Raptors Win 2019 NBA Finals

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Raptors Win 2019 NBA Finals 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:43 am

The Toronto Raptors defeated the Golden State Warriors to win Game 6 and their first NBA championship.

Via RealGM Staff Report

FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Re: Raptors Win 2019 NBA Finals 

Post#2 » by FreeBoosie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:56 am

Congrats to raptors and their fans, they deserve it. Zero lottery picks on this team and not even constructed as a super team but rather grounds up by great gm decision making. F the haters who about to show up. Injuries are part of the game and every team including these Warriors have benefited from them. This time the warriors couldn’t win when the playing field was leveled.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#3 » by donaldtrump_00 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 am

FreeBoosie wrote:Congrats to raptors and their fans, they deserve it. Zero lottery picks on this team and not even constructed as a super team but rather grounds up by great gm decision making. F the haters who about to show up. Injuries are part of the game and every team including these Warriors have benefited from them. This time the warriors couldn’t win when the playing field was leveled.

I mean I love the warriors. I hope KD stays and makes a end of the season return. But I question if this Raptors team will be together. I feel Kawhi has two rings with two different teams. He's going to test free agency. I hope he comes to Chicago. We can make the cap space work. A ll it takes is a otto Porter trade. I said it like it's easy but I would like him on my team. But what a sad ending to the warriors dynasty if it's over.
Yao4REAL
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#4 » by Yao4REAL » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 am

The worst Champions in the history ever in my opinion. Can barely beat a crippling Warriors team. If Warriors are healthy, they would have smoke Toronto and would make them look like HS kids. I don't see how they should be proud in beating a team that is plagued by injuries? Shouldn't you be proud if you beat the absolute BEST? They didn't face the best of Golden State at all in this series. This is absolutely the worst Finals i ever witnessed.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#5 » by raptorstime » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:42 am

Yao4REAL wrote:The worst Champions in the history ever in my opinion. Can barely beat a crippling Warriors team. If Warriors are healthy, they would have smoke Toronto and would make them look like HS kids. I don't see how they should be proud in beating a team that is plagued by injuries? Shouldn't you be proud if you beat the absolute BEST? They didn't face the best of Golden State at all in this series. This is absolutely the worst Finals i ever witnessed.

Still had 3 all stars out there plus a fmvp. Also, 2015 cavs say hi.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#6 » by tigerae » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:49 am

Yao4REAL wrote:The worst Champions in the history ever in my opinion. Can barely beat a crippling Warriors team. If Warriors are healthy, they would have smoke Toronto and would make them look like HS kids. I don't see how they should be proud in beating a team that is plagued by injuries? Shouldn't you be proud if you beat the absolute BEST? They didn't face the best of Golden State at all in this series. This is absolutely the worst Finals i ever witnessed.
Really... How about the Warriors when they needed 6 games to beat the Cavs without Kyrie or Love in 2015.

Everyone is hurt by the end, the Warriors just had more bad luck this year with major injuries than the Raptors, but they weren't the first or the last.

Congrats to the Raptors and their fans. Didn't like how they did Derozan but they played hard and were very humble throughout the playoffs.

They should absolutely be proud of the championship. They siezed the opportunity and got it done.
Greg Foster Jr.
Junior
And1: 111

Post#7 » by Greg Foster Jr. » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:50 am

Just stop being salty. While i agree theres a good chance they may not have beaten the most unfairly stacked team in NBA history if Durant wasn't out, but their legendary defence and potent offence stands up with all other championship teams. They barely won? They won in 6, 3 road wins, and the games they did lose they lost mere points at the end because they were facing the best shooting team ever. Its so easy to say if Klay didn't go down Warriors win... despite Raptors leading most of the game and only trailing by 3 when he left. Congrats Raptors!!
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#8 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:54 am

I mean their only other option was to lose, would you have preferred they do that instead?
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#9 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 am

Raptors baby!!
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,466

Post#10 » by Jcity08 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:14 am

Not "Nice Try"
Not "See you guys next year"
The hat says Champions!

