TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#21 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:21 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
6 pick is about 4.8M. 27th is about 2M. Dinwiddie makes a little over 10M. Making that deal frees up essentially about $7M.

We're at 48M with Russell's cap hold. So this gives us about $56M cap space.

You need 64M for Kyrie plus Tobias for example. You need 59M for Kyrie plus rookie max (say Porz).

Just..stop guys. It's not worth blowing up this team.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

To be fair trading dinwiddie and 27th pick for a lottery pick whilst trying to keep D'Lo is hardly blowing up the team. But thank you for explaining the cap situation as you probably have done in other threads. lol

Well trading Din for 6th pick still leaves us 8M short of Tobias max. So who's next? Prince + Musa + Kurucs or Joe's 7M.

That's too much IMO for Tobias.

Which is why I think Okobo (who makes barely more than the minimum cap hold) & a future pick makes the most sense. Bring in a young PG that we were high on pre-draft & can serve as 3rd string plus a future asset.

That being said, if you can get the #6 or #7 for Dinwiddie & #27 (I doubt it), and you think there's a guy there that can step in to the stretch 4/big wing slot & help right away (e.g. Hunter or Reddish), then forget Harris all together.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#22 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:03 pm

I would trade Dinwiddie for a protected future 1st and Okobo or even Okobo and two 2nds. We need to clear the space.

I love Spencer but Caris has become a formidable north south threat, Irving gets to the basket at his leisure. We need to keep DLO.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#23 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I would trade Dinwiddie for a protected future 1st and Okobo or even Okobo and two 2nds. We need to clear the space.

I love Spencer but Caris has become a formidable north south threat, Irving gets to the basket at his leisure. We need to keep DLO.

PHX has Milwaukee’s 1st next year. Feels a bit light, but I doubt they’ll trade theirs.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#24 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:32 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
To be fair trading dinwiddie and 27th pick for a lottery pick whilst trying to keep D'Lo is hardly blowing up the team. But thank you for explaining the cap situation as you probably have done in other threads. lol

Well trading Din for 6th pick still leaves us 8M short of Tobias max. So who's next? Prince + Musa + Kurucs or Joe's 7M.

That's too much IMO for Tobias.

Which is why I think Okobo (who makes barely more than the minimum cap hold) & a future pick makes the most sense. Bring in a young PG that we were high on pre-draft & can serve as 3rd string plus a future asset.

That being said, if you can get the #6 or #7 for Dinwiddie & #27 (I doubt it), and you think there's a guy there that can step in to the stretch 4/big wing slot & help right away (e.g. Hunter or Reddish), then forget Harris all together.

Just for arguments sake, if Phoenix would trade the 6 for Dinwiddie, and then someone would take Joe Harris for pure cap, let's just look at things cumulatively...

Dinwiddie
Joe Harris
17th overall pick
2020 1st round pick permanently lottery protected

for

Extra cap room needed for Kyrie while retaining DLo
Tobias Harris
6xth overall pick

Nets win the cumulative exchanges by a country mile.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#25 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:40 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
Trading Dinwiddie and the 27 pick to phoenix for the 6 pick would open up more cap space. I havent done the math but that would get us close to keeping D'Lo and 2 max players?

6 pick is about 4.8M. 27th is about 2M. Dinwiddie makes a little over 10M. Making that deal frees up essentially about $7M.

We're at 48M with Russell's cap hold. So this gives us about $56M cap space.

You need 64M for Kyrie plus Tobias for example. You need 59M for Kyrie plus rookie max (say Porz).

Just..stop guys. It's not worth blowing up this team.

