ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz rehab and progress

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Re: Markelle Fultz rehab and progress 

Post#21 » by thelead » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
NotACat wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Oh he's gonna hide. At least as much as he can until mid-October, in the hope that the Magic don't see enough bad to want to cut their losses.. That kid knows he can't play. His focus is on nothing but hanging around until he gets that last 12 million option picked up on his rookie contract.

The Magic's best bet is to not pick up that option, no matter what he does in training camp, because no one else is going to bid on him next summer. Just re-sign him for part of the MLE if he's any good.

We're almost definitely going to pick up his option to keep his RFA rights. He's worth the gamble.

If Fultz doesn't give the team enough display to show improvement, I would rather free that $12 mil for someone who can.

If we resign Vuc and/or Ross we’ll be over the cap anyway. You pick up the option and keep evaluating.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#22 » by NotACat » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:38 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
NotACat wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Oh he's gonna hide. At least as much as he can until mid-October, in the hope that the Magic don't see enough bad to want to cut their losses.. That kid knows he can't play. His focus is on nothing but hanging around until he gets that last 12 million option picked up on his rookie contract.

The Magic's best bet is to not pick up that option, no matter what he does in training camp, because no one else is going to bid on him next summer. Just re-sign him for part of the MLE if he's any good.

We're almost definitely going to pick up his option to keep his RFA rights. He's worth the gamble.

If Fultz doesn't give the team enough display to show improvement, I would rather free that $12 mil for someone who can.

I can understand that, but the kid is only 21. I'd rather pay him to see him for another season and guarantee we can bring him back than spend the money on a UFA who doesn't have the kind of upside that Fultz has.
Black Lives Matter
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#23 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:21 am

Nyce_1 wrote:Good thing we have preseason and the start of the season to evaluate before making that option decision.

Indeed.

I mean they could pick his option before end of deadline as sign of good faith but it seems to be jumping a shark type of move that WeHam will avoid.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#24 » by Chris76 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Max Power wrote:I hope Markelle can come back strong and be a major piece for us. I think the lack of press on him is for his benefit to help him focus on recovery. I personally don’t have any expectations. I don’t expect a superstar to emerge from this, but don’t rule it out completely. If he could eventually give us 15ppg and 5 assists at a max I’d take that and run. I don’t think he’s gonna be a 25 and 9 guy. Hell, if he could be a double digit guy in reserve the deal would be worth it.

It should be interesting to see how things work out with Fultz. TOS or Yips are difficult for someone to understand.

Fultz could easily average 15/5/5 with good defense in the right situation.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,768

Post#25 » by Audi » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:59 pm

LloydFree wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I just hope the team doesn't sign his Team Option if he hides from the team and doesn't show any form of improvement. We need proof that he is improving.

Oh he's gonna hide. At least as much as he can until mid-October, in the hope that the Magic don't see enough bad to want to cut their losses.. That kid knows he can't play. His focus is on nothing but hanging around until he gets that last 12 million option picked up on his rookie contract.

Sources?
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#26 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Audi wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I just hope the team doesn't sign his Team Option if he hides from the team and doesn't show any form of improvement. We need proof that he is improving.

Oh he's gonna hide. At least as much as he can until mid-October, in the hope that the Magic don't see enough bad to want to cut their losses.. That kid knows he can't play. His focus is on nothing but hanging around until he gets that last 12 million option picked up on his rookie contract.

Sources?
i shut that dude down already don’t worry about him. They like to pretend they don’t care if he pans out but stalk our boards to comment at the first opportunity.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#27 » by LloydFree » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Audi wrote:

Sources?
i shut that dude down already don’t worry about him. They like to pretend they don’t care if he pans out but stalk our boards to comment at the first opportunity.

LOL. I stopped commenting on the subject because I was wrong to come into your forum and criticize your player.

But as I said before, I already know he's trash. Knew he was trash when the 76ers drafted him. Now the Magic have to find out and waste 22 mllion on him. But that's it. I'm not trying to antagonize anyone else here on the matter anymore.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#28 » by NotACat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:03 am

LloydFree wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Audi wrote:
Sources?

LOL. I stopped commenting on the subject because I was wrong to come into your forum and criticize your player.

But as I said before, I already know he's trash. Knew he was trash when the 76ers drafted him. Now the Magic have to find out and waste 22 mllion on him. But that's it. I'm not trying to antagonize anyone else here on the matter anymore.

Then stop posting here.
Black Lives Matter
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#29 » by MasterGMer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:56 am

The best role for Fultz might be sixth man of the team
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#30 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:37 am

MasterGMer wrote:The best role for Fultz might be sixth man of the team
Why is that? Have you seen him play this year?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#31 » by MasterGMer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:53 am

basketballRob wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:The best role for Fultz might be sixth man of the team
Why is that? Have you seen him play this year?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

just my personal speculation from how he played last year at PHI and my perception
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#32 » by paperboymafia » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Audi wrote:
Sources?

Read your sentences after that sentence. "I was wrong to..." followed by doing exactly what you just said you shouldn't and then have the audacity to say you weren't trying to antagonize anyone. Hahaha, get outta here man. :lol:
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#33 » by PrimeThyme » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:11 pm

Read on Twitter
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#34 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:13 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
Read on Twitter

working out term used extremely carefully you have to imagine. It does look like he has graduated from therapy to lifting but not sure he's on the court yet. Small steps
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#35 » by drsd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:30 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:
Read on Twitter

working out term used extremely carefully you have to imagine. It does look like he has graduated from therapy to lifting but not sure he's on the court yet. Small steps

I am resigned to the idea that Augustin will start on opening night .

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#36 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:32 pm

drsd wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:
Read on Twitter

I see Fultz maybe coming at/after ASB or possibly not even playing this year.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#37 » by swarlesbarkley » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:32 pm

Didn't he recently post videos of himself dunking? Like on his birthday? Or were those old videos that he was re-posting?
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,575

Post#38 » by 3ddman23 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:54 pm

To me if fultz isnt playing by the regular season game 1 then that is a major red flag. He would have had almost a year of time to get better. This can keep lingering on into the regular season cause then it turns in the philly situation all over again. He needs to be ready for the regular season opener.
GO MAGIC
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#39 » by magicman112 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:25 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
Read on Twitter

We'll see they've said they're taking the slow road with him. Not expecting to see him in summer league but hopefully he'll be participating in fall camp.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#40 » by The Effect » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:46 pm

drsd wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:
Read on Twitter

God i hope not

Even if Fultz is a full GO by opening day, i want atleast one more starting caliber PG added. We cant go into next year with DJ and Fultz as our 2 PGs, we just cant

Im still praying we find a way to get D'Lo, but if that doesnt happen, we still need to use whatever capspace we have to bring in someone, and maybe even use our 2nd rounder on someone like Jaylen Hands, Ponds, or Lecque.

Return to Orlando Magic