Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,826

Re: Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread 

Post#461 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:57 am

kamaze wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:DLo had mentioned a S&T 2 times in 2 different recent interviews iirc. I wouldn't be shocked if he's used in a S&T to acquire Irving himself. He fits that team's(Celtics) timeline probably much better than the Pels and AD would probably be a draft night trade if it were to happen.

That would be screwed up Boston is racist as hell. That's part of the reason Kyrie wants out he'd be leaving money on the table to get away from there.

I would think the Nets wouldn't do Dlo like that.

Russell has to agree to this. I don't know why Russell as a S&T keeps getting thrown out there as if the guy has no say in where he will end up.

Like people really think the Nets can just sign and trade Russell anywhere against his will? He can tell the Nets to go **** off, and AS HE SHOULD if they even dare ask.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#462 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:58 pm

Yeah pretty much. I think the S&T was brought up by Russell as an option, but obviously he would be the one dictating that...not the Nets. I also think it is outdated info, as he talked about that prior to us dumping Crabbe.

Since doing that, our financial situation has changed.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#463 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:27 pm

i can see a Russell S&T... but not to someplace like Boston he wouldnt want to go to. i can see minny or the suns
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#464 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:DLo had mentioned a S&T 2 times in 2 different recent interviews iirc. I wouldn't be shocked if he's used in a S&T to acquire Irving himself. He fits that team's(Celtics) timeline probably much better than the Pels and AD would probably be a draft night trade if it were to happen.

That would be screwed up Boston is racist as hell. That's part of the reason Kyrie wants out he'd be leaving money on the table to get away from there.

Russell has to agree to this. I don't know why Russell as a S&T keeps getting thrown out there as if the guy has no say in where he will end up.

Like people really think the Nets can just sign and trade Russell anywhere against his will? He can tell the Nets to go **** off, and AS HE SHOULD if they even dare ask.

Wait, I'm a little confused on how this sign and trade thing works. If Russell was to say no and sign an offer sheet somewhere else, can't we just match the offer sheet and trade him anyway? Or is there some rule that wouldn't allow that to happen ?
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#465 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Paradise wrote:The official asking price for AD has been revealed.

Read on Twitter

Sounds like DLO, Levert , Allen and a pick trade, rather keep Levert tho.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#466 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:

Wait, I'm a little confused on how this sign and trade thing works. If Russell was to say no and sign an offer sheet somewhere else, can't we just match the offer sheet and trade him anyway? Or is there some rule that wouldn't allow that to happen ?

If we match an offer sheet for Russell he cannot be traded for a year.

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#467 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:

We can't trade him for a year without his permission if we match an offer sheet, and we can't trade him to the team he signed the offer sheet with.

Any S&T options will have to be done without Russell signing an offer sheet, which means any S&T deals will need his approval, Nets approval, and obviously the team he's going to.

It makes it a very complicated and probably last resort kind of deal.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#468 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:52 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
kamaze wrote:

(I can't find vc4p's original post so I'm quoting you to trigger his notifications.)

Do you have links/URLs of those interviews? I don't remember hearing him saying anything about doing a S&T.

As Speedy said, one was from an article from ND. which was from an interview with either a sports magazine or like ESPN recently, believe it actually might have been from an article from SLAM!online.

The other one I think was from a podcast.

For the record, I do not think a S&T is likely. As others have alluded to, they are very difficult to pull off and with today's CBA, they benefit the player very little unless he's looking to get to a very specific destination and don't even benefit the team he's going to, too much, unless said team doesn't have nearly enough cap space to make a move, especially in this situation where other teams with max cap know there's a chance we don't match an offer sheet, taking away a lot of the RFA threat.

But it certainly could be possible and DLo confirmed his recognition of the situation during these interview(s) lately and seemed like he'd consider playing ball, at least if it made sense for him and his incoming team.

