ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Prediction:

Raps In 4
16%
Raptors in 6
52%
Raptors in 7
12%
Warriors in 7
20%

Total votes: 25

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Around The NBA - The Finals Countdown 

Post#641 » by br7knicks » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Context wrote:
Fury wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Correct me how? By saying a player will get reinjured?

Any player can get injured any time. They could also not get injured again. Assuming what happened to the GSW players would have definitely happened to Lin is far from a given.

Other players can risk it for the playoffs, yet this guy won’t go at 85% and gets worshipped for a small sample of good games and then leaving immediately.

Makes no sense and certainly wouldn’t happen for any other player.

No one is celebrating him, but if you think Durant's situation didn't prove anything, then you're in denial. Who the hell are we to judge a player's injury, pain threshold and probability of re-aggravating the injury?

and it was also proven in the SAS-Kawhi situation...Kawhi chose NOT to play for almost an entire year and the following year won a chip :lol:

:clap:
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#642 » by Context » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Fury wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:They took Lin's statement on the 80%-85% and made it a big deal. But he was never expected to be back that soon. Can't blame him for not playing.

We would not have won against the Heat anyway. Never made sense why people were angry about that.

And stupid ass stephen a smith was the same dude leading a mob at Jeremy Lin just like he was pushing for Durant to play in this series

"I DON'T CARE IF HE'S ON ONE LEG 50%. IT'S STILL BETTER THAN *insert bench player* AT 100%"

is he saying anything now? :lol:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#643 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:53 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Context wrote:
Fury wrote:
No one is celebrating him, but if you think Durant's situation didn't prove anything, then you're in denial. Who the hell are we to judge a player's injury, pain threshold and probability of re-aggravating the injury?

and it was also proven in the SAS-Kawhi situation...Kawhi chose NOT to play for almost an entire year and the following year won a chip :lol:

:clap:

Prisoners of the moment with crappy examples on full display by Lin apologists here.

Durant was at risk for an achilles injury.

Kawhi had right thigh tendinopathy and Pop even said he was double for the remainder of the season in February.

Lin had a meniscus tear with a 6 week timetable. His words - he was at 85% when we were in the first round.

But they're all the same situation right?

Once again, people desperate to defend their hilariously awful take try comparing apples to oranges and think they've made some point. What else is new?

I know what's really driving the Lin excuse train and it isn't support for player health :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#644 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:56 pm

That Masai “pushing the deputy” should really be a non story. I’m talking to you Silver and Lacob and whoever.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,787

Post#645 » by Stannis » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 pm

I wonder if LeBron thinks Kawhi is the GOAT now, since he brought Toronto their first championship by beating the Warriors.
Free Palestine
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,914

Post#646 » by stuporman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:58 pm

If Curry was at least average Curry, not epic Curry, just average Curry, the Warriors win this series.... even with all the injuries if Curry hits the shots he typically does, the series goes the other way.

Were the Raptors and their defense responsible for Curry not being epic Curry? Probably. Were they responsible for not being at least average Curry? Possibly, but he's been both average against great defenses and even has been epic against great defenses so that's not the whole story.

Was it that the injuries to others allowed the Raptors to key on Curry so make him less than average Curry? That's very likely and even his own injuries to his fingers probably contributed to him being less than average Curry, too.

Not to discount the Raptors, they are a very balanced, deep, talented and well coached team. They put themselves in the position to take advantage of the opportunity and did what they needed to do in seizing that opportunity to win the title.

It really goes to show that a team doesn't need top home grown lottery talent to succeed. They are an example of another way to build a title team, they did it in a way no other has done it before.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,787

Post#647 » by Stannis » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Last night, we got glimpse of what Curry would have looked like if he was drafted by the Knicks. :lol:
Free Palestine
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#648 » by Oscirus » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:16 pm

stuporman wrote:If Curry was at least average Curry, not epic Curry, just average Curry, the Warriors win this series.... even with all the injuries if Curry hits the shots he typically does, the series goes the other way.

Were the Raptors and their defense responsible for Curry not being epic Curry? Probably. Were they responsible for not being at least average Curry? Possibly, but he's been both average against great defenses and even has been epic against great defenses so that's not the whole story.

Was it that the injuries to others allowed the Raptors to key on Curry so make him less than average Curry? That's very likely and even his own injuries to his fingers probably contributed to him being less than average Curry, too.

Not to discount the Raptors, they are a very balanced, deep, talented and well coached team. They put themselves in the position to take advantage of the opportunity and did what they needed to do in seizing that opportunity to win the title.

It really goes to show that a team doesn't need top home grown lottery talent to succeed. They are an example of another way to build a title team, they did it in a way no other has done it before.

