Tony Parker with another shot at Kawhi

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Re: Tony Parker with another shot at Kawhi 

Post#101 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 am

JeepCSC wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:Leonard could of been reconsidering his options and evaluating his own health during that time, he still met up with Pop in the beginning of the offseason.

The lack of communication being talked about wasn’t from June 20th-July though, so I’m not sure the point of the article. Kawhi departed for NY in February, the players-only meeting was in March. It was during that time when Kawhi ghosted the Spurs.

So he couldn't play because he was hurt and waited a few months until the season was over to talk to Pop about demanding a trade. I don't see the problem with that, it was already past the trade deadline so they couldn't trade him anyway.
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#102 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:03 am

dhsilv2 wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:This thread is really weird...there's nothing to see here.

Parker liked a comment by skip taking a shot at kawhi and he also never shaked kawhi's hand post game raptors. Tony parker would be a top 200 player without Duncan-Manu and with those guys he's top 90 congratulations. Kawhi was better than parker by 2014, won a ring for him and this is the thanks he gives him, what an ingrate.

Two guys don't care for each other, maybe possibly, were not sure. who gives a crap? When they get into a knife fight to the death let me know. Until this talk about a NOTHING story.

Makes you lose respect for a hall of famer Tony Parker and bad look on his image. Parker is showing he's not grateful at all to Kawhi for being a huge help for the 2014 ring.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,176

Post#103 » by Frank Dux » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:06 am

Chuck Everett wrote:Sensitive as ****. This is what happens when the NBA spaces these games so damn far out in advance.

This is completely warranted. The Spurs wrecked Kawhi’s image after he demanded a trade.

Kawhi is an MVP caliber player, but the Spurs felt like he was just another part of their machine, a product they built. He felt like his body wasn’t ready and he faced ridicule from teammates. He wasn’t embraced like the top tier player he was so he wanted out. The Spurs got too caught up in their own holier than thou culture, they ended up alienating quiet possibly the best player in the league. The way the Spurs handled that situation was laughably bad.

Good to see Kawhi getting the last laugh. It’s just unfortunate to see KD go down on after rushing back. I’m sure if Parker was on the Warriors he would’ve pestered KD to return.
Sulico
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,295

Post#104 » by Sulico » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:09 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
He liked the tweet Skip Bayless posted in the picture that talks about Kawhi not wanting to play with a "thigh bruise"

Isn't this a bit disingenous. Bayless thanked Parker as such Parker can like that portion of the post.

you normally wouldnt like those types of posts regardless

like i wouldnt like a comment that said....."Go Raptors and the Hitler was pretty awesome"

cause you know, im still not 100% sure about the raptors...lol im kidding,, you know what i mean

I totally disagree with you, but I liked your Hitler joke, so I and1 your comment, proving you wrong in the process.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,450

Post#105 » by dhsilv2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:10 am

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
Parker liked a comment by skip taking a shot at kawhi and he also never shaked kawhi's hand post game raptors. Tony parker would be a top 200 player without Duncan-Manu and with those guys he's top 90 congratulations. Kawhi was better than parker by 2014, won a ring for him and this is the thanks he gives him, what an ingrate.

Two guys don't care for each other, maybe possibly, were not sure. who gives a crap? When they get into a knife fight to the death let me know. Until this talk about a NOTHING story.

Makes you lose respect for a hall of famer Tony Parker and bad look on his image. Parker is showing he's not grateful at all to Kawhi for being a huge help for the 2014 ring.

Yeah, nobody cares at all. They don't owe each other anything. If you lost respect for Parker so be it. I personally find that weird...it wasn't like he was exactly a fine upstanding citizen or a role model. He was a great basketball player and that was always were it ended with him. He was never seen the same as Manu or Duncan in terms of being a class act. This however doesn't paint him negatively at all to most I'm sure. I mean do you really think he read all of skip's tweet? Did anyone? I had to go back after the fact to even see the insult because as soon as I saw skip's face I stopped.
JeepCSC
Starter
And1: 1,491

Post#106 » by JeepCSC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:10 am

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
JeepCSC wrote:
HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:Leonard could of been reconsidering his options and evaluating his own health during that time, he still met up with Pop in the beginning of the offseason.

The lack of communication being talked about wasn’t from June 20th-July though, so I’m not sure the point of the article. Kawhi departed for NY in February, the players-only meeting was in March. It was during that time when Kawhi ghosted the Spurs.

So he couldn't play because he was hurt and waited a few months until the season was over to talk to Pop about demanding a trade. I don't see the problem with that, it was already past the trade deadline so they couldn't trade him anyway.

But he refused to tell the Spurs he couldn’t play. So Pop was there in April saying he didn’t know what was happening because he literally did not know what was happening.

Long story short (too late!), Kawhi did not communicate well, if at all, with the Spurs.
Drou
Junior
And1: 400

Post#107 » by Drou » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:13 am

Because he liked a freakin tweet by Skip Bayless? Not guilty I say, get a life dude lol
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,279

Post#108 » by CIN-C-STAR » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:17 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:this is the wrong time to criticize anyone for not rushing back from an injury

like how poetic that KD goes down...almost like the baseball gods are validating Leonard in every way....