There is a sizable benefit to him obliging though, in certain scenarios. If the threat of RFA still exists, it's easier for him to get the max at his new destination, no questions asked. Where as if we renounce him, he might come in $20 million + light over the course of a 4 year deal, because teams won't need to force our hand and a few of the teams who have him in their sights don't have full max cap.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#469 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Griffin wants a deal done ASAP/pre-draft. Sign and trades can’t happen until July 6. DLo can’t legally negotiate with a team until 6pm on June 30th. A DLo S&T for Davis is not happening.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#470 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:15 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:Griffin wants a deal done ASAP/pre-draft. Sign and trades can’t happen until July 6. DLo can’t legally negotiate with a team until 6pm on June 30th. A DLo S&T for Davis is not happening.

The Cap Guru has spoken.

Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#471 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12 am

SpeedyG wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

We can't trade him for a year without his permission if we match an offer sheet, and we can't trade him to the team he signed the offer sheet with.

Any S&T options will have to be done without Russell signing an offer sheet, which means any S&T deals will need his approval, Nets approval, and obviously the team he's going to.

I see, the NBA made these sign and trades almost impossible now.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#472 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:50 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Griffin wants a deal done ASAP/pre-draft. Sign and trades can’t happen until July 6. DLo can’t legally negotiate with a team until 6pm on June 30th. A DLo S&T for Davis is not happening.

The Cap Guru has spoken.

I was not saying only for AD, I am not the cap guru I once was on older CBA's, I'll certainly concede that to guys like NetsFan lol, but I understand the dates these things can happen. And what Griffin wants and what he'll be forced to do might be two different things entirely.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#473 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:52 am

Papi_swav wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Wait, I'm a little confused on how this sign and trade thing works. If Russell was to say no and sign an offer sheet somewhere else, can't we just match the offer sheet and trade him anyway? Or is there some rule that wouldn't allow that to happen ?

I see, the NBA made these sign and trades almost impossible now.

Most aspects of S&T's are still very similar to the older CBA's, but they've pretty much completely removed the financial benefit of them for the player. In past CBA's when you S&T'ed a player he was eligible for the home team raise percentages and extra contract years, that is no longer the case.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#474 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:28 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

The Cap Guru has spoken.

I was not saying only for AD, I am not the cap guru I once was on older CBA's, I'll certainly concede that to guys like NetsFan lol, but I understand the dates these things can happen. And what Griffin wants and what he'll be forced to do might be two different things entirely.

The thing is, if Russell has no interest in New Orleans, that idea is 100% moot.

Davis wants to play on the Lakers. Leave him be lol

Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#475 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:59 am

Upset Toronto won smh those Raps fans definitely don't deserve to win a title. At least now we can start this crazy off season.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#476 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:03 am

Very comfortable with Kyrie here... if true very happy.... it'll work(if not, DLO is just as good and hopefully improved).

I do want Klay here though(won't happen)
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#477 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:13 am

kyrie raises our ceiling to 60 wins and the finals. raises our floor ti 45 wins and the playoffs
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#478 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:20 am

Prokorov wrote:kyrie raises our ceiling to 60 wins and the finals. raises our floor ti 45 wins and the playoffs

Na I don't think our ceiling is finals just yet, not without a KD or Kawhi on his side. I don't think Kyrie can lead a team to the finals and there has not been many point guards to do it either.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#479 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:kyrie raises our ceiling to 60 wins and the finals. raises our floor ti 45 wins and the playoffs

Na I don't think our ceiling is finals just yet, not without a KD or Kawhi on his side. I don't think Kyrie can lead a team to the finals and there has not been many point guards to do it either.

he certainly can. if durant stays in GSSW an kawhi goes to the clippers kyrie becomes the easts best player
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#480 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:

he certainly can. if durant stays in GSSW an kawhi goes to the clippers kyrie becomes the easts best player

What about Embiid or Greak Freak ?

Again, I just don't see a point guard leading us to the chip.. Curry is the top PG and we've seen how he chokes in the finals, CP3 has been the top point before Curry came and he's still scratching for just 1. Lilliard is another one. We need a dominate forward or wing to win it all IMO.

Return to Brooklyn Nets