ImageImageImageImageImage

Pt. II – The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Re: Pt. II – The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD) 

Post#181 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:58 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:We will need to shed 16M roughly to fit Kyrie Max, Tobias max, and Russell cap hold.

Dinwiddie makes under 11M
Joe about 7M
Prince about 3M
27th pick is 2M

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

Dinwiddie to PHX for future lotto protected 1st
Prince to Dallas for future 2nd
Stash #27

Harris needs to stay because he is the perfect fit at the 3. Doesn't need the ball and is a great floor spacer. As much as I'd hate to lose Prince and waste #27 on a stash Joe is more important to me.

Why would we trade Prince for a future 2nd when we traded our own 1st just to get him? Tobias and Kyrie are just going to have to take some pay cuts like other stars did.

I was more so just showing how easily we could clear the cap space for them not that we couldnt get more.

These guys are getting the max or right at it, they arent taking 5M+ paycuts to come here so we can keep Dinwiddie and Prince. Just clear the space and make it happen dont mess around. Neither guy is worth missing on 2 max FAs.

We never signed a FA in our franchaise and now we are a destination where guys are taking paycuts to play. Come on thats never gonna happen. If we are like 1M short and they have to sacrifice like 500k thats one thing but you are asking these guys to take significant cuts. We arent the Lakers here. Lets just get it done and not worry about role players standing in the way.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#182 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:
Dinwiddie to PHX for future lotto protected 1st
Prince to Dallas for future 2nd
Stash #27

Harris needs to stay because he is the perfect fit at the 3. Doesn't need the ball and is a great floor spacer. As much as I'd hate to lose Prince and waste #27 on a stash Joe is more important to me.

Why would we trade Prince for a future 2nd when we traded our own 1st just to get him? Tobias and Kyrie are just going to have to take some pay cuts like other stars did.

I was more so just showing how easily we could clear the cap space for them not that we couldnt get more.

These guys are getting the max or right at it, they arent taking 5M+ paycuts to come here so we can keep Dinwiddie and Prince. Just clear the space and make it happen dont mess around. Neither guy is worth missing on 2 max FAs.

We never signed a FA in our franchaise and now we are a destination where guys are taking paycuts to play. Come on thats never gonna happen. If we are like 1M short and they have to sacrifice like 500k thats one thing but you are asking these guys to take significant cuts. We arent the Lakers here. Lets just get it done and not worry about role players standing in the way.

I disagree.. if guys really want to play on a contending team I think they will consider it, LeBron and them did it, so did KD for the Warriors. How many teams around the league have 65 million plus in cap space? I'm not sure. And I'm ok with not getting Tobias, that's where me and most guys on here differ, I just don't think he's worth the max or close to it at all. Granted, some guys will chase the money over a chance at a chip which I'm not mad at, but I won't beat myself up if we don't get Tobias. I'll take Rudy Gay for 80 million less or Milsap.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,445

Post#183 » by Stone » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:37 pm

Netaman wrote:How much of a boost do we think it gives us to have O'Malley? Gotta think that's a positive for him joining up here, the chance to rehab under the direct supervision of his surgeon.

No doubt that's a big positive for us. This is a severe injury and the remainder of KD's career is at stake.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#184 » by JKiddy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 pm

What if we just split the money now between Kyrie and Tobias after one minor deal and they both take slightly less than the max (or Tobias takes like $2 mill less than his max to sign with us?
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#185 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:44 pm

DeRoma wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
DeRoma wrote:I think Marks overpaying guys is over. That was when we are still in a rebuild process. I think we can easily get Tobias at a reasonable 4yr/25m flat. I get that we might overpay I just don't see it at this point of our rebuild that marks is wiling to do that.

But we have nothing to base that hope on.

Even in trades (including this last Crabbe to ATL deal) you can always make the argument that he overpays at least just a little bit either to ensure that he gets what he wants.

I hope you’re right as well. I just have nothing to base that faith on.

Well... I think the 4yr/80m extension propose by the clippers is enough implications where his value stands. Once a number is already given it naturally stabilize around those range.

Don’t read too much into that number. That was the most they could offer in an extension, because the raise off of his 2018-19 salary is limited.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#186 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:05 am

tmorgan wrote:If you guys pay what I expect it will take to sign Tobias (4/120ish), you'll be his sixth team before turning 27.

