ImageImageImageImageImage

Pt. II – The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Pt. II – The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD) 

Post#201 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:32 am

Jersey Generals wrote:
N Ireland Nets wrote:It would be a nice pivot by the Knicks if we did sign Irving and KD to go after DLo.

But personally, I would love to see DLo sign with the Mavs to build a long term core of him Doncic and the 7ft unicorn, would be a real interesting team.

Holy ****, great to see you posting, buddy.

Everybody is popping up.

This feels like the series finale of a TV show where all of the prominent characters from previous seasons who have left all come back for one last time. :D
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#202 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:39 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Jersey Generals wrote:
N Ireland Nets wrote:It would be a nice pivot by the Knicks if we did sign Irving and KD to go after DLo.

But personally, I would love to see DLo sign with the Mavs to build a long term core of him Doncic and the 7ft unicorn, would be a real interesting team.

Everybody is popping up.

This feels like the series finale of a TV show where all of the prominent characters from previous seasons who have left all come back for one last time. :D

Hopefully we get a more satisfying ending than that recent finale of a TV show that lasted 8 seasons...

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
N Ireland Nets
Lead Assistant
And1: 276

Post#203 » by N Ireland Nets » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:01 am

Jersey Generals wrote:

Hello my friend!!

Had to come back to read the comments to see what people were thinking.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#204 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:18 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Knick fans went from thinking they were going to get Irving and Durant to now debating on their board about whether to sign Russell and Randle.

funny af....

wob doing his best to recruit D'Angelo Russell now.

Read on Twitter

Now that:

- Zion to the Pelicans

And if:

- Irving to the Nets
- Russell is retained/resigned by Nets
- KD opts in to rehab 1 year w/ GS

I'd die. I couldn't wait to shove the "little brother" crap in their face.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,831

Post#205 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Retain Russell. **** that.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#206 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:24 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:DW can be traded on 6/13..is marks gonna pull the trigger? DW to Suns for #6, for more cap space, for a high pick? #6 from suns could help us land AD..but doubt Suns gonna trade with us.

Suns trading #6 for Spencer isn't gonna happen. But we are also not getting AD.

I feel like we need Elsa from Frozen these days....let it go...let it go....

You don't think Spencer, #27, future 2nd rounder for #6 would be adequate?

or maybe just Suns don't want to trade the pick at all?
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#207 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Retain Russell. **** that.

I'd rather see Russell playing in China than see him play for the Knicks. I hope to god either we keep him, use him in a S&T to acquire assets, or if he walks that he ends up literally anywhere else.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#208 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:02 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:DW can be traded on 6/13..is marks gonna pull the trigger? DW to Suns for #6, for more cap space, for a high pick? #6 from suns could help us land AD..but doubt Suns gonna trade with us.

Suns trading #6 for Spencer isn't gonna happen. But we are also not getting AD.

I feel like we need Elsa from Frozen these days....let it go...let it go....

You don't think Spencer, #27, future 2nd rounder for #6 would be adequate?

or maybe just Suns don't want to trade the pick at all?
I don't think that's enough. I think Suns would like to use that pick on a young player, and acquire a vet PG later.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#209 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:50 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:Everybody is popping up.

Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,773

Post#210 » by Michael Jordan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:26 pm

As a Raps fan I have to admit if Kawhi left I hope he joins the Nets, you guys deserve it over any other team
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#211 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:27 pm

A name we talked about leading up to the deadline who hasn't been brought up much here lately is JaMychal Green.
He could be the perfect fit at the 4, but he's not so good he hampers Kurucs getting playing time and developing.
If we "only" get Kyrie and re-sign Russell and they choose to hang onto Dinwiddie and Harris for now, he could definitely be the guy they go for, along with re-signing Ed Davis, while retaining the Room Exception and BAE to fill out the depth above vet min candidates.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Pt. II – The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD) 

Post#212 » by Paradise » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:54 pm

It sounds like we have a verbal commitment with Kyrie’s camp.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,831

Post#213 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:16 pm

Paradise wrote:It sounds like we have a verbal commitment with Kyrie’s camp.

Read on Twitter

This dude reporting this is a pretty credible source.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#214 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:A name we talked about leading up to the deadline who hasn't been brought up much here lately is JaMychal Green.
He could be the perfect fit at the 4, but he's not so good he hampers Kurucs getting playing time and developing.
If we "only" get Kyrie and re-sign Russell and they choose to hang onto Dinwiddie and Harris for now, he could definitely be the guy they go for, along with re-signing Ed Davis, while retaining the Room Exception and BAE to fill out the depth above vet min candidates.

Yeah I could see something like this. He could play 4/5. I could also see us using our cap space to absorb someone like that in a trade. Someone that can play backup C but also give us minutes at the 4. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head but if we only sign Kyrie, we'll have a good amount of space for someone good.

