ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread 3 - Draftage: Music to Select Your Young Prospects By

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Hey Everyone! It's time to...

STFU Capn'O!
18%
FFS STFU Capn'O!!!
82%

Total votes: 38

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Re: Draft Thread 3 - Draftage: Music to Select Your Young Prospects By 

Post#181 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Mecca wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Mecca wrote:Let’s rock w a DLo/RJ/Mitch trio next year boys.

Sounds good except dsj instead of dlo :lol:

I like DSJ so I won’t be mad, but DLoading adds to the core at 23.

Like THJr was going to?

I just see DLo as a guy who just isn't really going to be worth his contract, even though he'll be a "good" basketball player. And by worth, I understand the league will pay guys what it will and he'll "deserve the money" based on that, but he strikes me as the kind of player good teams don't pay. The kind of player that desperate teams with more cash than sense and seats to fill sign.

A DLo signing feels like "Knicks of yore" signing. Yes, he's not old. No, they aren't trading picks to get him. Still...

Eddy Curry was still young when the Knicks got him....
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#182 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Knicks won't have to sign DLo when they wind up with their third PG in Morant, after Memphis takes RJ.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#183 » by Mecca » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:40 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Sounds good except dsj instead of dlo :lol:

Like THJr was going to?

I just see DLo as a guy who just isn't really going to be worth his contract, even though he'll be a "good" basketball player. And by worth, I understand the league will pay guys what it will and he'll "deserve the money" based on that, but he strikes me as the kind of player good teams don't pay. The kind of player that desperate teams with more cash than sense and seats to fill sign.

A DLo signing feels like "Knicks of yore" signing. Yes, he's not old. No, they aren't trading picks to get him. Still...

DLo was an all-star in his age 22-23 season. Tim at his height was a very good 6th man. DLo led a BK team without Caris or Dinwiddie to playoffs on his back for a 2 month stretch. DLo is a very good playmaker and gets his teammates involved. You can’t let the past control your decision. THJ was never on DLo’s level.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,507

Post#184 » by Buttah304 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:41 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Knicks won't have to sign DLo when they wind up with their third PG in Morant, after Memphis takes RJ.

Don’t put that evil on me Ricky Bobby
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#185 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Like THJr was going to?

DLo was an all-star in his age 22-23 season. Tim at his height was a very good 6th man. DLo led a BK team without Caris or Dinwiddie to playoffs on his back for a 2 month stretch. DLo is a very good playmaker and gets his teammates involved. You can’t let the past control your decision. THJ was never on DLo’s level.

Dude, DLo got named as an all star alternate because Olidepo (sp) got hurt. There have been other "meh" "all stars"

THJr got "system'd up'd" by Coach Bud. Pretty sure that's some of the explanation for DLo too.

I think he's good. I think he's also be a mistake with one of the max slots. That's all.

It's compelling he's young and possibly on the rise. I'm just not sold. Yet.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#186 » by Mecca » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:55 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Like THJr was going to?

Dude, DLo got named as an all star alternate because Olidepo (sp) got hurt. There have been other "meh" "all stars"

THJr got "system'd up'd" by Coach Bud. Pretty sure that's some of the explanation for DLo too.

I think he's good. I think he's also be a mistake with one of the max slots. That's all.

THJ got system’d up because Bud played him to his strengths utilizing him as an off-ball screen shooter and transition player only.

DLo wasn’t really a system player. He ran the offense and handled most possession freestyling.

There was debate he deserved the ASG prior to the Dipo injury, but even that, all that does is quantify the value he has to his team, and his game is still on an upward curve. Additionally, his max is less than the other max players.

He’s 6’5, a good 3 point shooter, an elite mid range shooter, high IQ, leader and only 23.
Brooklyn Nets
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#187 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:

THJ got system’d up because Bud played him to his strengths utilizing him as an off-ball screen shooter and transition player only.

DLo wasn’t really a system player. He ran the offense and handled most possession freestyling.

There was debate he deserved the ASG prior to the Dipo injury, but even that, all that does is quantify the value he has to his team, and his game is still on an upward curve. Additionally, his max is less than the other max players.

He’s 6’5, a good 3 point shooter, an elite mid range shooter, high IQ, leader and only 23.

There's a case for him. I'm just not sure. I just posted in the "offseason" topic that if the Knicks went for him, I'd trust their scouts. I think there was enough turnover or change in process that they'd be getting it right where they got THJr wrong, if they went that way.

