Tony Parker with another shot at Kawhi

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Re: Tony Parker with another shot at Kawhi 

Post#41 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 am

mtron929 wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:
Isn't this a bit disingenous. Bayless thanked Parker as such Parker can like that portion of the post.

80% of that tweet is Skip taking a shot at Kawhi and comparing how Parker and Kawhi handled their injuries. Parker liking that tweet after he himself compared his and Kawhi's injuries last year definitely has a connection imo.

Regardless of what 80% of that tweet is, Skip directly refers to Tony Parker, and thanks him for his service. Tony Parker probably has a lot of things going on in his life and just liked Skip's tweet without thinking much into it. I mean, are you guys this sensitive to everyone around you as well? Like if this was your friend, you would go on a rant about how **** up it is?

The guy came out in public out of his own free will and took a shot at kawhi, saying the exact same thing as what skiup commented, skiup a known kawhi Hater... unless you're saying parker can't read or is a dumbass then sure. Long time NBA fans know parker ain't this angel, he knows what he's doing. I think it's relevant considering the kawhi situation and KD injury to address this even more. Kawhi looks like he was right all along. I'm gonna pay attention to it not just because he's a Toronto Raptor but he's one of the two top players in the game, the other player kd got hurt going through exactly what kawhi went through, forcing himself back early.
Read
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#42 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 am

Did the OP not understand how to read the Twitter timeline?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,005

Post#43 » by Pharmcat » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:15 am

and yet SAS kicked him to the curb and he had to go to the Hornets....how that work out for your Parker? You couldnt even retire with the team that you did the dirty work for
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#44 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:15 am

Harden2Dwight wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
Harden2Dwight wrote:This seems like a reach. Terrible thread.

I'm sure only Raptors fans it this way with rose-colored glasses on.

Explain how it's a reach. He liked a tweet taking a shot at Kawhi. Considering his previous comments it's not a reach at all.

Seems to me that he liked it because someone thanked him for a wonderful career. This is a reach to me. To each their own kiddo.
To each their own indeed my son.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app

S/O to TZ!
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,997

Post#45 » by JaysRule15 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:17 am

mtron929 wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:
Regardless of what 80% of that tweet is, Skip directly refers to Tony Parker, and thanks him for his service. Tony Parker probably has a lot of things going on in his life and just liked Skip's tweet without thinking much into it. I mean, are you guys this sensitive to everyone around you as well? Like if this was your friend, you would go on a rant about how **** up it is?

I can't see into Tony Parker's mind and neither can you. NBA players are held to a different standard from fans when it comes to social media. Obviously people read more into their social media actions. If Parker didn't agree with the part of the tweet that took shots at Kawhi, the he shouldn't have liked it. This is not a good look for him, since it allows people to draw their own conclusions.

No, but I am giving him a benefit of a doubt. And you are not. And I would like to live in a society where more people shrug this kind of thing off, but apparently you don't.

Interesting. Let me ask you a hypothetical question. Lets say a Toronto-based analyst sends a tweet at Kawhi saying "Great job this season Kawhi. The Spurs didn't care about you last season and were trying to jeopardize your health by forcing you to play. You deserved better." Now, if Kawhi likes this tweet, are you going to shrug it off as Kawhi simply acknowledging a compliment and not taking a shot at the Spurs?
mtron929
Head Coach
And1: 5,269

Post#46 » by mtron929 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:19 am

JaysRule15 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:
I can't see into Tony Parker's mind and neither can you. NBA players are held to a different standard from fans when it comes to social media. Obviously people read more into their social media actions. If Parker didn't agree with the part of the tweet that took shots at Kawhi, the he shouldn't have liked it. This is not a good look for him, since it allows people to draw their own conclusions.

No, but I am giving him a benefit of a doubt. And you are not. And I would like to live in a society where more people shrug this kind of thing off, but apparently you don't.

Interesting. Let me ask you a hypothetical question. Lets say a Toronto-based analyst sends a tweet at Kawhi saying "Great job this season Kawhi. The Spurs didn't care about you last season and were trying to jeopardize your health by forcing you to play. You deserved better." Now, if Kawhi likes this tweet, are you going to shrug it off as Kawhi simply acknowledging a compliment and not taking a shot at the Spurs?

