ImageImageImageImageImage

Off-Season Improvements

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Re: Off-Season Improvements 

Post#21 » by SFrush » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:21 am

GswStorm3 wrote:What can they do? You have a late first round pick and the taxpayers Mid Level Exception. What's that going to get you? Austin Rivers and another rookie that can't contribute.

Rudy Gay or Trevor Ariza are not happening. Both will be out of our price range.

Probably so. Guys like Demarre Carroll or Wilson Chandler will probably be the best Myers can do with what we can offer.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#22 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:27 am

Depends on KD's decision and bench upgrade.We got Iggy's and Livingston for one more year, as they will become free agents after the 2020.

Definitely need a reliable scorer/3ball shooter, ball handler, and defender. No more D-Leaguers, please. Also, need someone who can be an instant offense and play at least decent defense to fill the KD void (OK, so that'll be a tough void to fill).

Some ideas:
Backcourt: Wes Mathews, Darren Collison, Terrence Ross
Frontcourt: Nikola Mirotic, Marcus Morris, Rudy Gay, Al-Faroq Aminu, Kenneth Faried

This is with certain these guys may be had for peanuts (or MLE) since they want to chase for a ring (If this team is still built to win).
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#23 » by Samurai » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:47 am

Without KD and Klay, it just isn't possible to make meaningful improvements. Time to pull a Cavaliers special and go from Finals to lottery the next season.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#24 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:21 am

Samurai wrote:Without KD and Klay, it just isn't possible to make meaningful improvements. Time to pull a Cavaliers special and go from Finals to lottery the next season.

Unfortunately (and amazingly) this is not looking like an impossible option right now. The last week has significantly altered the course of this team and they have some really hard decisions to make. But don't forget they're opening a super expensive new stadium next year, I think that has to factor in, in other words I doubt Lacob wants to open it with a tank job.

I think these injuries increase the chance that Draymond is traded because next year is probably a lost year, then what is Dray in years 3-5? Are you really going to max out a guy who will maybe give you 1-2 significant years?
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#25 » by BW32 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:34 am

With the news about Klay I change my stance to doing nothing, if you are not competing for a ship there's no point, not for this core.

Just draft and maybe consider selling off on Andre, he's hinted at retirement when his deal is up so you gotta weigh letting him retire here vs getting something for the future.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#26 » by jamesnamida » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:34 am

Pretty sure Livingston and iggy are not coming back.
One is retiring and another will be moved.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#27 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:43 am

What a crazy turn of events. Next season we're likely going to be without Cousins, Livingston, Iguodala, Jerebko, probably KD, and Klay will sit on the bench most of the year. Are Cook and Bell back? Draymond is under contract but could be traded. We're basically going to have Steph, Evans, and maybe Looney, like the whole team is gone just like that.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#28 » by Swift21 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:53 am

Samurai wrote:Without KD and Klay, it just isn't possible to make meaningful improvements. Time to pull a Cavaliers special and go from Finals to lottery the next season.

Some of you should stop assuming he's re-signing.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#29 » by Kuya » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:07 am

I'm expecting a FULL bench rebuild
Dom801e
Veteran
And1: 861

Post#30 » by Dom801e » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:13 am

My guess is that it all hinges on KD. If he resigns, then they keep the core together.

If not, they resign Klay and trade Green and Iggy for whatever future value they can get. Tank a year and build rebuild around Steph, Klay, and possibly AD.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#31 » by Kuya » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:15 am

so we will get 2 MLE's for Klay and KD if they both re-sign?
Samurai
General Manager

Post#32 » by Samurai » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Swift21 wrote:

I am not assuming he is or is not re-signing. Even if he does, which I am hoping for, the fact remains that he would not play next season and there is no off-season improvement that can come close to replicating KD or Klay. Hence the best bet may be to pull a Cavaliers and hope for a lottery pick. If we can re-sign both KD and Klay, then we can strive to go deep in the playoffs the following season.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#33 » by a8bil » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:07 pm

It was interesting to watch this series, in terms of what the Raps put on the floor. They got basically nothing on the offensive end from Green, but he was still productive in that he played (at times) good defense. Vanvleet gave them inconsistent scoring, but scrappy defense. if you go around their roster, they really didn't get consistent offensive production from anyone besides Leonard, but they got good defensive effort from everyone on the floor--sufficient to harass Steph. by contrast, the Warriors simply got inconsistent performances on both ends of the floor from their non-core players. To me, that was the difference. You can't expect guys like Jerebko, Cook, Bell, etc. to lead us offensively, but if they are not contributing on either end of the floor, GSW can be exploited. I think in the off season they need to re-tool to get guys who can at least be relied up for solid defense and/or rebounding.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#34 » by marthafokker » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Can GSW sign RunTMC for 1 year to open Chase Center? Hell, get Webber too.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Samurai
General Manager

Post#35 » by Samurai » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:13 pm

a8bil wrote:It was interesting to watch this series, in terms of what the Raps put on the floor. They got basically nothing on the offensive end from Green, but he was still productive in that he played (at times) good defense. Vanvleet gave them inconsistent scoring, but scrappy defense. if you go around their roster, they really didn't get consistent offensive production from anyone besides Leonard, but they got good defensive effort from everyone on the floor--sufficient to harass Steph. by contrast, the Warriors simply got inconsistent performances on both ends of the floor from their non-core players. To me, that was the difference. You can't expect guys like Jerebko, Cook, Bell, etc. to lead us offensively, but if they are not contributing on either end of the floor, GSW can be exploited. I think in the off season they need to re-tool to get guys who can at least be relied up for solid defense and/or rebounding.

Teams that rely heavily on 3's will by nature tend to be inconsistent. Certainly there will be times like game 5 when they shoot 25% from deep and lose. But they will have plenty of other games when guys like Green, Siakam, Van Vleet, Gasol, etc. will hit those 3's and win. Those guys shoot well enough that it is reasonable to bank on more good games than bad. When you have guys like Andre, Draymond, McKinnie, etc. taking those open shots, the odds reverse and it is more likely to have poor shooting games than good ones.
Candoni
Freshman
And1: 95

Post#36 » by Candoni » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Gonna be hard to rebuild with 3 max players and nothing but the MLE to play with.

If they max out Klay and Durant the team's salary with the luxury tax repeater penalty will be around 380 million.

That's alot of money, even for Silicon Valley CEO's.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#37 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:37 pm

marthafokker wrote:Can GSW sign RunTMC for 1 year to open Chase Center? Hell, get Webber too.

Our lineup next year is going to look more like Patrick O'Bryant, Troy Murphy, Bimbo Coles, Nick Van Exel, and Vonteego Cummings.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#38 » by marthafokker » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:24 pm

HiRez wrote:
marthafokker wrote:Can GSW sign RunTMC for 1 year to open Chase Center? Hell, get Webber too.

Our lineup next year is going to look more like Patrick O'Bryant, Troy Murphy, Bimbo Coles, Nick Van Exel, and Vonteego Cummings.

Don't forget Dunleavy, he is just working upstairs now.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#39 » by xfactor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:41 pm

Samurai wrote:
Swift21 wrote:

I am not assuming he is or is not re-signing. Even if he does, which I am hoping for, the fact remains that he would not play next season and there is no off-season improvement that can come close to replicating KD or Klay. Hence the best bet may be to pull a Cavaliers and hope for a lottery pick. If we can re-sign both KD and Klay, then we can strive to go deep in the playoffs the following season.

Came here to say essentially this ^^
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,947

Post#40 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:48 pm

HiRez wrote:

I hope so. It's time to rest/tank. Let Curry put on a show 60 games for 30 minutes.

Return to Golden State Warriors