ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 298

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#801 » by J the Drafter » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:44 pm

SOUL wrote:It sucks that we need guards because I like the SF/PF/C options at our spot more than the guards.

I’d hate for Vuc or Bamba to keep us from grabbing BPA if that player was a big. I really don’t think twin towers would be that bad.
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,392

Post#802 » by SOUL » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:51 am

MagicMatic wrote:
SOUL wrote:It sucks that we need guards because I like the SF/PF/C options at our spot more than the guards.

Fernando, Grant Williams, Bitadze , Clarke, and Kabebgele are all very interesting prospects that I could see as “steals” down the line. If there were more opportunity for them, I would be all for it. If we made a draft day trade and knew Vuc wasn’t coming back I wouldn’t be upset at a majority of these guys.

Yeah, minus Vuc I am fine with going that. With Vuc, it seems improbable they'll get much burn. But I am an advocate of BPA in most drafts unless we were in a position like 2009 or something and had specific needs for young guys that can contribute (like Courtney Lee).
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#803 » by MagicMatic » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:57 am

SOUL wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Fernando, Grant Williams, Bitadze , Clarke, and Kabebgele are all very interesting prospects that I could see as “steals” down the line. If there were more opportunity for them, I would be all for it. If we made a draft day trade and knew Vuc wasn’t coming back I wouldn’t be upset at a majority of these guys.

Yeah, minus Vuc I am fine with going that. With Vuc, it seems improbable they'll get much burn. But I am an advocate of BPA in most drafts unless we were in a position like 2009 or something and had specific needs for young guys that can contribute (like Courtney Lee).

Absolutely. If Orlando didn’t have glaring needs, and a stacked big man rotation, bpa would be a good way to go at 16.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#804 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:38 am

ESPN Mock draft is on.... they just had us taking tyler herro... talked about his chip on his shoulder.... and NAW was selected by Atl at 17.
Bonafide89
Junior
And1: 160

Post#805 » by Bonafide89 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:42 am

yoyojw17 wrote:ESPN Mock draft is on.... they just had us taking tyler herro... talked about his chip on his shoulder.... and NAW was selected by Atl at 17.
Both of those guys fit an obvious need. We should be in good shape for the draft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#806 » by The Effect » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:12 pm

J the Drafter wrote:

I’d hate for Vuc or Bamba to keep us from grabbing BPA if that player was a big. I really don’t think twin towers would be that bad.

I still believe vuc is gone, so in my mind Bamba is our starting center next year

With that said, that wouldnt prevent me from taking a center if i felt that the best available player was a center

We arent in the position to fill positional needs. We need to find say shooters, but that could be any position. If we are going of NEEDS, our BIGGEST need is a true franchise centerpiece Superstar

If 16 comes around and Bol Bol, bruno, or Hayes are available and WeHam decides those guys have All-NBA potential, take them and worry about bamba\position battles later. Right now we need to find a player to build around. Gordon isnt that guy, Isaac isnt, so far bamba hasnt shown much and Fultz is still a major unknown (although the guy i feel has the best chance at being our superstar), and lets be honest, the odds of us finding a franchise centerpiece at 16 is pretty low, and honestly i wish we could trade this pick along with other assets for a centerpiece.

So really, just take the best player available
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,685

Post#807 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:43 pm

MagicMatic wrote:

Watch the highlights from Nicolas Claxton. He looks like a bigger Siakam. He's very fluid with Isaac type defense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#808 » by MagicMatic » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:17 pm

The Effect wrote:
J the Drafter wrote:

I still believe vuc is gone, so in my mind Bamba is our starting center next year

With that said, that wouldnt prevent me from taking a center if i felt that the best available player was a center

We arent in the position to fill positional needs. We need to find say shooters, but that could be any position. If we are going of NEEDS, our BIGGEST need is a true franchise centerpiece Superstar

If 16 comes around and Bol Bol, bruno, or Hayes are available and WeHam decides those guys have All-NBA potential, take them and worry about bamba\position battles later. Right now we need to find a player to build around. Gordon isnt that guy, Isaac isnt, so far bamba hasnt shown much and Fultz is still a major unknown (although the guy i feel has the best chance at being our superstar), and lets be honest, the odds of us finding a franchise centerpiece at 16 is pretty low, and honestly i wish we could trade this pick along with other assets for a centerpiece.

