Shams: KD Undergoes Successful Surgery for Ruptured Achilles

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Re: Shams: KD Undergoes Successful Surgery for Ruptured Achilles 

Post#61 » by Madhouse » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 pm

KD probably won't win another MVP but he will still be a super elite player. His best days are gone because I don't think he will the same defensively. But offensively he will still be a super elite skilled player with unlimited range. Won't blow by many but doesn't have to. Nobody blocks his shots, he'll still be effective and average something between 23-25 per game on less usage and minutes.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#62 » by BallSacBounce » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Guest202 wrote:
Ridicululz wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
Speaking from experience, it takes a full year to “get right”, but even then, the ligament is still weak and susceptible to be injure again. It takes an additional year to get the tendon back at (somewhat) “full capacity”. By then, Kevin will be going on 33.

This is such a huge blow to the NBA as a whole. We're going to be missing the prime years of one of the best to ever do it.

I can only imagine how KD feels.

Assemble a team of no-nonsense corporate lawyers to sue GSW scumbag ownergroup for $1 billion.

You win!!!! Congratulations!!!!

You've just ended professional sports.

Do you understand how?
Priest24
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#63 » by Priest24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:25 pm

Drygon wrote:
tyguy wrote:I don't get the whole prayers up thing. He isn't going to die. that being said I hope he is able to recover from this and play at a high level. It would be nice if someone can come back from this injury and still resemble the player they were before.

Dominique Wilkins ruptured his Achilles and then averaged 30 the next year.

But sadly, he's the only NBA player who didn't become a shell before receiving that nasty Achilles injury.

Bernard King came back from worse and was still very good.
My opinion may not be your opinion or their opinion but I have it.
Bolts
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,051

Post#64 » by Bolts » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 pm

Any Raptor fans at the hospital cheering?
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#65 » by LKN » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:39 pm

Drygon wrote:
niQ wrote:From KD's IG.

F*ck, it hurts to see Durant like that.

Having surgery of any sort sucks ass.... esp if they can't do it with scopes (the scope based surgery still sucks but is 100x better than getting a full incision).

I had a to have a small section of my small intestine removed once (only about 3-4 inches).... the incision bothered me when lifting weights for like 6 months (on the other hand my intestine was fully healed like it never happened in like a week lol)
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 3,987

Post#66 » by vxmike » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:50 pm

Madhouse wrote:KD probably won't win another MVP but he will still be a super elite player. His best days are gone because I don't think he will the same defensively. But offensively he will still be a super elite skilled player with unlimited range. Won't blow by many but doesn't have to. Nobody blocks his shots, he'll still be effective and average something between 23-25 per game on less usage and minutes.

Nobody outside of Dominique has ever been elite after an Achilles. Has anyone even made an All Star team? It’s so unlikely. It’s a devastating injury.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#67 » by Madhouse » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:52 pm

vxmike wrote:
Madhouse wrote:KD probably won't win another MVP but he will still be a super elite player. His best days are gone because I don't think he will the same defensively. But offensively he will still be a super elite skilled player with unlimited range. Won't blow by many but doesn't have to. Nobody blocks his shots, he'll still be effective and average something between 23-25 per game on less usage and minutes.

Nobody outside of Dominique has ever been elite after an Achilles. Has anyone even made an All Star team? It’s so unlikely. It’s a devastating injury.

who was as good as Durant? Nobody.
hoop_head
RealGM
And1: 2,235

Post#68 » by hoop_head » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:03 pm

I was at home with Mrs. Hoop watching the game when the injury happened. My heart came up in my throat, said a few words that can't be repeated here, and just sat in disbelief. Wishing KD the best possible recovery, period.
vxmike
Head Coach

Post#69 » by vxmike » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:07 pm

Madhouse wrote:
vxmike wrote:

Uhhh....Kobe?
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#70 » by Madhouse » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12 pm

vxmike wrote:
Madhouse wrote:
vxmike wrote:

Uhhh....Kobe?

