Tony Parker with another shot at Kawhi

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,824

Re: Tony Parker with another shot at Kawhi 

Post#21 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 am

So where's the shot? If we're talking about him liking Bayless's tweet, who's to say he didn't like it because of Bayless showing his appreciation?

Seems like a reach here.
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,997

Post#22 » by JaysRule15 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 am

mtron929 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:I don't get it, what am I missing here?

He liked the tweet Skip Bayless posted in the picture that talks about Kawhi not wanting to play with a "thigh bruise"

Isn't this a bit disingenous. Bayless thanked Parker as such Parker can like that portion of the post.

80% of that tweet is Skip taking a shot at Kawhi and comparing how Parker and Kawhi handled their injuries. Parker liking that tweet after he himself compared his and Kawhi's injuries last year definitely has a connection imo.
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#23 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 am

Harden2Dwight wrote:This seems like a reach. Terrible thread.

I'm sure only Raptors fans it this way with rose-colored glasses on.

Explain how it's a reach. He liked a tweet taking a shot at Kawhi. Considering his previous comments it's not a reach at all.

S/O to TZ!
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#24 » by WeTheNorth123 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:03 am

mtron929 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:

He liked the tweet Skip Bayless posted in the picture that talks about Kawhi not wanting to play with a "thigh bruise"

Isn't this a bit disingenous. Bayless thanked Parker as such Parker can like that portion of the post.

you normally wouldnt like those types of posts regardless

like i wouldnt like a comment that said....."Go Raptors and the Hitler was pretty awesome"

cause you know, im still not 100% sure about the raptors...lol im kidding,, you know what i mean
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#25 » by everdiso » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:04 am

Kawhi gets proven right more and more every day.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
mtron929
Head Coach
And1: 5,269

Post#26 » by mtron929 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:04 am

JaysRule15 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:

80% of that tweet is Skip taking a shot at Kawhi and comparing how Parker and Kawhi handled their injuries. Parker liking that tweet after he himself compared his and Kawhi's injuries last year definitely has a connection imo.

Regardless of what 80% of that tweet is, Skip directly refers to Tony Parker, and thanks him for his service. Tony Parker probably has a lot of things going on in his life and just liked Skip's tweet without thinking much into it. I mean, are you guys this sensitive to everyone around you as well? Like if this was your friend, you would go on a rant about how **** up it is?
mtron929
Head Coach

Post#27 » by mtron929 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:07 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:

like i wouldnt like a comment that said....."Go Raptors and the Hitler was pretty awesome"

cause you know, im still not 100% sure about the raptors...lol im kidding,, you know what i mean

Do you really think that what Parker did should warrant a discussion about him taking another shot at Kawhi? I mean, is this the kind of society that you like where we get hyper sensitive about liking a tweet that directly addressed and thanked him?
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,684

Post#28 » by California Gold » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:07 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
Harden2Dwight wrote:This seems like a reach. Terrible thread.

I'm sure only Raptors fans it this way with rose-colored glasses on.

Explain how it's a reach. He liked a tweet taking a shot at Kawhi. Considering his previous comments it's not a reach at all.

Seems to me that he liked it because someone thanked him for a wonderful career. This is a reach to me. To each their own kiddo.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,046

Post#29 » by Cubbies2120 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:

The tweet barely addresses Tony... It's just a shot at Kawhi

Barely addresses Tony... umm sure, if you ignore the first half of the tweet. Hardly a surprise, since Raps fans are used to ignoring half of the facts when it comes to Nephew.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#30 » by Chandan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 am

azcatz11 wrote:The only people who like Parker are Spurs fan tbh

i love his game. but jeez he's a snake if there ever was one.
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 384

Post#31 » by pad300 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 am

It appears that some raptors fans don't understand that that's Skip Bayless talking to TP, not TP saying something himself... I guess they are not that smart.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#32 » by The Laker Kid » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:10 am

Jazz9 wrote:

You and me both :confused:

Count me in. I guess I'm too old for social media.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,997

Post#33 » by JaysRule15 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:10 am

mtron929 wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:

Regardless of what 80% of that tweet is, Skip directly refers to Tony Parker, and thanks him for his service. Tony Parker probably has a lot of things going on in his life and just liked Skip's tweet without thinking much into it. I mean, are you guys this sensitive to everyone around you as well? Like if this was your friend, you would go on a rant about how **** up it is?

I can't see into Tony Parker's mind and neither can you. NBA players are held to a different standard from fans when it comes to social media. Obviously people read more into their social media actions. If Parker didn't agree with the part of the tweet that took shots at Kawhi, the he shouldn't have liked it. This is not a good look for him, since it allows people to draw their own conclusions.
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#34 » by WeTheNorth123 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:10 am

mtron929 wrote:
WeTheNorth123 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:

Do you really think that what Parker did should warrant a discussion about him taking another shot at Kawhi? I mean, is this the kind of society that you like where we get hyper sensitive about liking a tweet that directly addressed and thanked him?

i really dont care one way or another...but i guess people do since there is history there. this surely does not help his case
BVB24
Veteran
And1: 6,035

Post#35 » by BVB24 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:10 am

Hope you stretched before this reach.
mtron929
Head Coach

Post#36 » by mtron929 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:11 am

JaysRule15 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:

I can't see into Tony Parker's mind and neither can you. NBA players are held to a different standard from fans when it comes to social media. Obviously people read more into their social media actions. If Parker didn't agree with the part of the tweet that took shots at Kawhi, the he shouldn't have liked it. This is not a good look for him, since it allows people to draw their own conclusions.

No, but I am giving him a benefit of a doubt. And you are not. And I would like to live in a society where more people shrug this kind of thing off, but apparently you don't.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#37 » by LastNameEver » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:11 am

Raptor fans you are a game away from a title. Give the crying a rest for a minute as well as the need to play victim all the time. Its a like.
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#38 » by zhenyasj » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:12 am

JaysRule15 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:

But let's assume the worst possible scenario and get outraged. :crazy:
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,826

Post#39 » by SK21209 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 am

:lol: Are some Raptor fans really so pathetic that they seize on Tony liking a Skip Bayless tweet as some sort of actual evidence that the Spurs tried to force Kawhi to play injured? Jesus guys, your team is in the finals. It's getting sad. Rule of thumb: if you're rushing to a message board to post a screenshot of a grown man's likes on instagram, maybe take a second to reassess your priorities.

For the 1000th time this week, the problem was that Kawhi isolated himself from the team and cut off communication, even BEFORE the comments Tony made. No one on the Spurs questioned the legitimacy of his injury.
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#40 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:

The tweet barely addresses Tony... It's just a shot at Kawhi

Barely addresses Tony... umm sure, if you ignore the first half of the tweet. Hardly a surprise, since Raps fans are used to ignoring half of the facts when it comes to Nephew.
What about taking things into context when remembering his comments, "my injury was 100 times worse"?

I know it's hard watching Kawhi right now but try to look at the whole picture

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app

S/O to TZ!

Return to The General Board