My current unrealistic Knick fantasy is Kawhi and Butler though. INSANE DEFENSE!
Mecca
RealGM

Post#188 » by Mecca » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:02 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

There's a case for him. I'm just not sure. I just posted in the "offseason" topic that if the Knicks went for him, I'd trust their scouts. I think there was enough turnover or change in process that they'd be getting it right where they got THJr wrong, if they went that way.

My current unrealistic Knick fantasy is Kawhi and Butler though. INSANE DEFENSE!

I don’t think it’s even comparable. If DLo didn’t even improve (which he most likely will), that’s 4 years of being the 12th or 13th man on an All-Star team. Skill wise, this man was a top 2 pick in a very good draft class, has every skill you want in a PG offensively. At 23 years old, you laugh at Brooklyn and you snag him. More than anything, the Knicks backcourt would have some damn heart between DLo/RJ.

A DLo/RJ backcourt is ideal because DLo can play on or off ball and his shooting compliments RJ’s attack style offense.
Brooklyn Nets
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#189 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I don’t think it’s even comparable. If DLo didn’t even improve (which he most likely will), that’s 4 years of being the 12th or 13th man on an All-Star team. Skill wise, this man was a top 2 pick in a very good draft class, has every skill you want in a PG offensively. At 23 years old, you laugh at Brooklyn and you snag him. More than anything, the Knicks backcourt would have some damn heart between DLo/RJ.

A DLo/RJ backcourt is ideal because DLo can play on or off ball and his shooting compliments RJ’s attack style offense.

Not sure it's wise because even if DLo is good, a team has to be SURE he's worth tying up what they are doing for the next 4 years. It's a max slot.

*edit - I saw RJ and DSJr.
I could see DLo and RJ.
DSJr would have to be sent packing. I *guess* he could be a microwave guard off the bench and spot all 3
Also, a backcourt of DLo and DSJr would be fairly bad defensively. Well, not good.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#190 » by Mecca » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:24 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Not sure it's wise because even if DLo is good, a team has to be SURE he's worth tying up what they are doing for the next 4 years. It's a max slot.

I could see DLo and RJ.
DSJr would have to be sent packing. I *guess* he could be a microwave guard off the bench and spot all 3
Also, a backcourt of DLo and DSJr would be fairly bad defensively. Well, not good.

DLo and RJ work well because I expect RJ to be a + defender at the next level. DLo isn’t a great defender, but he’s not a liability out there either.

Also, you forget that DLo’s max is significantly lower than someone like KD’s.
Brooklyn Nets
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,325

Post#191 » by Worst_to_First » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Oh well if we sign D-Lo we can pretend that he was our pick in 2015 all along.

Not KP, not Super Mario and definitely not Bootiay.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#192 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I could see DLo and RJ.

DLo and RJ work well because I expect RJ to be a + defender at the next level. DLo isn’t a great defender, but he’s not a liability out there either.

Also, you forget that DLo’s max is significantly lower than someone like KD’s.

I realize that about DLo's max - but it's still *one* of the max slots. The benefit being, there is room for a strong vet with the difference between KD etc max and DLo max - talking 27 million vs 40 million, basically, correct?

I'm less opposed to my initial kneejerk - I forget he has legit height. And he might be coming into his own as a player - things I've said people need to give DSJr or Frank or Knox a chance to do. Not equating them, just it takes that long, 3 or 4 years.

KDot and I are talking it back and forth a little in the offseason thread. His take, I agree with, if Knicks scouts and FO go for it, I trust Perry.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#193 » by Mecca » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:33 pm

If we’re competing against the Pacers or the Jazz (2 smart FO’s btw) for DLo, I think he would choose us pretty easily. He loves NY & wouldn’t have to move either, plus he gets to stick it in BK’s face the next 4 years.
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#194 » by Mecca » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:38 pm

When factoring In injuries and leadership, I rather max DLo over KP.
Brooklyn Nets
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,605

Post#195 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:58 pm

I can see D-Lo going to the Suns. He’s real close to Booker and he fits with their young core.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#196 » by F N 11 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:12 pm

RJ RJ RJ
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#197 » by F N 11 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Read on Twitter
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,604

Post#198 » by stuporman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:52 pm

No thanks to NoDLo for max money..... a winning team doesn't pay the full max to a player who only plays half the court.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,457

Post#199 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:27 pm

F N 11 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Our boys a star!!!!! :cry: :cry:
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,610

Post#200 » by Billy Goat » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Knicks fans havent learned a thing. Russell? Can we bring back Steve Francs too? Sign winning players. Assuming the pick is Barrett, sign a veteran PG like Collison to stabilize things. Look at TJ Mcconnell. Danny Green. These types of guys that the young dudes can compete for minutes. Winning players to build around the young guys. You might actually win some games too.

Return to New York Knicks