So really, just take the best player available

I mean, they’ve been taking their perceived “bpa” in the past two drafts. They’ve failed to address the lack of shooting and finding a starting quality point guard in both drafts. IF they believe Vuc is gone, then that’s another situation entirely. However, if they don’t plan on trading to address either of those needs, then they need to utilize the draft more effectively...
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,232

Post#809 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:16 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:I’m starting to hone in on Tyler Herro. Despite being a shooter and not an explosive athlete he still attacks the rim. I’m not worried about defense. We need shooters. The only reason this draft pisses me off is if they reach for another long armed unskilled player.

The one thing that i heard that made me feel better was about how much his defense improved over the season. If that continues and he is a neutral or positive on that end.... he looks even that much better!
its about team defense. So it’s great that his individual defense has improved but it’s inconsequential imo.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
NSB_Magic
Junior
And1: 172

Post#810 » by NSB_Magic » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:28 pm

IllMagic04 wrote:NAW or Hero for me. We need shotmaking. If both of them are gone Id rather trade the pick then add another non shoter. Im not big on Langford or KPJ. Im not interested in shaky shoters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using RealGM mobile app

Have you seen Keldon Johnson tapes? I really think he would be good consolation. Can defend 2 maybe 3 positions and looks like he has a solid stroke. Just as good of ball handler if not better then Herro. He’s right after NAW and Herro for me.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,392

Post#811 » by SOUL » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:35 pm

I need a Herro
I'm holding out for a Herro 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a Herro
I'm holding out for a Herro 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life!
Larger than life
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#812 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:39 pm

Bol Bol might have jumped back into the lottery after his performance today.

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,969

Post#813 » by KillMonger » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:48 pm

basketballRob wrote:Bol Bol might have jumped back into the lottery after his performance today.

What performance?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#814 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:54 pm

Solid Snake wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Bol Bol might have jumped back into the lottery after his performance today.

What performance?

Pro day.

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,969

Post#815 » by KillMonger » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:57 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:

What performance?

Pro day.

Ah the whole 1 on 0 workout.... Good.... He'll be out of our range

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#816 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 am

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#817 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:06 am

Solid Snake wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:What performance?

Pro day.

Ah the whole 1 on 0 workout.... Good.... He'll be out of our range

Yeah his workout will help us get a better player because I can't see Atlanta or Charlotte passing on him.

IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,799

Post#818 » by IllMagic04 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:20 am

NSB_Magic wrote:
IllMagic04 wrote:NAW or Hero for me. We need shotmaking. If both of them are gone Id rather trade the pick then add another non shoter. Im not big on Langford or KPJ. Im not interested in shaky shoters.

Have you seen Keldon Johnson tapes? I really think he would be good consolation. Can defend 2 maybe 3 positions and looks like he has a solid stroke. Just as good of ball handler if not better then Herro. He’s right after NAW and Herro for me.
I forgot about him. I agree I like him too. Id be good with any of those 3. I wouldnt be surprised if all these mocks are wrong and all 3 of them go earlier then projected. One of them should be there for us hopefully

PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#819 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:04 am

I don't think he showed anything that he hadn't already shown in HS/his limited pro career. Bol Bols skillset on the offensive end isnt what's going to keep him from the lottery. It's the immense injury concern that comes along with him, his questionable defensive intangibles, and his questionable work ethic.

A team may take a shot on him in the lottery but I highly doubt that his pre-draft workout really moved the needle for a GM much.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#820 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:07 am

I hear Claxton has canceled all workouts. Apparently he has a draft promise.

Return to Orlando Magic