ImageImageImageImage

D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Re: D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related 

Post#161 » by cedric76 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:53 am

Can't believe this thread is still open :crazy:
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#162 » by tiderulz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:49 am

cedric76 wrote:Can't believe this thread is still open :crazy:

is there something else pressing that we all need to talk about?
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#163 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 pm

cedric76 wrote:Can't believe this thread is still open :crazy:

Must have missed that Kyrie fired his longtime agent and hired ROCNation who has extremely strong ties to Brooklyn. Magic don't have a chance however since this FO seems ok collecting a paycheck and making the bare minimum moves and letting the cards play themselves.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#164 » by OrlandoNed » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:42 pm

So with Kyrie basically confirming that he's going to the Nets, this has to mean Russell is gone right? I just can't see the Nets paying a max for Irving and a near max for Russell AND about 11 million a year for Dinwiddie who are all point guards. I know they can use any of them as a shooting guard in this small ball NBA, but that is a ton of money committed to 3 point guards.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#165 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:11 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:So with Kyrie basically confirming that he's going to the Nets, this has to mean Russell is gone right? I just can't see the Nets paying a max for Irving and a near max for Russell AND about 11 million a year for Dinwiddie who are all point guards. I know they can use any of them as a shooting guard in this small ball NBA, but that is a ton of money committed to 3 point guards.

Unless Durant or Kawhi wants to come to Brooklyn I don’t agree with this at all. Maxing our Russell for a test drive with Kyrie or a future trade is much wiser than maxing out someone like Tobias Harris who they are also rumored to target.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#166 » by OrlandoNed » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:37 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:So with Kyrie basically confirming that he's going to the Nets, this has to mean Russell is gone right? I just can't see the Nets paying a max for Irving and a near max for Russell AND about 11 million a year for Dinwiddie who are all point guards. I know they can use any of them as a shooting guard in this small ball NBA, but that is a ton of money committed to 3 point guards.

Unless Durant or Kawhi wants to come to Brooklyn I don’t agree with this at all. Maxing our Russell for a test drive with Kyrie or a future trade is much wiser than maxing out someone like Tobias Harris who they are also rumored to target.

Well guess who's been talking with Kyrie for a while? KD. Even if it's not KD or Kawhi, guys like Butler, Harris, Horford, Middleton, Vuc and Randle as well as a ton of great role players are still going to be on the market who don't have any overlap at one position. Why take a gamble doubling up on 1 spot and neglecting other positions?
The1llness
Pro Prospect
And1: 464

Post#167 » by The1llness » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:48 pm

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#168 » by MagicMatic » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:49 pm

Russell is all but done in Brooklyn with Kyrie signing there. Both players will require the max and Brooklyn already has Levert, Dinwiddie, Harris, and Kurucs on the roster. They also have a pretty shallow big rotation. Russell will likely sign with wherever he feels like is the best situation for max money or close to it.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,768

Post#169 » by Audi » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:55 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Well guess who's been talking with Kyrie for a while? KD. Even if it's not KD or Kawhi, guys like Butler, Harris, Horford, Middleton, Vuc and Randle as well as a ton of great role players are still going to be on the market who don't have any overlap at one position. Why take a gamble doubling up on 1 spot and neglecting other positions?

Could be totally incorrect but over on the Nets board they were discussing being able to roll with Kyrie, Durant, AND D'lo if they offload Dinwiddie and Joe Harris somehow. Stuck out to me because they seemed excited over the prospect of not having Dinwiddie's insanely friendly contract on their books.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#170 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:33 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Brooklyn has openings at 3/4 spots with Prince (Meh) and Kurucs (meh) if they wanted to go that route. I also don't understand creating a HUGE logjam at 1/2 spots with Russell, Irving, Dinwiddie, Lavert and Harris. That's 5 guys for 2 spots and 2 guys who really need the ball to work Irving and DLo.

Would Brooklyn be better off getting Kyrie and then trying to throw a big deal at Middleton or Harris or even Butler? I think that makes more sense considering their roster breakdown.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#171 » by j-ragg » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:02 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if Brooklyn’s plan all along has been Kyrie and Jimmy Butler (letting DAR walk). Would seem a little questionable bringing these 2 into a young, positive chemistry team like the Nets.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#172 » by tiderulz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:13 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Brooklyn has openings at 3/4 spots with Prince (Meh) and Kurucs (meh) if they wanted to go that route. I also don't understand creating a HUGE logjam at 1/2 spots with Russell, Irving, Dinwiddie, Lavert and Harris. That's 5 guys for 2 spots and 2 guys who really need the ball to work Irving and DLo.

