ImageImageImageImageImage

Off-Season Improvements

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Re: Off-Season Improvements 

Post#41 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Have a feeling that mid way through the season Draymond will be traded and Curry will develop a lingering "injury".
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#42 » by FNQ » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Here's our offseason, ideally:

- KD likely leaves
- Klay is likely out til the all-star break, if not April
- I really dont want Cousins back. I'm sorry, but he did nothing to change his narrative. Mistake prone player who doesnt have the 'win' intangible.

- re-sign Looney
- convince Livingston to give it one more year
- re-sign Cook
- sign Vince Carter, Wesley Matthews

lineup for next season:

Curry (34) / Cook (10) / Livingston (4)
Matthews (24) / Carter (16) / Livingston (4)
Iguodala (28) / McKinnie (16) / D. Lee (4)
Draymond (34) / J. Bell (14)
Looney (28) / D. Jones (14) / J. Bell (6)

And do all we can to stay afloat til Klay comes back. Frankly, I think this is still a 50 win team.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#43 » by BW32 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Wes Matthews is a cancer level chucker, he's worse than Jordan Crawford.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#44 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 pm

FNQ wrote:Here's our offseason, ideally:

- KD likely leaves
- I really dont want Cousins back. I'm sorry, but he did nothing to change his narrative. Mistake prone player who doesnt have the 'win' intangible.

- re-sign Looney
- re-sign Cook

lineup for next season:

And do all we can to stay afloat til Klay comes back. Frankly, I think this is still a 50 win team.

Klay stays; Keeping the Splash Bros alive.
GTFO Cousins!
Cook is a liability on defense (As shown from yesterday's game). Dude can shoot it, though.
Carter? Wes Mathews? I guess if we're scraping crap at the bottom of the crap barrel, why not?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by FNQ » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:54 pm

BW32 wrote:Wes Matthews is a cancer level chucker, he's worse than Jordan Crawford.

lol not even close. He can stripe open 3s and is a solid enough defender. And most of his shots are assisted. Do you even remember how Jordan Crawford played? His best defensive season was far worse than Matthews' worst
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by FNQ » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:56 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
FNQ wrote:Here's our offseason, ideally:

- KD likely leaves

- re-sign Looney
- re-sign Cook

lineup for next season:

Klay stays; Keeping the Splash Bros alive.
GTFO Cousins!
Cook is a liability on defense (As shown from yesterday's game). Dude can shoot it, though.
Carter? Wes Mathews? I guess if we're scraping crap at the bottom of the crap barrel, why not?

Both are 3&D types who will likely come on minimum deals. I'd imagine that if/when we spend the taxpayer MLE, it will be on a SF, to limit Iguodala's minutes.
jaymo123
Starter

Post#47 » by jaymo123 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:33 pm

I am going to add a couple of things I did not add yesterday.

First, I want Steph to get back to shooting more 2's and floaters. A few years ago, he shot floaters at a high level. He and the team rely too much on 3's and it hurts him as the season goes on because he has no legs by the finals. A couple times last night, I wish Steph pumped-faked and drove to shoot the 2 or the floater rather than take an off-balance, fade away 3. When he did, he usually had success. To me, those are great shots because it puts the defense on its heels as the game goes along.

Second, I want to see Klay get back to his post game when he gets back from injury. With Mark Jackson as head coach, Klay had a good post game. Kerr has gone away from that. Klay should be taking advantage of every small guard on the post.

Third, Draymond needs to develop some sort of post game, a floater, and provide decent shooting from 3. Draymond, like Klay, needs to dominate smaller defenders in the post and when he gets a pass in the lane, look to take the shot rather than always look to pass. He has to be some type of threat.

Lastly, Bob Myers needs to do a better job of bringing in bench players who fit today's NBA. I love Livingston but if Kerr is not going to use him correctly, he should not be on this team. Maybe Kerr and Myers need to do better.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#48 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 pm

I definitely wouldn't mind Kenneth Faried if he's interested for the min. We need more high energy guys who can get high percentage easy buckets and putbacks close to the hoop. I think he's a UFA now.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,265

Post#49 » by CS707 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:56 pm

Isn’t Bell a FA? I’m not sure he’s worth bringing back at this point. There’s only so much dumb we can allocate to the center position and Damian Jones is already under contract.
nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#50 » by nismolos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:57 pm

Don’t sleep on Marcus Derrickson
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#51 » by azwfan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:39 pm

nismolos wrote:Don’t sleep on Marcus Derrickson

Don't mind giving him a shot, along with others... but if he's part of the plan we are in more trouble than i thought.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#52 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:44 pm

If we can buy into the 2nd round, I'd take a look at LSU's Naz Reid.

