ImageImageImageImageImage

Durant Surgery `a success'

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Durant Surgery `a success' 

Post#1 » by PizzaSteve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:28 pm

Per 95.7 Durant shared a tweet confirmation of his ruptured arch, and is already recovering from surgery. Wishing him the best of recoveries.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Re: Durant Surgery `a success' 

Post#2 » by floppymoose » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:00 am

This is the surgery I had: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140904183556.htm

I'm hoping he had the same thing because I think it has a better track record than the prior method of tying the two torn ends together. I was playing again 9 months later. I am much more ground-bound, but my rehab was pretty minimal and also I'm so old that I would be getting ground-bound anyway. My hunch is that if I were age 30 and made it my job to recover, I would be at 90% or so of my previous jump. That should be enough for KD to be effective.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#3 » by jamesnamida » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:16 am

hope for an amazing recovery.

take the 5 year max KD, redshirt next year ( maybe come back for the playoffs if you're 100%), and have the option of trading to any team in 2020 if you do want to leave.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#4 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:27 am

floppymoose wrote:This is the surgery I had: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140904183556.htm

I'm hoping he had the same thing because I think it has a better track record than the prior method of tying the two torn ends together. I was playing again 9 months later. I am much more ground-bound, but my rehab was pretty minimal and also I'm so old that I would be getting ground-bound anyway. My hunch is that if I were age 30 and made it my job to recover, I would be at 90% or so of my previous jump. That should be enough for KD to be effective.

After having ACL surgery I just cringe whenever I see our read any of this stuff. Not fun.

KD's in bed and in pain right now. These next few weeks are going to be a bitch
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#5 » by michaelm » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:11 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
floppymoose wrote:This is the surgery I had: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140904183556.htm

After having ACL surgery I just cringe whenever I see our read any of this stuff. Not fun.

KD's in bed and in pain right now. These next few weeks are going to be a bitch

Pain not so bad after a day or so with a tendon injury. Very long and tedious rehab though, tendons have poor blood supply and take a long time to heal, perhaps not as hard for a disciplined athlete like KD as it was for me being middle aged and unfit when I tore a tendon, although I was not unfit when I was 29 myself.

Return to Golden State Warriors