bosh vs davis (not player comparison)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

bosh vs davis (not player comparison) 

Post#1 » by jlokine » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:24 am

sooo there's been a lot of talk about how a player is perceived when they want out of a franchise going into a contract year and that perception and narrative is always negative towards the player.

but when bosh played out his contract with the raptors, he was criticized for not informing the front office of his intentions and ppl felt like he led BC on by implying that he was staying (at least in the media anyway).

so what should a player do if he doesnt want to re-sign and not want the heat of the negativity surrounding a requesting a trade? how would you have perceived bosh had he just said, "i dont intend to re-sign, trade me".. is that really better than what bosh ended up doing (playing to the end of his contract)? (this is all in light of nothing gets kept to the chest anymore with agents and insiders)
ballbrah
Junior
And1: 1,006

Re: bosh vs davis (not player comparison) 

Post#2 » by ballbrah » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 am

There will be people who hate on both sides. So there is no winning. No breakup is fun. That’s life.
http://www.havejerseys.com - Home to your favorite Throwback & Movie Jerseys! Always high quality, always low prices :nod:
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,570

Post#3 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:00 am

Its just a crap transition that has happened in sports.

Ideally what happens is AD goes to the front office and says he wants to be traded. Nothing gets leaked, no WOJ bombs, nothing. Pelicans then shop AD around for the best offer.

Reality is AD goes and requests a trade, Rich Paul leaks it to WOJ, he demands LA or NY and here we are.

The crappy thing is two years ago the Pelicans looked like they were coming up. Even losing Demarcus they swept the Blazers and were unlucky to face an all time great team in the Warriors at full health. It truly makes you wonder what would have happened if Demarcus never tore his achillies. Maybe he resigns for the max, then AD follows suit. Instead he tears his achillies, and then Pelicans don't want to pay him (rightfully so) and i'm sure that left a bad taste for AD.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,049

Post#4 » by Lalouie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:46 am

jlokine wrote:sooo there's been a lot of talk about how a player is perceived when they want out of a franchise going into a contract year and that perception and narrative is always negative towards the player.

but when bosh played out his contract with the raptors, he was criticized for not informing the front office of his intentions and ppl felt like he led BC on by implying that he was staying (at least in the media anyway).

so what should a player do if he doesnt want to re-sign and not want the heat of the negativity surrounding a requesting a trade? how would you have perceived bosh had he just said, "i dont intend to re-sign, trade me".. is that really better than what bosh ended up doing (playing to the end of his contract)? (this is all in light of nothing gets kept to the chest anymore with agents and insiders)

for one thing, some people are liked and others aren't. nixon did not have a likable personality. neither did carl lewis. neither does zach lavine. from my pov, bosh was liked by the fans - that's just me talking to my friends in toronto and others. davis WAS like but he made a perceptively BAD move to join a group A LOT of people dislike, and from them cam the demand to be traded to lal. also the whole announcement came off as "brattish".

so i would say surround yourself with well liked people and have them be damned diplomatic about making any public moves.''

davis has become very much like kd. he continues to eclipse one bad move with another worse one. what he should do is put gorilla tape over rich paul's mouth and handle things himself, having paul advise him behind the scenes if he likes,,,,because no one wants to hear another word out of lebronklutch.

Return to The General Board