Draymond Green: 'We're Not Done Yet'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Draymond Green: 'We're Not Done Yet' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:25 am

Draymond Green and Steph Curry remained defiant that the Golden State Warriors' era wasn't over following their NBA Finals loss to the Toronto Raptors.

“I think everybody thinks it’s kind of the end of us. But that’s just not smart. We’re not done yet. We lost this year...I hear a lot of that noise, it’s the end of a run and all that jazz. I don’t see it happening though. We’ll be back," said Green.

Curry pointed to the character of the Warriors' roster for why the team would build upon their 5-year run.

“Our DNA and who we are and the character that we have on this team, I wouldn’t bet against us being back on this stage next year and going forward. So really proud of the way that we fought until the end and this five-year run’s been awesome, but definitely don’t think it’s over.”

Via Bill DiFilippo/Dime Magazine

alienpick
Starter
And1: 614

Re: Draymond Green: 'We're Not Done Yet' 

Post#2 » by alienpick » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:20 am

First time, but I agree with Green. The media is spinning this as the end, but even with losing Durant, they are still the 73-9 team. Klay will resign, they need some fresh cheap legs to replace Livingstone and take some minutes for AI. Otherwise they are good. I don’t see where this Dynasty ends.

Plus, I see Durant staying put due to injury, at least for the next year. Who knows, he might be back for some of the playoffs?
GeekFreak
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#3 » by GeekFreak » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:29 am

Dream on Draymond! It's OVER! It's like trying to tell Chris Farley he didn't win the Chipendales audition?
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#4 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:48 am

I would 100 percent bet on it and a lot of money no KD no Klay Iggy is done.. You will lose Boogie it was be Steph and Draymond that ain't winning many games.. You will be border line playoff team.. Lakers will have LBJ and AD and whatever else they can fit in.. Houston now must be thinking well we dont have to blow it up after all.. If Kawhi signs with Toronto they will be favourites next year followed by the bucks then Philly if they sign Butler and then probably the Lakers if they get AD and then Houston.. Golden state will fall below OKC in betting..
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:50 am

alienpick wrote:First time, but I agree with Green. The media is spinning this as the end, but even with losing Durant, they are still the 73-9 team. Klay will resign, they need some fresh cheap legs to replace Livingstone and take some minutes for AI. Otherwise they are good. I don’t see where this Dynasty ends.

Plus, I see Durant staying put due to injury, at least for the next year. Who knows, he might be back for some of the playoffs?

Klay did his acl who you ganna sign you will have no cap room and down two players Boogie leaves.. This team will struggle to make playoffs next year..
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#6 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:32 am

Draymond has reached out to all players in the NBA to join the warriors next season by sending his recruitment message to everybody in his phonebook. League sources tell ESPN.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#7 » by nedleeds » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Maybe if you could shoot I'd believe you. Have fun actually being guarded for the first time in your NBA career next year.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
xJumpManx
Junior
And1: 23

Post#8 » by xJumpManx » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Unless you get more players to sign for less the Warriors are done for now.
r3demption
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#9 » by r3demption » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 pm

The real question is who did he cry to in the parking lot this year?
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#10 » by Kinger95 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:53 pm

Warriors in 8
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#11 » by Cookin Baskets » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Honestly Draymond shut up, ok even if you were done it wouldn't be a bad thing. NBA fans as a whole are sick of seeing them every single year.

Yea even if they resign Durant and Thompson they are not going to be nearly as good, unless Cousins also comes back to his original form next year. Cousins would be more featured in the offense and the Warriors would need him take on a bigger role for next year with the injuries. He is also a free agent but he didn't do much to generate interest. Still not looking great but you have to wait till the off-season and see what happens before jumping to a firm conclusion.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
Caese
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#12 » by Caese » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:08 pm

"Fun times ahead"
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by Vegeta10176 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:50 am

Cookin Baskets wrote:Honestly Draymond shut up, ok even if you were done it wouldn't be a bad thing. NBA fans as a whole are sick of seeing them every single year.

Yea even if they resign Durant and Thompson they are not going to be nearly as good, unless Cousins also comes back to his original form next year. Cousins would be more featured in the offense and the Warriors would need him take on a bigger role for next year with the injuries. He is also a free agent but he didn't do much to generate interest. Still not looking great but you have to wait till the off-season and see what happens before jumping to a firm conclusion.

Why would Boogie stay.. He will take more money elsewhere..
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#14 » by Cookin Baskets » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:45 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
Cookin Baskets wrote:Honestly Draymond shut up, ok even if you were done it wouldn't be a bad thing. NBA fans as a whole are sick of seeing them every single year.

Why would Boogie stay.. He will take more money elsewhere..

Maybe your right, but he didn't have the best year because he was coming back from injury naturally. Warriors could pay him more if they lose out on Thompson and/or Durant. We'll just have to see. :dontknow:
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#15 » by HDMAVS760CA » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:55 am

Are the warriors 100% done as a dynasty? Nope! They just won't be in the finals next year. Besides, tryna make 6 in a row isn't worth it. Not with the injuries to their current roster. Rumor has it that Iggy & Livingston might retire. Where's Cousins gonna end up?
When you break a long championship drought or went to a championship lots of times in a row, you're entitled to a sub-par year. Its best to take a year off & reload/rebuild. If they do that, then they can make a return as a championship threat in 2021 & beyond. Nobody's gonna do what the celtics & habs did nowadays. These are different times.
Anyone says anything differently is wrong. No surprise that Draymond said that. He loves hearing himself talk, I hate people like that. Its just DRAYMOND BEING DRAYMOND.

Return to Wiretap Discussion