Kings Trade Thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Re: NBA Free Agency / Trade Thread 

Post#161 » by blind prophet » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Silver Man wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:Would the Kings trade picks #40 + #47 + take on John Leur (expiering contract of 7.2million) in exchange for pick #17?

Its part of a three team deal I'm working on for anyone who I curious.

Absolutely.

This seems like the best way to jump into the first round without having to give up too much. Adding an expiring is never a bad thing for a team like us either.

Good point, could see Vlade making an additional trade after this using that salary later.

But I'd decline. I want every cent ready for FA.
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#162 » by OhioKingsFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:47 pm

I'd combine 2nd rounders to jump into the late 1st round (for the flexibility of being able to trade our 2020 1st if the right deal came up), but I don't want to take on salary to do it. FA and trades using cap space are where the team will improve this summer.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#163 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:28 am

I'm calling it now - WCS market is going to be super soft. Hes going to sign in golden state for a cheap prove it deal. Next to Draymond/Iggy his defense wont be such a liability and hes going to look great running up and down the court. Just a prediction I'm feeling
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#164 » by becorz » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:40 pm

OhioKingsFan wrote:I'd combine 2nd rounders to jump into the late 1st round (for the flexibility of being able to trade our 2020 1st if the right deal came up), but I don't want to take on salary to do it. FA and trades using cap space are where the team will improve this summer.

Once the 2019 draft is over, the Kings have the ability to trade any future first round picks again. The Stepien Rule only looks into the future. Once the 2019 draft is over, the Kings owe no more first round picks to anyone, so they are able to trade any future first round picks (but not two consecutive firsts).

https://basketball.realgm.com/article/249279/CBA-Encyclopedia-Stepien-Rule

So, hypothetically, the Kings could even agree to trade a first rounder in 2020 now, as long as the trade isn't official until after the draft. This is a fairly common. Remember, the last day of the 2018/19 league year is June 30. This means current "free agents", such as Willie Cauley-Stein, are technically still under contract to the Kings. On June 30, he becomes a free agent. This means most teams do not have cap space right now. If the Lakers want to trade for Anthony Davis into cap space, they can reach an agreement with NOP now but would have to wait until June 30 to complete the deal, because the Lakers technically don't have space until then.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#165 » by kalenclayton » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:45 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm calling it now - WCS market is going to be super soft. Hes going to sign in golden state for a cheap prove it deal. Next to Draymond/Iggy his defense wont be such a liability and hes going to look great running up and down the court. Just a prediction I'm feeling

My feeling is that he’s going to be a King now. :(
I think there will be more spending money and other teams will bid up the bigger players that we are after (Vucevic, Beverly, Jordan, etc.). That will leave the Kings with a hole at center (likely, unless they overspend like crazy) and the team will run it back with Willie. That’s just the feeling I have.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#166 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:54 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm calling it now - WCS market is going to be super soft. Hes going to sign in golden state for a cheap prove it deal. Next to Draymond/Iggy his defense wont be such a liability and hes going to look great running up and down the court. Just a prediction I'm feeling

My feeling is that he’s going to be a King now. :(
I think there will be more spending money and other teams will bid up the bigger players that we are after (Vucevic, Beverly, Jordan, etc.). That will leave the Kings with a hole at center (likely, unless they overspend like crazy) and the team will run it back with Willie. That’s just the feeling I have.

I think Vuc was always going to get overpaid. You are right about Bev though, if I had to place a bet on him Id say hes back with the Clippers. With them likely missing out on every big free agent, he will get a big 1-2 year deal with them.

However theres still a ton of guys out there who make sense for us.

Guards - Brogdan, Rose, Collison
Wings - Green, Ross, Matthews, Bullock, Ariza
Bigs - Morris, Young, Aminu, Gibson, Dedmon, Lopez, Jonas V.

My thought on this is Klay was always going back to GS. There was a good chance Kawhi was going back to Toronto once they made the finals, and some team will still max out Durant. However now Jimmy, Tobias, Kemba, Middleton - Guys we had no chance for are going to be offered the full max right out of the gate.