Athletic and plays above the rim. Can get physical and bang with the bigs (Might develop into an offensive rebounding monster), very skilled in the low-post (Has an potential in-and-out game since he can shoot it beyond the perimeter), and handles like a guard for a 6'10" PF. Only knock is that he's a little green and not mature as he's only a freshmen.

I'd take him, especially when he's young and can learn good bball habits from the vets and coaching staff.

[youtube]/youtube]
jaymo123
Starter

Post#53 » by jaymo123 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:25 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:If we can buy into the 2nd round, I'd take a look at LSU's Naz Reid.

Athletic and plays above the rim. Can get physical and bang with the bigs (Might develop into an offensive rebounding monster), very skilled in the low-post (Has an potential in-and-out game since he can shoot it beyond the perimeter), and handles like a guard for a 6'10" PF. Only knock is that he's a little green and not mature as he's only a freshmen.

I'd take him, especially when he's young and can learn good bball habits from the vets and coaching staff.

[youtube]/youtube]

Has potential but kinda reminds me of Jeff Green. Has all the tools, but may not put them together with the effort needed.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#54 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:40 am

HiRez wrote:I definitely wouldn't mind Kenneth Faried if he's interested for the min. We need more high energy guys who can get high percentage easy buckets and putbacks close to the hoop. I think he's a UFA now.

Awesome Idea. I love it. Vet min only, but would be great to see him and Draymond wreck shop.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#55 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:35 pm

jaymo123 wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:If we can buy into the 2nd round, I'd take a look at LSU's Naz Reid.

[youtube]/youtube]

Has potential but kinda reminds me of Jeff Green. Has all the tools, but may not put them together with the effort needed.

Jeff Green isn't too bad of a player. Marginal role player to fringe starter. I'd say this kid handles the ball like a guard. Definitely can be used to take centers either off the dribble-penetration or he can kick it out to open players on the perimeter for the wide open 3. But, knock on him is that he plays too much like a guard most times with his 6'10" frame (He has some inside game, too).

I'd still take him though since his physical tools are there. Just need the refinement and establish good bball habits.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#56 » by wco81 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:44 pm

FNQ wrote:
BW32 wrote:Wes Matthews is a cancer level chucker, he's worse than Jordan Crawford.

lol not even close. He can stripe open 3s and is a solid enough defender. And most of his shots are assisted. Do you even remember how Jordan Crawford played? His best defensive season was far worse than Matthews' worst

He's career 38.2% from 3. When he was waived by the Knicks, many here were hoping he'd join the Warriors.

His percentage went down a little in the first couple of seasons after his Achilles injury but went back up.

His problem is that he will do the heat checks a little too often.

His overall FG% is down about 5 points since the Achilles so he probably doesn't have the same athleticism to finish inside the paint.

Not sure how he defends after the injury either but he's really a pit bull about taking on the best players -- very willing if he doesn't have the ability any more.

Hmm, maybe a DPE for him might not be too bad.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#57 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:33 am

DPE - Rudy Gay 9 mil

MLE - Redick or Ellington

VET MIN - Derrick Rose
VET MIN - Kenneth Faried

Other potential Vet min....Mo Speights, Javale McGee.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#58 » by wco81 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:46 am

Someone suggested the Warriors should have given Ellington the MLE last year.

But actually, Jones was so horrible and even if he didn't get injured, the Warriors would have scrambled for another center.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#59 » by SFrush » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:16 am

Mylie10 wrote:DPE - Rudy Gay 9 mil

VET MIN - Derrick Rose
VET MIN - Kenneth Faried

Not bad.

Rose will probably get better offers though.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#60 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:34 am

SFrush wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:DPE - Rudy Gay 9 mil

VET MIN - Derrick Rose
VET MIN - Kenneth Faried

Not bad.

Rose will probably get better offers though.

I wanna add Beverly or Robin Lopez to the MLE list. Either guy would be a really good fit.
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors