Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#421 » by madmaxmedia » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:25 pm

nitocobola wrote:He shouldn't leave toronto, but yeah that's not a surprise. Nba sucks

It sucks, because players who’ve done their time and played hard can exercise their free agency rights and have some control over the futures?

As fans we don’t always like their decisions, but this is not the 60’s or 70’s when owners had all the power and a lot of players worked second jobs in offseason.

Toronto took a gamble knowing the potential outcome, they’ve already won in a significant way and we’ll see what Kawhi decides. We all know he’s a different cat and not driven by the same things as other players, and it’s 100% his prerogative to decide in whatever way he sees fit.
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: Woj: Kawhi still leaning towards Clippers, Raptors have a lot of work to do still 

Post#422 » by Matty » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Would Shai even want Kawhi in LA. He's Canadian, he'll probably try to make him stay where's he at.
trending
Junior
And1: 238

Post#423 » by trending » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:29 pm

kawhi needs to be on a great defensive team to win anything. lou williams, gallo, sga is a ball hog supporting cast.
theedgeam.com every saturday night
the inventor of bball was born in canada and the inventor of the phone is buried in canada
i'm also from canada
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#424 » by loflin3hree5ive » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Cobra Kawhi wrote:
loflin3hree5ive wrote:Raps won the title but LAC has a superior five year plan. Raps are at their ceiling now. Clips are flush with future picks, cap flexibility and have a backcourt rotation all locked up on rookie/team friendly deals. Not unlike Toronto LAC has a top-flight FO and coaching staff to maximize that potential. Kawhi seems like a pragmatic person so I think he's coming to the Clippers.

There is just too many fallacies in this post. I think my screen cracked reading this.

Name one
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Post#425 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:34 pm

trending wrote:kawhi needs to be on a great defensive team to win anything. lou williams, gallo, sga is a ball hog supporting cast.

Sga can play d- long, lanky athletic kid. Shamet can definitely be a very solid 3 and d guy. If they keep Beverley- he is the epitome of 3 and d. Gallo is an underrated defender as well and is a great shooter
Middle Child
Pro Prospect
And1: 811

Post#426 » by Middle Child » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:35 pm

mademan wrote:
Middle Child wrote:
mademan wrote:
By winning with the best organization who's been winning for 15 years before him?

Or by taking Derozans place on a 60 win team?

Dude's amazing and has been ridiculous for the Raps; but this chit wasnt a 1 man band.

Im sorry how many championships did they win without Kawhi?

I’ll wait.

Still a ridiculous assertion he can win where ever he goes. He replaced the 1st option, who many didnt/dont believe to be a top 30 player, on the 1st seed in the East. He also was a part of a dynastic team in SA who's run spanned over a decade.

Kawhi's a terrific player who can be argued to be the best in the league, but he's also had terrific support.

Clippers are probably better than the Raptors-Kawhi.

If he goes there they can legitimately win it all.

He’s proven it in SA as well. Dude is ELITE.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,008

Post#427 » by levon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:38 pm

Lowry + Siakam + Marc Gasol + Serge Ibaka + FVV + Anunoby + Danny Green
SGA + Lou + Montrezl + Gallo + Bev + (Boban?)

I don't know, all things equal the Raps look better. I don't think Kawhi cares about that though.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,584

Post#428 » by OdomFan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:39 pm

Well that's on him if he goes there and never wins another championship.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#429 » by MikeM » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:41 pm

loflin3hree5ive wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:
loflin3hree5ive wrote:Raps won the title but LAC has a superior five year plan. Raps are at their ceiling now. Clips are flush with future picks, cap flexibility and have a backcourt rotation all locked up on rookie/team friendly deals. Not unlike Toronto LAC has a top-flight FO and coaching staff to maximize that potential. Kawhi seems like a pragmatic person so I think he's coming to the Clippers.

There is just too many fallacies in this post. I think my screen cracked reading this.

Name one

I don't see how LAC has a superior five-year plan or how the Raptors are at their ceiling (which by the way, even if they are, it's a championship ceiling so how is that bad?)

Raptors have max cap space after next year. Clippers have more picks. Raptors have SIakam.

SGA/Shamet is closer to Anunoby/FVV. Siakam is a huge advantage for Toronto.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,850

Post#430 » by VancouverRaps » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:45 pm

Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

Hell, Brooklyn has a better supporting cast than the Clippers do.
We the Champs
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,655

Post#431 » by XxIronChainzxX » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:59 pm

loflin3hree5ive wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:

Name one

Kawhi might not have 5 years.