Still would have LeVert, DLo, Allen, Kurucs, Musa, agreed, wouldn't be blowing the team up. Definitely a ton of change, but still 3 of the true core guys from the rebuild and 2 guys meant to eventually be, all while adding 2 major established talents in their young primes and a high lotto pick to hopefully become yet another young building block on rookie scale.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#26 » by karkinos » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:52 pm

as a laker fan it hurts but i am happy 1. dlo is doing well 2. bkn nets fans are appreciating him greatly

he's a superb talent
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#27 » by iamworthy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:53 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#28 » by GTR11 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:21 am

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Yeah I was expecting it happen a a little bit later but there is no way to keep D.LO if Marks got 2 max FA that willing to sign. I just hope it ain't KD because it'll horrible gamble imo. 23 year old All Star that fits this system nicely for washed up KD? I think Marks looking beyond this FA possible trade maybe.
Dinwiddy, LeVert, Harris and Allen all great complimentary players that need to be maintained. We just witnessed that depth is very important due to load management.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,237

Post#29 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:27 am

Ohh noooo this can't happen, Well if worst comes to worst we can match any offer DLO accepts. Just have to hope he waits until the other guys sign so we can see where everybody goes. I'm only giving up on DLo if we sign KD or Kawhi. Butler, Tobias and others are not worth letting DLo go.
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#30 » by JoseRizal » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:28 am

I’m still not convinced that we’ll renounce Russell just like that. Last time I checked, this ain’t the Lakers/Knicks FO we’re talking about...
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#31 » by iamworthy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:33 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#32 » by JoseRizal » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:38 am

^^ That’s a more sensible take. I don’t really see any reason to let D’lo go baring a KD/Kawhi signing, since he’s a positive asset moving forward.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#33 » by iamworthy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:39 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#34 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:52 am

So if the Nets walk away from DLO, they are going to have to pay to keep both Joe and Spencer in the same offseason that decisions have to be made on LeVert and Prince. WTF?

I'm about to drink. I can't deal with this....we're about to let a 23 year old all star WALK for nothing.

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,237

Post#35 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:59 am

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is EXACTLY what I've BEEN saying for the past weeks. DLO is still too young to give up on for Butler or anybody else other than Kawhi or KD. He's a RFA so we can always match whatever contract he signs, we just have to hope it's after we see what Kawhi and KD does.
JoseRizal
General Manager

Post#36 » by JoseRizal » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:04 am

MrDollarBills wrote:So if the Nets walk away from DLO, they are going to have to pay to keep both Joe and Spencer in the same offseason that decisions have to be made on LeVert and Prince. WTF?

I'm about to drink. I can't deal with this....we're about to let a 23 year old all star WALK for nothing.

Tbh, I’d rather retain 5 years of D’lo over keeping both Dinwiddie & Harris who may command a larger salary by the time their respective contracts are up. He is younger, greater upside, should be a no-brainer imo.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#37 » by Prokorov » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:10 am

ill lose my crap if marks signs kyrie and lets Dlo walk without kawhi or KD also signing here.

it would be a huge mistake.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#38 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:18 am

I'm legit heated about this. unless its Durant or Leonard, you absolutely should ship Dinwiddie out to make up the difference and sign Russell over the cap.

I'm not down with trading out a 23 year old all star in favor of keeping two guys who most likely leave next season on bigger individual contracts.

I'll wait til Woj or Shams chimes in.

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#39 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:19 am

The other option if Kyrie leaves Boston is to swap him with Russell in a double sign and trade - no BYC on your end if he’s signed into cap space, and Kyrie counts as 20 million outgoing from Boston and 32 million incoming to Brooklyn - DAR’s 25 million is just about there - you might have to take on Yabusele’s 3 million dollar expiring season, but you’d be able to keep Dinwiddie and Harris, and possibly Ed Davis and Rondae too..
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#40 » by Born_Ready » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:22 am

Until I see a notification from Woj I won't fret.

I hope this is all speculation, some team trying to stir **** up to cause a schism within the lockeroom, etc.

As for the brain trust of Mark's and company, I trust they have a plan. I cannot forsee them ridden themselves of the rising all star they stole from LA not too long ago.

Personally, I think D'Angelo gets a long term deal and we can laugh about these rumors at a later date. When I think of the Nets future, I think of D'Angelo Russell as a permanent fixture.
OKC Thunder fan, too.

Return to Brooklyn Nets