We're finally going to get to see how good Curry is.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,054

Re: We're finally going to get to see how good Curry is. 

Post#121 » by Rauxcee » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:42 pm

BallerTalk wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:Curry may struggle. Not because he isn't great, but because when you are the only offensive threat on the team, defenses can zero in on you with 2-3 defenders and force the rest of the team to shoot and beat you.

lvckv wrote:Asking a player to carry such a bad offensive supporting cast is dumb.
Curry is being held to standards literally nobody else ever has.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Lillard has CJ and Westbrook has George and had KD. Not sure they belong in that discussion.

I was also more referring to Donovan Mitchell. Now he's nowhere near any of those guys, specifically Curry, but the Jazz use him like he is. He is the only offensive threat the Jazz have, and it doesn't work.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#122 » by Soulyss » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:59 pm

Curry is great, however I think you will see how important that elite supporting cast is.. I don't think this will ding Curry's legacy which should be pretty well locked in stone as the greatest shooter of all time (Sorry Reggie & Ray!). I do think this will provide more appreciation for players who have been elite or near elite but didn't have the same level of supporting cast: Lillard, Kemba, and Conley come to mind in that regard
Admiral-Kizaru
Veteran
And1: 2,492

Post#123 » by Admiral-Kizaru » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Damn Warriors finally lose and Bmurph finally comes out of hiding.
ooptolebron
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,208

Post#124 » by ooptolebron » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:20 pm

clyde21 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:
playoffs wrote:You're right, this is way worse than trying to get half your team traded, getting coaches fired, and blaming everyone else but yourself for every failure.

Didn't say anything about LeBron, and didn't compare the two. The person I quoted said that there's nothing to hate about curry when there is.

You hate him because he pointed and laughed at a ref? :lol:

-Pretended to poop on Cleveland's court after KD hit a clutch 3
-"hope their locker room still smells like champagne"
-"I brought a chip to cleveland before lebron did"
-pointing at refs
-dancing/celebrating after every 3

While none of these things are grevious, what annoys a lot of people is how he pretends to be Mr. Goody Two Shoes humble choir boy, when in reality he is a petty, conceited showboater.

Miami Heat vs. LA Lakers NBA Finals 2011 - Miami in 6
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,268

Post#125 » by r0drig0lac » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Rauxcee wrote:Curry may struggle. Not because he isn't great, but because when you are the only offensive threat on the team, defenses can zero in on you with 2-3 defenders and force the rest of the team to shoot and beat you.

It's next to impossible to get anywhere significant with only 1 offensive player.

basically what gsw's defense did to Kawhi in most of the finals, or how gsw defends Harden in the playoffs (or Lillard), etc., even in Curry's best offensive years, he had Klay Thompson (an offensive force of nature) your side.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,139

Post#126 » by druggas » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:07 pm

The Flying Gent wrote:How good is leBron? Jordan? They never won by 'themselves'.

You're comparing Curry to those two?
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#127 » by afarmenian » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:18 pm

ooptolebron wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Didn't say anything about LeBron, and didn't compare the two. The person I quoted said that there's nothing to hate about curry when there is.

You hate him because he pointed and laughed at a ref? :lol:

-Pretended to poop on Cleveland's court after KD hit a clutch 3
-"hope their locker room still smells like champagne"
-"I brought a chip to cleveland before lebron did"
-pointing at refs
-dancing/celebrating after every 3

While none of these things are grevious, what annoys a lot of people is how he pretends to be Mr. Goody Two Shoes humble choir boy, when in reality he is a petty, conceited showboater.

Preach.

On the court Curry personally for me is a huge fraud when it comes to that kind of stuff. Phoney humble guy it's probly why a lot of people don't like him in the NBA community
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#128 » by The_Hater » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:26 pm

I think most people already know how good Curry is, but 30+ ppg seems to be in the cards for next season.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The4thHorseman
Head Coach
And1: 4,494

Post#129 » by The4thHorseman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:43 pm

playoffs wrote:There's no such thing as one player carrying a team by himself.

Jordan didn't carry the Bulls by himself.

Kobe didn't carry the Lakers by himself (when he did they missed the playoffs).

Duncan didn't carry the Spurs by himself.

LeBron played in the minor leag.. I mean, the Eastern conference, and had Wade/Bosh in Miami and Kyrie/Love on the Cavs. Granted, in 2007 and 2018 he led relatively weak rosters to the finals and in 2015 he led a strong but depleted roster, but again, he got there from the East, which is an entirely different animal than the conference Steph is playing in.