you thought he was a system guy...wrong....you thought he couldnt lead a team to a championship...wrong....you should help your team even though your injured...wrong

now lets get the championship

Oh the irony. You do know that Danny Green, Kyle Lowry and Kawhi Leonard are all playing through injuries right now to "get that championship," right?
Some of these posts are really bizarre. Like the OP saying, "Looks like they really did selfishly try and force Kawhi to play."
So Tony Parker, who never made organizational decisions or had input on any teammates medical care, liking a Tweet nearly 2 years later is proof the organization tried to force Kawhi to play through injury :crazy:
Makes literally no sense.
Some of you Raps fans really need to cut the sanctimonious grandstanding. The Raps are a good organization, congratulations, but it's not like they've re-invented the wheel when it comes to running a basketball team. Tbh they got pretty lucky that Kawhi fell in their lap, and good for them. Luck is preparation meets opportunity.
But it's disingenuous, petty, and frankly, pathetic, to try and make your organization look better by smearing other organizations with lies and spin. I don't know why you're so insecure, but it's a bad look.
You're in the Finals. Just try to enjoy it without having to convince yourself the Raptors are the greatest organization mankind has ever assembled, and far superior to every other team. They aren't.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,120

Post#109 » by Plutonashfan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:26 am

WTH did I just read. How did anyone with a functional brain come to this conclusion. Skip thanked him and Parker responded, WOW!
The Champ is HERE!!!
Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,185

Post#110 » by Hobo4President » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:46 am

azcatz11 wrote:The only people who like Parker are Spurs fan tbh

Yeah Parker is scum tbh
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#111 » by Lukeem » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:54 am

Sulico wrote:
WeTheNorth123 wrote:
mtron929 wrote:
Isn't this a bit disingenous. Bayless thanked Parker as such Parker can like that portion of the post.

you normally wouldnt like those types of posts regardless

like i wouldnt like a comment that said....."Go Raptors and the Hitler was pretty awesome"

cause you know, im still not 100% sure about the raptors...lol im kidding,, you know what i mean

I totally disagree with you, but I liked your Hitler joke, so I and1 your comment, proving you wrong in the process.

If tony Parker would have done what you did and taken the time to say “hey skip, in regards to kawhi, like usual you have no clue what you’re talking about. But thanks for the rest of your tweet” then you’d have point. But you and1’ed then had to clarify that you disagree - disproving yourself more than anything

Liking the tweet could mean he agrees with skip and is taking a jab at kawhi, or it could mean he takes after most people around sports and doesn’t really listen/ read anything from skip because it doesn’t deserve any consideration
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#112 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:56 am

Plutonashfan wrote:WTH did I just read. How did anyone with a functional brain come to this conclusion. Skip thanked him and Parker responded, WOW!

He could of thanked Parker without throwing the shot at Kawhi. Don’t know if it’s a lot of Spurs culture ass kissing in here or what ? Tony Parker is a known tool so this is no surprise but he knew what he was doing when he liked the tweet.

It’s blatant disrespect to acknowledge Skip and his crazy mess with Kawhi
ItsMyPotPie
Sixth Man
And1: 1,138

Post#113 » by ItsMyPotPie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:01 am

Hope to see circle jerking threads like these once Kawhi leaves.
Hroz
Pro Prospect
And1: 468

Post#114 » by Hroz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:07 am

Lol

Terrible teammate
But great player.

That's Tony's legacy
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#115 » by whatisacenter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 am

I am so glad that I read this whole thread because I learned a few things along the way:

1. That when I read posted screen shots I not only have to read what someone says themselves but also if they liked something.

2. That you can still have wifi connection when you are on airplane mode.

3. That Tony is going to need to charge his phone soon.

4. That Kawhi, the Raptors and their fans are mistreated and it's just not fair.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
An Unbiased Fan
RealGM
And1: 5,510

Post#116 » by An Unbiased Fan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:12 am

Rap fans take shots at Derozan 24/7, who actually loved that franchise, and have the nerve to get upset over this.
7-time RealGM MVPoster 2009-2016
Inducted into RealGM HOF 1st ballot in 2017
cornchip
Pro Prospect
And1: 516

Post#117 » by cornchip » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:28 am

If he actually did intentionally like that tweet...am I the only one that finds that a little awesome?

It's obvious that he doesn't like Kawhi. Kawhi most assuredly doesn't like TP. No need to be fake about it. Shade it up.

Is it petty? Yes. A little classless? Perhaps. But it's two grown men who don't like each other. Not the end of the world.
kassian
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Post#118 » by kassian » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:33 am

What the hell. How is this a 6 page thread?! :lol:

Seems like OP was looking for something that wasn't there.
Hroz
Pro Prospect
And1: 468

Post#119 » by Hroz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:33 am

An Unbiased Fan wrote:Rap fans take shots at Derozan 24/7, who actually loved that franchise, and have the nerve to get upset over this.

Huh?
What raps fans are taking shots at DeRozan.
There was a push to get a DeRozan statue built when he was traded and they called for Masai's resignation to the point he made himself less accessible and stayed away from media.

Everyone agrees he's a top 20-40 player in the league but not good enough to win a 'ship and Raptors wanted to win a 'ship and unfortunately that meant DeRozan had to be traded for a top 5 talent.

Don't just lie. And think people are going to believe you. Who do you think you are D.Trump?
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,203

Post#120 » by Tracymcgoaty » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:37 am

HBK_Kliq_33 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:This thread is really weird...there's nothing to see here.

Like he said..nothing to see here :lol: :lol: :lol: Dude liked a post on twitter congratulating him for the time he put in as a Spurs...He probably didn't even finish reading the whole comment..Im guessing Tony Parker has better things to do other than trying to be subtle taking shots at Kawhi...get over it.

And to say Kawhi won a ring for parker is just lies. It wasn't a collective team effort nope wasn't that...Spurs didn't play possibly one of the best brands of basketball we've ever seen that year surely couldn't have been that right!! No it was Kawhi the messiah the all knowing master of everything Leonard. He gifted Tony parker a ring.

People gonna end up hating Kawhi because of posts like this.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”

Return to The General Board