Kerr playing Curry all those minutes in game 3 when they had already conceded it, was a legit horrendous move that will get ignored even though it likely had an effect on the series.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#649 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:53 pm

btw i am enjoying this curry is overrated, he's 1 for 3 in the finals without durant, he won his only finals without durant because of iggy, he won 2 more titles because of durant, and how he's not an all time great talk. :nod:

LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,285

Post#650 » by Hes_On_Fire » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:58 pm

blueNorange wrote:btw i am enjoying this curry is overrated, he's 1 for 3 in the finals without durant, he won his only finals without durant because of iggy, he won 2 more titles because of durant, and how he's not an all time great talk. :nod:

You're enjoying it because you originally made an awful prediction on his future and have been completely wrong since.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#651 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
blueNorange wrote:btw i am enjoying this curry is overrated, he's 1 for 3 in the finals without durant, he won his only finals without durant because of iggy, he won 2 more titles because of durant, and how he's not an all time great talk. :nod:

You're enjoying it because you originally made an awful prediction on his future and have been completely wrong since.

duh, and now i'm enjoying this small window of failure.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#652 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:00 pm

boobie gibson definitely shows up to play last night.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#653 » by 2010 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Torn acl wow. Golden state really must’ve pissed off the b-ball gods

Just a few days ago ppl were trashing Klay as if he wasn’t the only one who showed up every game.

He plays, this goes to 7. He was on his way to 50.

26.0 PPG 4.8 RPG 2.4 APG 0.8 SPG
54% FG 59% 3PT 88% FT

Can lace them up for me anytime.

Some folks here wouldn’t want him.

#greenie

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,183

Post#654 » by DOT » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:13 pm

People don't want Klay?

I mean, I just make fun of when people say he's a superstar, or think he's good enough by himself to lead a good team

There shouldn't be a single team in the league that doesn't want him
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#655 » by br7knicks » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Stannis wrote:I wonder if LeBron thinks Kawhi is the GOAT now, since he brought Toronto their first championship by beating the Warriors.

Especially with all the other superstars he recruited to help him win...
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#656 » by blueNorange » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:59 pm

K-DOT wrote:People don't want Klay?

I mean, I just make fun of when people say he's a superstar, or think he's good enough by himself to lead a good team

There shouldn't be a single team in the league that doesn't want him

i'm never a fan of players that don't go to the free throw line.

when you're shot ain't falling then you're just not scoring, period.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#657 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:42 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:

duh, and now i'm enjoying this small window of failure.

You shouldn't be proud of that. Curry gave us years of unbelievable basketball and an inspiring show. Hating on him, of all people, is shameful.
Bobcat
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#658 » by Bobcat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:43 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Context wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
They also faced a team destroyed by injury. If the Warriors are healthy they win in 5.

If I even ignore that huge point just for sake of discussion then Toronto is still an outlier. Stars over depth has always won titles.

The Nba has always been about your few best players and then you hope you get contributions from a different role player throughout the playoffs because role players are always up and down

toronto whipped gs during the regular season...just stop it and give the raptors credit...

the reg season means nothing for teams like GS :lol:

I hate the Warriors I was rooting hard for Toronto but let’s be honest they ain’t beating a healthy GS team

Well how about last years western finals? Warriors won in 7 against Houston. The Warriors were at full strength. I think this year's Raptor team is much better than last years Rockets. On paper Golden State are great but the game is played on the court. The Raptors would of given a full strength Warrior team a battle.
Jesus Juice
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#659 » by Jesus Juice » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:56 am

Bobcat wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Context wrote:toronto whipped gs during the regular season...just stop it and give the raptors credit...

I hate the Warriors I was rooting hard for Toronto but let’s be honest they ain’t beating a healthy GS team

Well how about last years western finals? Warriors won in 7 against Houston. The Warriors were at full strength. I think this year's Raptor team is much better than last years Rockets. On paper Golden State are great but the game is played on the court. The Raptors would of given a full strength Warrior team a battle.

Probably would of given them a good run, but this series goes seven if the Raptors have to account for Klay in that fourth quarter of game six. Watching GS fight and play Toronto so close, a healthy Klay and Durant not to mention an in game shape Boogie and unbroken clavicle for looney?? Not hard to imagine a different outcome.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#660 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:42 am

dakomish23 wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Context wrote:toronto whipped gs during the regular season...just stop it and give the raptors credit...

With Klay for 5 games they push it to 7.

Then it’s a toss up.

Idk how they look against TOR if GSW has KD b/c everyone drops down a notch.

Toronto has always been in games regardless of who played. Not saying they aren't outsiders but this shouldn't be the narrative.

Return to New York Knicks