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#11 » by Kinger95 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:37 am

At least they didn’t choke away a 3-1 lead hahahahaha . Salty loser. We beat the bucks also these playoffs in 6 and they had the best record in the NBA. So not only are u ignorant and salty but the Raptors are the new champs and in 10 years nobody will know or care about injuries. And just in case you didn’t know, Lowry had an injured hand, Kawhi had a hurt knee and Fred had a broken face/concussion so no excuses from the champs
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#12 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:43 am

Kinger95 wrote:

At least they didn’t choke away a 3-1 lead hahahahaha . Salty loser. We beat the bucks also these playoffs in 6 and they had the best record in the NBA. So not only are u ignorant and salty but the Raptors are the new champs and in 10 years nobody will know or care about injuries. And just in case you didn’t know, Lowry had an injured hand, Kawhi had a hurt knee and Fred had a broken face/concussion so no excuses from the champs

GSW won 2015 with Kyrie and Love out otherwise they lose.. Yes Raptors lose if GSW healthy hell they lose if everyone on GSW healthy but KD out.. Thag said you can only play the team in front of you
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#13 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:58 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
FreeBoosie wrote:Congrats to raptors and their fans, they deserve it. Zero lottery picks on this team and not even constructed as a super team but rather grounds up by great gm decision making. F the haters who about to show up. Injuries are part of the game and every team including these Warriors have benefited from them. This time the warriors couldn’t win when the playing field was leveled.

I mean I love the warriors. I hope KD stays and makes a end of the season return. But I question if this Raptors team will be together. I feel Kawhi has two rings with two different teams. He's going to test free agency. I hope he comes to Chicago. We can make the cap space work. A ll it takes is a otto Porter trade. I said it like it's easy but I would like him on my team. But what a sad ending to the warriors dynasty if it's over.

With all due respect... why on God's green earth would Kahwi choose Chicago?
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#14 » by radeonboy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:59 am

The saltiness tastes so good. I'll enjoy sprinkling this salt for many days, weeks, months, years to come.
Yao4REAL
Sophomore

Post#15 » by Yao4REAL » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:01 am

Kinger95 wrote:

With NBA stepping in to help suspend Draymond Green after Warriors up 3-1 with Cavs hanging their heads. No way Cavs can beat Warriors after 3-1 if they didn't suspend Green. NBA help shift momentum...it's BS.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#16 » by hyberx » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:16 am

Congrats to the Raptors for the win. Injury is part of the game, as long as it wasn't like Adam Silver intervening, it's a legit championship.

Raptors is an impressive team, all 5 starter positions can score/defend/pass and 6th man Fred VanVleet was playing like a little Taz Mania.

You are kidding yourself saying Raptors have no talent. Kawhi is top 5 player in this league. Kyle Lowry is 5x allstar selection and Marc Gasol was an allstar just 2 years ago (same as Draymond). Siakam can easily be one in the next couple years. If the "super team" concept is how many allstars you have on the team, then they are a super team too. I rather go with the same description as the Warriors, they are a great team and was fun to watch.

Last time we Ws lost the championship to MVP Silver we ended up with KD. A great organization with great ownership, management core players, coaching staff, will always figure it out and come back strong. This is just another year. 3 rings out of 5 finals, I am not complaining nor salty at all.
Yao4REAL
Sophomore

Post#17 » by Yao4REAL » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:29 am

Greg Foster Jr. wrote:

Just stop being salty. While i agree theres a good chance they may not have beaten the most unfairly stacked team in NBA history if Durant wasn't out, but their legendary defence and potent offence stands up with all other championship teams. They barely won? They won in 6, 3 road wins, and the games they did lose they lost mere points at the end because they were facing the best shooting team ever. Its so easy to say if Klay didn't go down Warriors win... despite Raptors leading most of the game and only trailing by 3 when he left. Congrats Raptors!!

Let's see...
They won 1 at Golden State with only Steph playing and they won again with only Steph in the last 2 quarters. This is like FREEBIES imo. The fact that they still struggle and almost lost tonight show how weak they are. With KD and everyone healthy, Toronto is going to look weak. This is the weakest NBA Finals i ever witnessed for a long time.
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,704

Post#18 » by Kurtz » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:43 am

Raptors beat the 3 other best teams in the league, who had a dozen all-stars and multiple mvps between them. One of the toughest roads to the championship in this decade. If u can't appreciate this victory, you owe urself a lot of self-reflection.
dafan590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,185

Post#19 » by dafan590 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:52 am

no time for losers, please ignore the trolls below :lol:
GCougar
Bench Warmer
And1: 878

Post#20 » by GCougar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:02 am

Yao4REAL wrote:
Greg Foster Jr. wrote:

Let's see...
They won 1 at Golden State with only Steph playing and they won again with only Steph in the last 2 quarters. This is like FREEBIES imo. The fact that they still struggle and almost lost tonight show how weak they are. With KD and everyone healthy, Toronto is going to look weak. This is the weakest NBA Finals i ever witnessed for a long time.

Keep telling yourself that. Just remember FLAGS FLY FOREVER. FOREVER.

Return to Wiretap Discussion