Shams: KD Undergoes Successful Surgery for Ruptured Achilles

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,209

Re: Shams: KD Undergoes Successful Surgery for Ruptured Achilles 

Post#81 » by Knicks Byke » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:46 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Knicks Byke wrote:hope he walks after this season. F GSW

Why don’t you read the comments on IG from KD himself before making comments like these. You probably just bitter because you thought you were going to end up with KD, Kyrie and
Zion when you will probably end up with the same old Knicks

ouch you got me bro.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,843

Post#82 » by Shock Defeat » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:53 am

LofJ wrote:
Pantsman wrote:Will he be ready for game 6?

Kerr said he won't be 100 percent, but team doctors gave him the go ahead to play.

They are leaving the door open for him to potentially return these playoffs
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#83 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:39 am

Read on Twitter

O'Malley is the Nets team doctor, who fixed Durant's, Lopez's & LeVert's foot fractures, & treated LeVert's ankle dislocation. From a rehab perspective, you wonder if that trust would influence KD's decision. Personally, I don't want the Nets to let DLo go for Kyrie & a rehabbing KD.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,452

Post#84 » by whocurrz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:57 am

For players who were good after an Achilles surgery, the data is kinda limited and decency bias makes him look bad since he tore a quad muscle a month ago, but Cousins looked pretty solid athletically after the surgery. He was lower on the totem pole so he didn’t get the shot attempts but was putting up good numbers at the end of the season. Like KD, he has size and skill for that size so he any decline in athleticism wasn’t a career killer. His first game back he had pretty good lateral quickness. His finishing was a little weak inside but KD can pull up and doesn’t need to finish in traffic a ton to still be a very good player.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#85 » by mtcan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:00 am

I'm getting word that Warriors team doctors have cleared KD medically to play.

Stephen A just said that KD at 5% and under anesthesia is still better than Jonas Jerebko.

Time to lace them up KD.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,094

Post#86 » by The Moose » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:03 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Soca wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:All the posters on here having a laugh over this while the guy just got out of surgery are the real joke.

Who's laughing? I see more people interested in the blame game.

Plenty of people making jokes that he will be back for game 6.

those jokes are having fun at the expense of the Warriors organisation, they aren't directed at Durant.

The fact is they told KD the worst thing that could happen is re-aggravating his calf. Perhaps if they had been more clear about the possibility of a ruptured achilles he wouldn't have played
jefe
General Manager
And1: 634

Post#87 » by jefe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:05 am

So was it a full tear or a partial tear? Even after Durant sat down after tearing it, he was able to move his foot up and down without much of a grimace, which makes me think it was partial. Compare his reaction to Kobe, who's foot was virtually limp and hanging off of him after the tear.
OKC
Sophomore
And1: 149

Post#88 » by OKC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:11 am

jefe wrote:So was it a full tear or a partial tear? Even after Durant sat down after tearing it, he was able to move his foot up and down without much of a grimace, which makes me think it was partial. Compare his reaction to Kobe, who's foot was virtually limp and hanging off of him after the tear.

I'm not a doctor or any type of medical professional. But the way his calf rippled makes me think it was a full tear. It looked awful.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,649

Post#89 » by hype_2004 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:21 am

infinite11285 wrote:
Berserk_Raptor wrote:so, how long will he be out? a full season?

Speaking from experience, it takes a full year to “get right”, but even then, the ligament is still weak and susceptible to be injured again. It takes an additional year to get the tendon back to (somewhat) “full capacity”. By then, Kevin will be going on 33.

This is a 2 year recovery period, 1 year of healing and another year to get back into condition. Yes Durant will be 33 by the time he is fully "healthy" assuming there's no other complications.
SleepingDragon
Senior
And1: 490

Post#90 » by SleepingDragon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:24 am

jefe wrote:So was it a full tear or a partial tear? Even after Durant sat down after tearing it, he was able to move his foot up and down without much of a grimace, which makes me think it was partial. Compare his reaction to Kobe, who's foot was virtually limp and hanging off of him after the tear.