Kawhi is 32 in 5 years, and he hasn't exactly had the durability of LeBron James. Toronto's plan in year 1 is "run back the team that won the NBA championship". And before you say "asterisk" , Klay and KD are out for most if not all of the season.

By the the time the LAC's five year plan comes about, even if Kawhi, they may be looking for a superstar to lead them to the title.
Concernedcad
Starter
And1: 5,894

Post#432 » by Concernedcad » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Normally i would relish the opportunity to troll a potential fanbase but the clippers fanbase is so pathetically small it just doesn't do anything for me. It's like they don't even exist.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,393

Post#433 » by NapoleonII » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Siakim, cap space after 2021, Nick Nurse and Masai Ujiri > anything LA has.

All LA has is the beach and Kawhi's family/roots.

I think he really considers leaving but ultimately stays.
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#434 » by Yogatti » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:05 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

you think Brooklyn would beat Warriors 2 times in a playoff series :roll:
VancouverRaps
Head Coach

Post#435 » by VancouverRaps » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:07 pm

Yogatti wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness. Siakam is worth more than any single player on the current Clippers roster.

you think Brooklyn would beat Warriors 2 times in a playoff series :roll:

If the Clippers did it, then yes I think they’d have a pretty good chance to as well.
We the Champs
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,345

Post#436 » by Johnny Bball » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:09 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Ions wrote:Woj can go suck his momma. Pouring salt on our celebration every chance he gets

I do wonder why Woj keeps smacking the Raptors while pushing a pro LA agenda on everything. It's gotten worse since the move to ESPN.

Unbelievable. You started the thread but you wonder why Woj is doing that and that he's gotten worse?!! What a hypocrite. Couldn't even give it one **** day, and I mean you.
ac1011990
Junior
And1: 986

Post#437 » by ac1011990 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Middle Child wrote:
mademan wrote:
Middle Child wrote:
Im sorry how many championships did they win without Kawhi?

I’ll wait.

Still a ridiculous assertion he can win where ever he goes. He replaced the 1st option, who many didnt/dont believe to be a top 30 player, on the 1st seed in the East. He also was a part of a dynastic team in SA who's run spanned over a decade.

Kawhi's a terrific player who can be argued to be the best in the league, but he's also had terrific support.

Clippers are probably better than the Raptors-Kawhi.

If he goes there they can legitimately win it all.

He’s proven it in SA as well. Dude is ELITE.

Lol Clips are better then a team that just won the Championship? Yes, I get it, Kawhi was a huge part of why we won but he didn’t do it alone. I think people are underestimating how good this raps team was because of the Warriors injuries. Even with Klay, Raps were up 3-1 and would have most likely won in game 7. There is no superstar player, whos going for a championship, who would take the clips supporting cast over the Raps, absolutely none. 5 years down the road, maybe, but it’s not even close right now.
SearsTower
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#438 » by SearsTower » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Banner18 wrote:It never ceases to shock me how willing players are to trade legacy for warm weather.

Seriously. Particularly when you consider that they have the summers off to live wherever they want and can retire before 40 years old and then live wherever they want. Reggie Miller is adored by an entire city and now probably lives in LA. You can achieve both.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach

Post#439 » by VancouverRaps » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Ions wrote:Woj can go suck his momma. Pouring salt on our celebration every chance he gets

I do wonder why Woj keeps smacking the Raptors while pushing a pro LA agenda on everything. It's gotten worse since the move to ESPN.

Unbelievable. You started the thread but you wonder why Woj is doing that and that he's gotten worse?!! What a hypocrite. Couldn't even give it one **** day.

Exactly.

Woj was mentioning the Lakers/Sixers as potential destinations for PG13 last year, as recently as a week or 2 before he re-signed with OKC.

I don’t think Kawhi is even sure yet so how could Woj be? Woj is just speculating because his new bosses demand constant content.

There’s a reason why Barkley always makes fun of ESPN and how they work their employees like dogs.
We the Champs
Jazz9
Analyst
And1: 6,482

Post#440 » by Jazz9 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:15 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:Clippers homers need to realize that if Kawhi signs with you guys, it's because he wants to play close to home, not because the Clippers have some exciting roster that's on the cusp of greatness.

This x1000
If we're talking only basketball, there's zero reason for him to leave Toronto.
It's the perfect situation as proven by the title they just won.

Return to The General Board