We're finally going to get to see how good Curry is.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Re: We're finally going to get to see how good Curry is. 

Post#81 » by BallerTalk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:43 am

clyde21 wrote:
how was mine dishonest? he literally led the Warriors to a 51 win season in 13-14, and 47 the year before. Does that not count as 'carrying'?

Come on now. You literally said Curry was leading the Warriors to 50 win seasons...plural.
That is just not true.

Moreover, you implied that he did it on a regular basis when in reality he barely did it once.

Curry is a good enough player that you should be able to defend him without stretching the truth.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#82 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:44 am

BallerTalk wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
how was mine dishonest? he literally led the Warriors to a 51 win season in 13-14, and 47 the year before. Does that not count as 'carrying'?

Come on now. You literally said Curry was leading the Warriors to 50 win seasons...plural.
That is just not true.

Moreover, you implied that he did it on a regular basis when in reality he barely did it once.

Curry is a good enough player that you should be able to defend him without stretching the truth.

it's a figure of speech, it's how people talk. if you want to flex nuts over semantics, go right ahead, but the point still stands.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by BallerTalk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:13 am

clyde21 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

That is just not true.

it's a figure of speech, it's how people talk. if you want to flex nuts over semantics, go right ahead, but the point still stands.

Dude, you're tap dancing your ass off :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you called me disingenuous.

Good show.
-
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#84 » by Ugly Duckling » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:20 am

Curry will still be the best PG in the NBA next yr and his numbers will be INSANE. He might win MVP and make a case for BPA (best player alive) although he will also begin his decline and his percentages will suffer. I honestly think the Warriors are screwed. It feels like they might actually supermax KD and max Klay
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#85 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:40 am

BallerTalk wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
That is just not true.

Good show.

You listed Curry's 24 game season as part of your argument, yes that's disingenuous
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by BallerTalk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 am

clyde21 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Good show.

You listed Curry's 24 game season as part of your argument, yes that's disingenuous

You said Curry was leading the Warriors to 50 win seasons way before Kerr got there, yes that's a LIE.

Look, just admit your error and move forward.
-
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by BallerTalk » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:57 am

Rauxcee wrote:Curry may struggle. Not because he isn't great, but because when you are the only offensive threat on the team, defenses can zero in on you with 2-3 defenders and force the rest of the team to shoot and beat you.

lvckv wrote:Asking a player to carry such a bad offensive supporting cast is dumb.
Curry is being held to standards literally nobody else ever has.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
-
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#88 » by whatisacenter » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:04 am

bmurph128 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:should be fascinating! I think a good comparison would be LeBron. This year we got to see what he could do on his own and he missed the playoffs.

That is not a good comparison, at all. Who was the Lakers 2nd best player last year? Not as good as Draymond. Kerr has also been proven to be an elite head coach. Lakers showed to be a complete dumpster fire and it had nothing to do with LeBron.

The best comparison would be Giannis. Both have good head coaches and are/would be surrounded by role players.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

I guess you're right. Steph will have Draymond, while he only averaged 7.4 ppg game this year, could probably bump that up to 9 next year. Then he has Iguadala who you can pencil in to play at least 65 games and pour in another 6 ppg. And then he can count on the likes of Quinn Cook, Damian Jones, Jacob Evans and don't sleep on, Alfonzo McKinnie, who at 26 years of age just played his first year in the NBA but has plenty of upside. Maybe Jordan Bell will play himself out of the doghouse and don't forget they might be able to convert a couple of G league 2-way players. That roster does sound equal to the Bucks roster now that you mention it.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#89 » by jfs1000d » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:08 am

Huh?

Curry still has Cousins and Draymond.

Draymond going to the hall Of fame guys. Dude is a modern day Rodman.

I think what we will see is Draymond get the ball more. He is a great player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
clyde21
RealGM

Post#90 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:10 am

BallerTalk wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

Good show.

You said Curry was leading the Warriors to 50 win seasons way before Kerr got there, yes that's a LIE.

Look, just admit your error and move forward.

Lol, so you do wanna flex nuts over semantics
clyde21
RealGM

Post#91 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:10 am

jfs1000d wrote:Huh?

Curry still has Cousins and Draymond.

Draymond going to the hall Of fame guys. Dude is a modern day Rodman.

I think what we will see is Draymond get the ball more. He is a great player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cousins is gone
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#92 » by 6ixSideSniper » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:13 am

clyde21 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

That is just not true.

My god, your over-usage of the word “literally” leads me to believe you don’t know what it means.

You got caught exaggerating and now you’re making it seem like the dude is nuts. This is rich :lol:
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
clyde21
RealGM

Post#93 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:17 am

6ixSideSniper wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
That is just not true.

My god, your over-usage of the word “literally” leads me to believe you don’t know what it means.

You got caught exaggerating and now you’re making it seem like the dude is nuts. This is rich :lol:

OMG I GOT CAUGHT
KG and Truth
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#94 » by KG and Truth » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:19 am

I don't really think we're gonna get a Harden in '17-18 or 18-19 season from Curry next year. He turns 32 in March, he just went to 5 straight finals and now GS is gonna bust his ass so they can win 50 games with a depleted roster? I think he plays 32 minutes a game and they let the chips fall were they may.

It just isn't going to be a very good roster and the West, while not very good at the top besides Hou and possibly LAL, is very deep with a lot of teams that want to give it back to GS for the last 5 years of domination.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,537

Post#95 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:22 am

The issue is not being without Thompson and Durant, but how to fill up the rest of the roster. If the warrioris can add a couple of 3&D players able to provide decent spacing, unlike what we saw in the Finals, the warriors would still be dangerous.
But there's the real risk they will be in Apron with Durnat and Klay out.
Maybe an injury exception?

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
Слава Украине!
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#96 » by 6ixSideSniper » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:22 am

clyde21 wrote:
6ixSideSniper wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

OMG I GOT CAUGHT

Your deflecting and backpedaling is amazing, kudos :lol:
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#97 » by jpengland » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:25 am

GYK wrote:we will see how he is without a 20ppg on his team.
the beauty of that backcourt is that they both are screen running players. major threats off ball. people like to think of his style of play as selfless but its pretty much waiting for a shooter to get open. now the other option is gone and it's waiting for one particular shooter to get off screen.
we're going to see the difference between he and Reggie/Ray.

He barely has a 10ppg teammate.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#98 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:26 am

BallerTalk wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:Curry may struggle. Not because he isn't great, but because when you are the only offensive threat on the team, defenses can zero in on you with 2-3 defenders and force the rest of the team to shoot and beat you.

lvckv wrote:Asking a player to carry such a bad offensive supporting cast is dumb.
Curry is being held to standards literally nobody else ever has.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Lilliard has never led his team anywhere significant.

Harden has a pretty good team, one tailor made for him. He also hasn't won anything significant.

Westbrook is a joke. He has played with James Harden, Kevin Durant, Paul George, Victor Oladipo, and got nowhere :lol:
KG and Truth
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#99 » by KG and Truth » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:29 am

Iggy just isn't an 82 game player anymore, goes like 20 mins. It wouldn't shock me if they just dealt him to save on their luxury tax bill and he re-signed in 2020 for cheap.

Looney-Dray-Iggy-Curry and some roleplayers just isn't going to be enough in the West.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#100 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:30 am

6ixSideSniper wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
6ixSideSniper wrote:

OMG I GOT CAUGHT

Your deflecting and backpedaling is amazing, kudos :lol:

OMg SeMaNtiCs

Return to The General Board