They wouldn't use the word "ruptured" to describe a partially torn achilles.
hype_2004
RealGM

Post#91 » by hype_2004 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:25 am

Guest202 wrote:
Ridicululz wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
Speaking from experience, it takes a full year to “get right”, but even then, the ligament is still weak and susceptible to be injure again. It takes an additional year to get the tendon back at (somewhat) “full capacity”. By then, Kevin will be going on 33.

This is such a huge blow to the NBA as a whole. We're going to be missing the prime years of one of the best to ever do it.

I can only imagine how KD feels.

Assemble a team of no-nonsense corporate lawyers to sue GSW scumbag ownergroup for $1 billion.

This ^^^ can KD sue the scumbag owners, any opinion on this matter?
hype_2004
RealGM

Post#92 » by hype_2004 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 am

kobe808lak wrote:This should be a huge stain on the GSW organization as a whole. What a mess. This injury should of never had the chance of happening.

Bunch of greedy SOBs who did not care about someone's welfare knowing that person is not coming back. They pressured him to play, KD obliged as his pride was questioned. Warriors knowing full well that if KD played decent they will win the series and if he get injured further, no loss as he's not coming back anyways and just maybe his injury/sacrifice will inspire the Warriors. They used the guy like a cheap whore, smdh at these scumbag Warrior owners all of them not just that Stevens ****.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#93 » by KillMonger » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:31 am

hype_2004 wrote:
Guest202 wrote:
Ridicululz wrote:
This is such a huge blow to the NBA as a whole. We're going to be missing the prime years of one of the best to ever do it.

I can only imagine how KD feels.

Assemble a team of no-nonsense corporate lawyers to sue GSW scumbag ownergroup for $1 billion.

This ^^^ can KD sue the scumbag owners, any opinion on this matter?

sue? for real? KD's own doctors cleared him to play....stop the nonsense head canon...it's just unfortunate all around...no need to put the tin foil hat on, use it to bake some potatoes or something
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,010

Post#94 » by Lalouie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:49 am

has any doctor ever come out after a surgery and say "the operation went really badly"
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#95 » by Drygon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 am

Lalouie wrote:has any doctor ever come out after a surgery and say "the operation went really badly"

donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,143

Post#96 » by donnieme » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:29 am

Rupture is a full tear
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#97 » by Mr Loggins » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:05 am

i know he’s KD and i’m me, but i was dc’d home from the pacu after my achilles repair.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,148

Post#98 » by ElectricMayhem » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:20 am

tyguy wrote:I don't get the whole prayers up thing. He isn't going to die.

Will increase his recovery rate by 18%.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#99 » by Hero » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:30 am

Is that consistent terminology with what was used for previous Achilles injuries?
donnieme wrote:

Rupture is a full tear
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,143

Post#100 » by donnieme » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:23 am

Hero wrote:Is that consistent terminology with what was used for previous Achilles injuries?
donnieme wrote:

Rupture is a full tear

https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/picture-of-the-achilles-tendon
Conicidentally read up on it yesterday
Achilles Tendon Conditions
Achilles tendon tear: Tears of the Achilles tendon can be tiny (microtears), or large, causing pain, swelling, and impaired movement. They may occur suddenly during activity, or gradually over time.

Achilles tendon rupture: A complete rupture of the Achilles tendon may make a "pop" sound, followed by pain and swelling of the lower leg. Treating an Achilles tendon rupture requires surgery or long-term immobilization of the ankle.

Achilles tendinitis (tendonitis): Frequent activity (running or walking) can gradually inflame the end of the Achilles tendon, causing pain and stiffness at the back of the heel. Rest, ice, and stretching may speed healing, which can take weeks.

Achilles peritendonitis: Similar to Achilles tendonitis, but inflammation and pain occur in the tissue surrounding the tendon, often two or more inches above the heel.

Achilles tendinosis: Gradual thickening of the Achilles tendon without apparent inflammation, due to aging or overuse. Despite the thickening, the tendon is weakened and prone to further injury or rupture.

Achilles tendinopathy: A general term for tendinitis or tendinosis affecting the Achilles tendon.
Achilles or heel (calcaneal) bursitis: Low-riding shoes can irritate the bursa, a sac of fluid cushioning the Achilles tendon at the heel. Pain in the back of the heel, worse with shoes on, is the common symptom.

Return to The General Board