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
Russell/Harris
LeVert/Prince
Kurucs/Green
Allen/Green

That's a lot of talent. A ton of shooting and playmaking + athleticism. All the ingredients for a 50+ win team. Maybe we can't win the chip with this group but that's skipping steps. That starting 5 is still crazy young.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#215 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:24 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:A name we talked about leading up to the deadline who hasn't been brought up much here lately is JaMychal Green.

I wouldn't mind that at all. I got a few guys that we can go after for the forward position that wouldn't cost us 30M like Tobias.
JaMychel Green
Milsap
Mirotic ( sorry Prok)
Morris bros
Aminu
Thad Young ( played great last year)
Rudy Gay
Ariza
Thabo (vet min)

We have many options to go to fill out that forward spot and most of these guys will take a 1-2 year deal. Getting Prince helps us a lot also. Ed Davis is 7th in RPM , 14th in WINS, and #1 is DRPM . I would be excited to have him back for backup center but I also think we can also use a stretch 5.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#216 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:33 am

Papi_swav wrote:

I wouldn't mind that at all. I got a few guys that we can go after for the forward position that wouldn't cost us 30M like Tobias.
JaMychel Green
Milsap
Mirotic ( sorry Prok)
Morris bros
Aminu
Thad Young ( played great last year)
Rudy Gay
Ariza
Thabo (vet min)

We have many options to go to fill out that forward spot and most of these guys will take a 1-2 year deal. Getting Prince helps us a lot also. Ed Davis is 7th in RPM , 14th in WINS, and #1 is DRPM . I would be excited to have him back for backup center but I also think we can also use a stretch 5.

Yup. 47ish in cap if the 27 is a stash. Almost 33 on Kyrie. DLo retained but using his cap hold. About $14.5 mill left. Grab one of Millsap, Green, one of the Morris Twins, Thad Young, or Gay for $8 to $14.5 mill for 3 years with the 3rd a team option. Hopefully re-sign Davis with the Room Exception if the 4 is filled using over $9 mill starting salary of the cap room. Nab a guard on the Biannual Exception as Dinwiddie/Joe Harris mid-season trade insurance. If Room Exception is not needed on Ed Davis, sign BPA.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#217 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:38 am

MGrand15 wrote:

Yeah I could see something like this. He could play 4/5. I could also see us using our cap space to absorb someone like that in a trade. Someone that can play backup C but also give us minutes at the 4. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head but if we only sign Kyrie, we'll have a good amount of space for someone good.

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
Russell/Harris
LeVert/Prince
Kurucs/Green
Allen/Green

That's a lot of talent. A ton of shooting and playmaking + athleticism. All the ingredients for a 50+ win team. Maybe we can't win the chip with this group but that's skipping steps. That starting 5 is still crazy young.

And I think this isn't being stressed quite enough, at least and especially on Twitter and the other blog, but definitely even here.

It's like it's championship or bust next season, which is just crazy talk in relation to a number of things, including we had just been pick-less bottom-feeders until recently. There is all the the time in the world to rearrange the roster in the next 2 or 3 seasons. Right now you grab the star who wants to play for you and make smart value signings with the rest of the cap, while retaining your homegrown star and young guys. You can work the rest out after you see what they look like together for a good sample size. Don't worry about what the pundits and impatient fans and media think and are saying.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#218 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:05 am

Also, have to wonder if we're still planning on signing Durant if he wants to come here? Is it risky? Hell yes. But if he comes back as even 80% of the player he was this season and retains that play for 2 seasons, starting in 2020-21 season, he's still a top 15 current player and we're legit contenders for 2 or 3 seasons after a weird first season without him.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#219 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:21 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Also, have to wonder if we're still planning on signing Durant if he wants to come here? Is it risky? Hell yes. But if he comes back as even 80% of the player he was this season and retains that play for 2 seasons, starting in 2020-21 season, he's still a top 15 current player and we're legit contenders for 2 or 3 seasons after a weird first season without him.

I'm curious of the same. I trust our FO to do their due diligence, and we have an excellent relationship with not only KD, but his surgeon. We can't control his interest level in us, but if we are chasing him June 30th, I have faith that they feel he can recover to most of his current level.

But trading away Harris and Dinwiddie, which is required to offer max contracts to Durant and Irving while keeping Russell's cap hold, is taking an enormous step back. I like to believe I'm a very cool hand, but even I would agonize in Marks' position right now.

Of course, all Kawhi has to say is "sign me", and we have a whole 'nuther good kind of problem on our hands!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#220 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:40 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:It sounds like we have a verbal commitment with Kyrie’s camp.

Read on Twitter

This dude reporting this is a pretty credible source.

if/when the Kyrie signing happens, I just can't get over the fact we'll never see the critical MDB posts of "face it, we're the nets, no one ever big signed with us."
:wink: :lol:

Return to Brooklyn Nets