want him” kind of contract stage now.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Re: Re: Lakers Offer Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, No. 4 To Pelicans For Anthony Davis 

Post#13 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 pm

CAN YOU DIGIIIIITT!!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#14 » by gh123 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Kuzma+Hart+Ball+ 4th + another pick is kinda fair value and probably the best package NOLA can get at this point.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,046

Post#15 » by Lalouie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:44 am

health?, injury prone, and a pick no one cares about. add kuzma and it feels better. this is anthony davis we're talking about
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#16 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:55 am

Lalouie wrote:health?, injury prone, and a pick no one cares about. add kuzma and it feels better. this is anthony davis we're talking about

Kawhi is better and spurs got Demar Derozan... I mean Demar is currently better than BI and Lonzo and whoever the 4th pick is but given your getting Zion id rather take the upside of this package.. BI could be a real star.. Lonzo should be a solid role player and will fit with Zion making sure Zion is utlized often offencr more so than RJ.. And the number 4 pick is open definatley some good players like Darius Garland.. I mean maybe lakers can trade BI and 4th pick for Beal and give Pelicans Lonzo and Beal for the 4th pick.. I am not sure why Pelicans want a player instead of the pick?
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:57 am

likashing wrote:Ingram has blood clot and an expensive coming up for a so far unproven career.

His worth is maybe an old vet or a late first, but definitely not a star like AD.

Ingram is at a “you can keep him we don’t want him” kind of contract stage now.

You let BI test the market and match.. It's ok if he doesn't work out he will come out of contract when you can open up cap space and spend on others.. That said there is enormous upside if he works out.. Plus the 4th pick plus Lonzo.. The package is good to go...
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:04 am

Stillwater wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Brandon Ingram has blood clot issues that forced Chris Bosh to retire. He is a huge risk.

At the end of the day Pels will take the best offer not concern themselves with rewarding meddlers , but LAL need to add a lot more imo to outbid others

What other offers.. AD won't resign with Boston.. AD does not really want to go to the Knicks and especially with KD out now.. So LA are offering a good package.. The previous offer was ridiculous and super dumb to turn down by the Pelicans that said they got the number 1 pick and a marketing dream so it worked out for them despite their stupidity.. Even if you get less for AD now was worth it because if you made the trade your lottery position would of been different and you likely would of missed the number 1 pick.. Plus the Lakers hold the 4th pick now and probably wouldn't of if the trade happened.. This is a solid package.. This is a good pairing with Zion..
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#19 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:29 am

Not sure why people keep mentioning Ingram's blood clot. He already had surgery and it's already reported that the clot was due to a shoulder injury, not a medical condition like Bosh.

Besides that, I don't feel like the Lakers are offering enough for AD but if NO wants to take this offer I'm not complaining. :lol:
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#20 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:35 am

You need to surround Zion with shooting. Not a great deal for the Pels if their plan is to build around Zion.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414

Return to Wiretap Discussion