I'll be curious to see what Steph can do with this depleted roster, but expecting him to do the impossible to 'prove' his greatness is asinine.

It doesn't matter what conference Steph is playing in, the last 3yrs he's had an All-star team, the 2 prior to that he had the 2nd best 3PT shooter in the league, B2B runner-up for DPOY and a deep bench. His teams have been head and shoulders above all in terms of talent. Now that isn't going to be there, can he lead the team to above .500?? Make the postseason???
Lebr0nJames
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#130 » by Lebr0nJames » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:21 pm

To be honest? There wasn't much that Curry could do. 7ft or wing players were playing second line of defense on Curry, with Vanvleet who we all know is a great on ball defender despite his size. Curry isn't the best player in the world everyone made him out to be in 2016 but he still a great 2nd option for a championship or the guy who will get you to the finals but not win as the 1st option.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#131 » by Lamak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:24 pm

I'm expecting an MVP level season from Curry next year, should be fun. 30ppg or close to it.
Brooklyn Nets
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#132 » by Tiny ball » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:32 pm

I would limit his minutes and games played. Keep him in the gym getting stronger for the next year.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#133 » by Tiny ball » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:36 pm

druggas wrote:
The Flying Gent wrote:How good is leBron? Jordan? They never won by 'themselves'.

Well neither one could shoot like Curry.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,139

Post#134 » by druggas » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
druggas wrote:

Curry can't and never defend like these two.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,646

Post#135 » by Phystic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:15 pm

When did Kobe lead a team to a top 4 seed that would normally be a lottery team? I legitimately don't remember that. I know he got them in a the playoffs a couple years but don't remember it being top 4.

If the team is exactly the same as it is now, without Klay and KD, it's near impossible for them to get a top 4 seed in the West. In fact I'd the better debate is if they're a playoff team. AI and Livingston will be another year older, Cousins may or may not be there, Draymond will actually be defended so his already pisspoor shooting will get worse. I just don't see there being enough on that team to prevent teams from doing exactly what the Raptors did to Curry. Curry will still have a good scoring average, but the Warriors can't win consistently like that in my opinion. He needs another threat out there.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#136 » by Tiny ball » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:38 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
LKN wrote:Carrying a team all by yourself has never been done and is a stupid goal for any player/organization
Nobody is asking him to carry the time to the finals. People on here consistently call him a top 5 player. Well a top 5 player should be able to carry a team including Draymond, iggy, and cousins to the playoffs rather easily. People make it seem like cousins wasnt putting up 16/8 coming off a torn achillies before his quad injury. Hes still very capable of spending the summer rehabbing and getting back to a 20/10 guy.

Draymond was always a triple double threat who was marginalized playing with 3 other goat level scorers. Hes a 14/10/7 guys as a 3rd option.

If cousins comes back healthy, and curry is as good as people claim, this team should have no problem winning 50 games and making the playoffs.

Winning a title is not what anyone is asking him to do.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app

He has too many miles on his body. He should be rested and sat down. Limited minutes limited games..imho
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#137 » by EricAnderson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:39 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
strawberryLTR22 wrote:Curry is smart. He’s not going to use next season to pad his individual stats. The Warriors will use next season to develop their younger players and build their confidence.

You won’t see Curry making faces, pointing fingers, trying to trade everyone, trying to fire the coach, or crying to the media about how he doesn’t have enough help.

You won’t see Curry wearing a $2 cast on his hand after a loss. You won’t see Curry posting cryptic tweets to undermine the team.

Yeah, he's not LeBron definitely. :lol:

Curry remains one of the most likable stars in history, there's really nothing to hate, either on or off the court.

Nothing to hate? How bout his dancing and taunting after baskets?
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#138 » by Tiny ball » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:40 pm

druggas wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
druggas wrote:You're comparing Curry to those two?

Curry can't and never defend like these two.

I never said he could?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#139 » by Clemenza » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Sad to see the injuries on the Warriors but I honestly don't see them making the playoffs next season with KD and Klay out. Teams are going to double and triple team Curry all season plus they'll have to give him huge amounts of 'load management'. If they max out Klay and KD where's the money going to come from for quality role players who can score?
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#140 » by EricAnderson » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:46 pm

I just think people have been trying g to crowbar Curry into an all time great and there’s a narrative that Curry is somehow a top 10 level player of all time and on the level of a Lebron is just crazy. I mean how could anyone take Curry in his prime over Lebron? Aside from shooting Lebron destroys him in every other category

It’s like saying Isiah was on Jordan’s level

Return to The General Board