Would Brooklyn be better off getting Kyrie and then trying to throw a big deal at Middleton or Harris or even Butler? I think that makes more sense considering their roster breakdown.

Lavert is 6'7, he could play SF.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#173 » by MoMM » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:16 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:Well guess who's been talking with Kyrie for a while? KD. Even if it's not KD or Kawhi, guys like Butler, Harris, Horford, Middleton, Vuc and Randle as well as a ton of great role players are still going to be on the market who don't have any overlap at one position. Why take a gamble doubling up on 1 spot and neglecting other positions?

Exactly, and they can still trade Dinwiddie and Harris for front-court players.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,864

Post#174 » by JF5 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:18 pm

If Irving goes to Brooklyn I can't see Russell coming back as they're both ridiculously ball dominate. Plus, though KD won't be back until 2 seasons from now BK will go after him as well most likely.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#175 » by ezzzp » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:42 pm

a D'Lo/Irving pairing can work fine offensively...its on the defensive end that it will be iffy...they'd have to stack 3-5 with excellent defenders (kind of how Portland has tried to do with Nurkic/Aminu/Harkless)
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#176 » by Xatticus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:33 am

MoMM wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

The issue is that they have to dump salary to sign two max contract free agents. The easiest route to accomplishing this is by renouncing Russell. If they want to sign those two free agents and retain Russell, they have to dump some other salaries. They could easily find a taker for Dinwiddie, but they couldn't take money back. Dumping Dinwiddie alone doesn't get there where they need to be.

In all likelihood, reaching agreements with two max contract free agents would mean that Russell will be renounced. It's not impossible that they could keep him, but it's highly improbable.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#177 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:47 am

Xatticus wrote:
MoMM wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Lavert is 6'7, he could play SF.

The issue is that they have to dump salary to sign two max contract free agents. The easiest route to accomplishing this is by renouncing Russell. If they want to sign those two free agents and retain Russell, they have to dump some other salaries. They could easily find a taker for Dinwiddie, but they couldn't take money back. Dumping Dinwiddie alone doesn't get there where they need to be.

In all likelihood, reaching agreements with two max contract free agents would mean that Russell will be renounced. It's not impossible that they could keep him, but it's highly improbable.

You missed the memo man:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26914126/nets-trade-crabbe-hawks-prince%3fplatform=amp
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#178 » by Bensational » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
MoMM wrote:Exactly, and they can still trade Dinwiddie and Harris for front-court players.

You missed the memo man:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26914126/nets-trade-crabbe-hawks-prince%3fplatform=amp

Doesn't allow them to sign 2 max FAs AND re-sign D'Lo.

The question will be, who does Brooklyn want to run with Kyrie? Do they want D'Lo AND another max FA? In which case, they'll have to trade Dinwiddie and Harris for cap space. In which case hopefully we can snap them up. If not, they have to let D'Lo go and we can pursue him.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#179 » by Xatticus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:02 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
MoMM wrote:Exactly, and they can still trade Dinwiddie and Harris for front-court players.

You missed the memo man:

No. That is factoring in the Crabbe trade. I read that they will have $46M in projected cap space after that trade, though it might be somewhat higher than that. They have $33M in committed salary for next year and Russell has a $21M cap hold. That's $54M against a projected $109M cap. Max contract projections are $27M, $33M, and $38M last I read. Kyrie is a $33M and Durant is a $38M, for example.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#180 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:14 am

Xatticus wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

You missed the memo man:

No. That is factoring in the Crabbe trade. I read that they will have $46M in projected cap space after that trade, though it might be somewhat higher than that. They have $33M in committed salary for next year and Russell has a $21M cap hold. That's $54M against a projected $109M cap. Max contract projections are $27M, $33M, and $38M last I read. Kyrie is a $33M and Durant is a $38M, for example.

Maybe I missed something ... I haven’t read all posts in the thread so probably.

But who the **** is talking about Brooklyn signing two max free agents PLUS Russell?

The Crabbe move was to given them freedom to keep Russell + another max free agent OR to release Russell and sign two on the open market.

It seems we are saying the same thing. Who is saying otherwise?

Return to Orlando Magic