I guarantee you'll want him on his seventh team before he turns 29. I get he's local, I get that you need to spend now, and there's a lot to like, but he isn't going to move the needle for you much. At that price, you need a better return.

Nets would be ok with number, although it’s slightly less than ideal. 4/$120 would start at $28mil. To me the ideal scenario is starts a few million less, where the Nets can retain DLo and sign Kyrie and Tobias while only having to move Dinwiddie for a future pick.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#187 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:30 am

Read on Twitter

Kyrie to Nets is pretty much official.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Pt. II – The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD) 

Post#188 » by Paradise » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:49 am

Kyrie joins Roc Nation? He’s coming.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#189 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 am

tmorgan wrote:If you guys pay what I expect it will take to sign Tobias (4/120ish), you'll be his sixth team before turning 27.

I guarantee you'll want him on his seventh team before he turns 29. I get he's local, I get that you need to spend now, and there's a lot to like, but he isn't going to move the needle for you much. At that price, you need a better return.

our entire team is guys other teams didnt want or multiple teams didnt want...

dinwiddie, harris, russell, carroll, dudley, graham....

harris will be great here, and a long time net
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#190 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:45 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
DeRoma wrote:I think Marks overpaying guys is over. That was when we are still in a rebuild process. I think we can easily get Tobias at a reasonable 4yr/25m flat. I get that we might overpay I just don't see it at this point of our rebuild that marks is wiling to do that.

But we have nothing to base that hope on.

Even in trades (including this last Crabbe to ATL deal) you can always make the argument that he overpays at least just a little bit either to ensure that he gets what he wants.

I hope you’re right as well. I just have nothing to base that faith on.
I think it's safe to say that Sean has his own "value" and doesnt go by perceived media/public values.

He was high on Crabbe for whatever reason...didnt work out.

He was also higher on Caris and Allen (both he had supposedly top 10 if not higher) in internal boards.

Higher on Rodi and Musa, and both look promising.

High on Whitehead too, that not too much.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#191 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:57 am

I think it's time we make a thread welcoming Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn, why not?
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#192 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:01 am

Papi_swav wrote:I think it's time we make a thread welcoming Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn, why not?
Jinx or reverse-jinx?

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,837

Post#193 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:01 am

Holy **** it's happening
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#194 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:18 am

Knick fans went from thinking they were going to get Irving and Durant to now debating on their board about whether to sign Russell and Randle.

funny af....

N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#195 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 am

It would be a nice pivot by the Knicks if we did sign Irving and KD to go after DLo.

But personally, I would love to see DLo sign with the Mavs to build a long term core of him Doncic and the 7ft unicorn, would be a real interesting team.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#196 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:39 am

DW can be traded on 6/13..is marks gonna pull the trigger? DW to Suns for #6, for more cap space, for a high pick? #6 from suns could help us land AD..but doubt Suns gonna trade with us.
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#197 » by JoseRizal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:39 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Knick fans went from thinking they were going to get Irving and Durant to now debating on their board about whether to sign Russell and Randle.

funny af....

And sounded very confident in acquiring Dlo as if he’s not an RFA and the Nets would just let him go like that... lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#198 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:51 am

JoseRizal wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Knick fans went from thinking they were going to get Irving and Durant to now debating on their board about whether to sign Russell and Randle.

funny af....

And sounded very confident in acquiring Dlo as if he’s not an RFA and the Nets would just let him go like that... lol:

they're clueless, but funny af.

I remember they laughed at us for weeks. now look at them.

SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#199 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:59 am

IceManBK1 wrote:DW can be traded on 6/13..is marks gonna pull the trigger? DW to Suns for #6, for more cap space, for a high pick? #6 from suns could help us land AD..but doubt Suns gonna trade with us.

Suns trading #6 for Spencer isn't gonna happen. But we are also not getting AD.

I feel like we need Elsa from Frozen these days....let it go...let it go....

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#200 » by Jersey Generals » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 am

N Ireland Nets wrote:It would be a nice pivot by the Knicks if we did sign Irving and KD to go after DLo.

But personally, I would love to see DLo sign with the Mavs to build a long term core of him Doncic and the 7ft unicorn, would be a real interesting team.

Holy ****, great to see you posting, buddy.

Return to Brooklyn Nets