Not as good as Durant and 3+ years older.
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#71 » by Drygon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:28 pm

Madhouse wrote:
vxmike wrote:
Madhouse wrote:

Uhhh....Kobe?

A 34-year-old Kobe avg. 27/6/6 with 57% TS while carrying Lakers by himself until he got that Achilles injury.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#72 » by Madhouse » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:48 pm

Drygon wrote:
Madhouse wrote:
vxmike wrote:
Uhhh....Kobe?

A 34-year-old Kobe avg. 27/6/6 with 57% TS while carrying Lakers by himself until he got that Achilles injury.

which would be KD's worst TS% since his rookie season.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,876

Post#73 » by Jose7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:50 pm

I work with these hospital beds daily. No way in hell his tall ass is fitting in that bed.. lol
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#74 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:53 pm

niQ wrote:From KD's IG.

Devastating. They only good thing is that he is alive and he can begin with his recovery...

Sent from my SM-G930F using RealGM mobile app
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,114

Post#75 » by Edrees » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:59 pm

I really, really hope there's just something about his style of play that the achilles doesn't affect him that much. Wishing the best for an odds defying recovery for him.

Drygon wrote:
Madhouse wrote:
vxmike wrote:
Uhhh....Kobe?

Who is better is irrelevant, so lets not get into the discussion please. Even if one thinks that Durant is better now than Kobe was at 34, it's the drop off Kobe had from what he was to what he became that's concerning. Even if Durant his 50% of the dropoff that Kobe had, he's no longer an all star player.

Kobe went from 57% TS to like 35% when he came back. If Durant drops even half of that for X reasons (being younger etc), he won't be that good.
vxmike
Head Coach

Post#76 » by vxmike » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:02 am

Madhouse wrote:
vxmike wrote:
Madhouse wrote:

Uhhh....Kobe?

Ok. Lol. Kobe was killing it that season. I’d take that Kobe over KD any day. KD is a great player but no doubt some of his #s such as TS% are inflated due to playing on a stacked GSW team. He would face way more defensive attention on a lesser team like Kobe was that year.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#77 » by Madhouse » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:08 am

vxmike wrote:
Madhouse wrote:
vxmike wrote:
Uhhh....Kobe?

Ok. Lol. Kobe was killing it that season. I’d take that Kobe over KD any day. KD is a great player but no doubt some of his #s such as TS% are inflated due to playing on a stacked GSW team. He would face way more defensive attention on a lesser team like Kobe was that year.

He had similar shooting numbers when he was on OKC.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#78 » by a8bil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:11 am

Drygon wrote:
Madhouse wrote:
vxmike wrote:
Uhhh....Kobe?

So a 34 year old Kobe tears his achilles, returns, then breaks his tibial plateau, and finally plays again at age 36, where he averages 22.3 per game, and above his career avgs. in RBs and Assts..and we're to derive what from this information? Let's agree that an elite player (and one who relied on elite athleticism) who has near 20 years of wear and tear on his body will eventually start to break down and cannot keep up their same pace at age 37. In fact, I think if you look at most of the top players around the league, their #s fall of dramatically somewhere between 34 and 36 years old.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,567

Post#79 » by homecourtloss » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:05 am

Guest202 wrote:
Soca wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:All the posters on here having a laugh over this while the guy just got out of surgery are the real joke.

Who's laughing? I see more people interested in the blame game.

Lots of trolls on social media are attacking him. It’s pretty gross.

Yeah, it is, but that’s social media and the internet—nihilistic, no consequences modus operandi.

Also, you’ve spent quite a few of your posts attacking a certain player, so don’t be hypocritical.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#80 » by whatisacenter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:14 am

Bolts wrote:Any Raptor fans at the hospital cheering?

Damn, I’ve been feeling really down about KD’s injury but this...this made me laugh for a second.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe

Return to The General Board