Yep. I would. I just don't like it when people read too much into tweets. I think we should all not take these type of things too seriously as there are more concerning issues in life.
BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#47 » by BayArea408415 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:19 am

People see what they want. None of us can read Tony Parker's mind. He could have only liked Skip's tweet for the portion related to thanking Parker or for both that and the shot at Kawhi. Without knowing, it's a reach. Nothing to really debate over.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#48 » by LKN » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:20 am

FFS... a thread over a social media like? Get a hobby
VinBaker6
RealGM

Post#49 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:21 am

DusterBuster wrote:Did the OP not understand how to read the Twitter timeline?

Please enlighten me

S/O to TZ!
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,766

Post#50 » by HotelVitale » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:21 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:this is the wrong time to criticize anyone for not rushing back from an injury like how poetic that KD goes down...almost like the baseball gods are validating Leonard in every way....

Really, guys? These are not remotely comparable situations: KD had a bunch of people across the board telling him there were major risks for him playing, and that his injury usually took much much longer to recover from; the reports we've seen said that the Spurs medical staff had cleared Kawhi fully for a return months earlier, that no one had any idea why he kept pushing back his return, and that the usual recovery timeline had past months before he even considered returning. I'm not saying Kawhi didn't have his reasons--and you shouldn't say one way or another because you totally 100% don't know--but they had to be in contradiction to the medical staff and what usually happens with quad injuries. If Kawhi was really still injured it was a weird medical mystery that dragged on for a truly bizarre length of time; KD was playing on a known injury before the accepted healing time had past and no doctor would be at all surprised that he aggravated the injury.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,048

Post#51 » by Cubbies2120 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
The tweet barely addresses Tony... It's just a shot at Kawhi

Barely addresses Tony... umm sure, if you ignore the first half of the tweet. Hardly a surprise, since Raps fans are used to ignoring half of the facts when it comes to Nephew.
What about taking things into context when remembering his comments, "my injury was 100 times worse"?

I know it's hard watching Kawhi right now but try to look at the whole picture

Thank you for proving my point by ignoring the other half of that Tony Parker quote.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#52 » by Dupp » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:24 am

Tony Parker is a scumbag so who cares.
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,997

Post#53 » by JaysRule15 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 am

mtron929 wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:

Yep. I would. I just don't like it when people read too much into tweets. I think we should all not take these type of things too seriously as there are more concerning issues in life.

That's a good mindset to have and I commend you for it. Unfortunately, social media is a big aspect of our society. And actions performed on social media are taken seriously. People have been fired from jobs and suspended from school for liking certain tweets.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#54 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:26 am

VinBaker6 wrote:

Please enlighten me

Your screenshot was of a picture of a Skip Bayless tweet. Where in your screenshot is Parker taking a shot at Leonard?

Please.... enlighten me.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#55 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:26 am

Dupp wrote:Tony Parker is a scumbag so who cares.

Wasn't he having an affair with Brent Barry's wife while they were teammates?
VinBaker6
RealGM

Post#56 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:28 am

DusterBuster wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:

Please enlighten me

Your screenshot was of a picture of a Skip Bayless tweet. Where in your screenshot is Parker taking a shot at Leonard?

Please.... enlighten me.
Wait I thought I was the one who didn't know how to read Twitter lmao

S/O to TZ!
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,013

Post#57 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:37 am

Can you provide context before jumping to conclusions? Did Parker just like a ton of retweets? I'm I'm glancing at my phone and getting thousands of alerts (I don't I'm not that popular) from announcing my retirement and see someone start out saying how awesome I am, I click like and keep scrolling.

IF this was all he liked than maybe you are onto something.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#58 » by Dupp » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:38 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Dupp wrote:Tony Parker is a scumbag so who cares.

Wasn't he having an affair with Brent Barry's wife while they were teammates?

Yup. He’s a low character guy. Kawhi shouldn’t concern himself with Parker’s views. He got himself healthy and is on the verge of winning a title with the raptors.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#59 » by LakerLegend » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:41 am

Please lock this silly thread, even if Parker liked it that doesn't mean his like had anything to do with Kawhi, just appreciating skip giving him props.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#60 » by Chuck Everett » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:42 am

Sensitive as ****. This is what happens when the NBA spaces these games so damn far out in advance.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."

Return to The General Board