I don't see teams rushing to overpay our realistic options just because they missed out on a tier 1 level free agent. These big markets are shooting for the moon. We need to be realistic with our approach from day 1
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#167 » by OhioKingsFan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Of all the "big name" free agents, I really only see SAC as a candidate for Vucevic, and I think he would be unlikely to live up to a Max contract in SAC since I'll bet his usage will take a hit. Even with that being the case, I'd still pursue him, and I'll still be excited to watch how the team improves if he is acquired.
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#168 » by Roddy B for 3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:41 pm

If the Harrison Barnes trade hadn't of happened would Sacremnto have done a tough Dieng + picks #17 + #27 in exchange for picks #40 + #47?

Leaving Sacramento with 40+ million cap space
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#169 » by bleeds_purple » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:23 am

I'd like to make a run at Randle. He could be a really great sixth man.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#170 » by kalenclayton » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:24 am

bleeds_purple wrote:I'd like to make a run at Randle. He could be a really great sixth man.

Are we ok with paying him $15 million per year though?
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#171 » by bleeds_purple » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:26 am

kalenclayton wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:I'd like to make a run at Randle. He could be a really great sixth man.

Yes. Right now my ideal would be lets WCS walk. Bring back Yogi and Brewer. Sign either Harris or Randle, Dedmon, and another guard near-minimum contract for depth.

He brings toughness and can play next to Bagley and Giles.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#172 » by kalenclayton » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:33 am

bleeds_purple wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

Yes. Right now my ideal would be lets WCS walk. Bring back Yogi and Brewer. Sign either Harris or Randle, Dedmon, and another guard near-minimum contract for depth.

He brings toughness and can play next to Bagley and Giles.

I’m cool with those additions, but I don’t think he’d be ok coming off the bench for Giles or even Dedmon. He’s better than both of them and he knows it.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#173 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:16 am

Ham just put out we aren’t interested in Vuc, for what that’s worth
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 154

Post#174 » by Lost in LA » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:57 pm

I would tend to agree with that, he will be too expensive
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#175 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:07 pm

I’m becoming slightly more amenable to a Barnes extension, mainly due to concerns about the quantity of available wings the next couple of years in FA and their attainability, given potential competition. I’d still like it affordable though, which is hard to do to make it worth his while to turn down the last year. Affordable means mid teens (up from the early mid teens I value him as personally)
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#176 » by kalenclayton » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:15 pm

BoogieTime wrote:I’m becoming slightly more amenable to a Barnes extension, mainly due to concerns about the quantity of available wings the next couple of years in FA and their attainability, given potential competition. I’d still like it affordable though, which is hard to do to make it worth his while to turn down the last year. Affordable means mid teens (up from the early mid teens I value him as personally)

I really think you have to offer him 4 years $80 million to get him to opt out and extend. From his perspective, I don’t see any incentive to opt out if it’s lower.

Edit: $75 million is the lowest I could see.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#177 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:27 am

kalenclayton wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:I’m becoming slightly more amenable to a Barnes extension, mainly due to concerns about the quantity of available wings the next couple of years in FA and their attainability, given potential competition. I’d still like it affordable though, which is hard to do to make it worth his while to turn down the last year. Affordable means mid teens (up from the early mid teens I value him as personally)

I really think you have to offer him 4 years $80 million to get him to opt out and extend. From his perspective, I don’t see any incentive to opt out if it’s lower.

This is what I see as well and why I don’t like it.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#178 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:02 am

OGSactownballer wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:

This is what I see as well and why I don’t like it.

Yeah, if it’s around 20, he just hasn’t shown the impact and we’ll have a lot of salary besides him for me to like it
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#179 » by City of Trees » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:29 am

I predict Willie Cauley-Stein returns on his qualifying offer and bets on himself to prove he's worth $100m.

I really hope I'm wrong but its inevitable if the Kings extend a QO.

My hope is the Kings don't extend the QO to Willie and instead go after Brook Lopez.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 944

Post#180 » by tleikheen » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:30 am

The NBA is going to the athletic teams and it blows my mind when you get an athletic team that no team can run with and you add a plodder (B Lopez) to your starting lineup .WCS is only (25Y O),Bagley 3(20 y o),and Harry Giles(21 y o) in your frontline could be the most athletic frontline in the NBA with the fastest PG in the NBA running them. Sacramento has the money for a Jimmy Butler ,he would get Sacramento into the playoffs .

Return to Sacramento Kings