We're finally going to get to see how good Curry is.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Re: We're finally going to get to see how good Curry is. 

Post#161 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:22 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Your observation of cousins is totally incorrect. Prior to his hurt quad he was playing some very good basketball. 16/8/4/1.5/1.5, very good advanced stats and about as efficient as hes always been in his career. This agenda driven myth that hes a negative player wasnt spewed until after he rushed back from a torn quad. I'll take the 30+ game sample size over the 6 game sample size with a torn quad.

Why does is matter that Iggy is 35? Hes still playing at a phenomenal level as evidence by the playoffs and finals. He kept them in game 6 and hit the biggest shot for the warriors in game 2. Korver was 37, JR was 33 and couldnt figure out the score of the game. Anyone saying hes impacting the court at a lesser level than those guys either wasnt watching or has a clear agenda.

Yes curry plays in the west, but hes also got superior talent. He also has looney, you remember.. the guy warriors fans said was a huge loss for them the game he missed? And to think they wont sign some free agent vets who can come in and compete is a joke, they absolutely will and they will be better than the horrible team lebron had. Furthermore, lebron took that 50 win team to the finals, beating 3 good teams along the way. Nobody Is asking the warriors to make the finals, just sneak in as the 8th seed.

And I have no idea why that 4th quarter starting lineup is at all relevant to what curry needs to do next year. If that is his starting lineup then sure. But I can guarentee you it wont be. You are gasping for straws, stop protecting the golden boy.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app

You're always one leading the charge against Steph, huh? Give it a rest.

How is this leading the charge against steph?

I'm already tired of excuses for him before we even see what his team will look like.
I'm tired of people putting down his teammates to elevate him.
I'm tired of people saying hes as good better than lebron because his "gravity makes everyone around him better" but then putting down lebron for choking.

I'm genuinely exciting to see a curry led team. Let's see if this guys has the onions as mark Jackson says. Let's see if he really does make role players better like lebron has done his entire career.

We know he can win with the GOAT supporting cast. Let's see if he can carry a Portland style team like lillard does. If he proves me wrong I'll be the first one eating crow next year.

But the excuses need to stop.

He's already done everything that you 'need' him to do, if you choose to ignore it that's on u, not anyone else.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,254

Post#162 » by Lunartic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:25 pm

Will we be seeing more of this?

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#163 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:25 pm

clyde21 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
You're always one leading the charge against Steph, huh? Give it a rest.

How is this leading the charge against steph?

I'm already tired of excuses for him before we even see what his team will look like.
I'm tired of people putting down his teammates to elevate him.
I'm tired of people saying hes as good better than lebron because his "gravity makes everyone around him better" but then putting down lebron for choking.

I'm genuinely exciting to see a curry led team. Let's see if this guys has the onions as mark Jackson says. Let's see if he really does make role players better like lebron has done his entire career.

We know he can win with the GOAT supporting cast. Let's see if he can carry a Portland style team like lillard does. If he proves me wrong I'll be the first one eating crow next year.

But the excuses need to stop.

He's already done everything that you 'need' him to do, if you choose to ignore it that's on u, not anyone else.
Never once have I not said hes a great player. Maybe hes proven enough to you, but I think next year will define just how great he really was

taikibansei
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,633

Post#164 » by taikibansei » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:26 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
taikibansei wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
I'm not sure who expected this or is holding this against curry. This thread Is about his ability next year. You are posting this answering a question that doesn't exist.

WTF? Who else do you think is going to be on the team next season? That's the squad going forward, and you just said it should win at least 50 in the West....

Outside of cousins/green who make up one of the best front courts in the league healthy, I sig bet you whatever you want that the other 3 players arent starting next year. Actually the 3 of them probably wont even be on the team.

:o

I'm sorry, I stopped reading at the bit underlined. :rofl: :rofl: Is this still 2017?
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#165 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:27 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I'm tired of people saying hes as good better than lebron because his "gravity makes everyone around him better" but then putting down lebron for choking.

Someone said he's better than LeBron? Where was that?
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#166 » by The_Hater » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:37 pm

So you don’t think Curry proved that he was great while winning 2 MVP awards, winning a title and leading a 73 win team? Only now does he have a chance to prove it?

Which lottery level team did Shaq lead into the playoffs btw? Which season was that?

bstein14 wrote:Lots of people wanted to put Curry into the top 15 or maybe even 10 of all-time... Offensively he's an all-time great player much like Dirk, but next season with no Klay or KD we're finally going to get to see just how good Curry is. Can he lead a team that would normally be a lottery team into the playoffs with HCA like we've seen great players like Lebron, Kobe, Shaq all do.

If he can keep the Warriors as a top 4 seed next year without Klay and KD he certainly would move up the rankings for me. I think he has got to be a frontrunner for MVP as well if he can lead the team to HCA because he is certainly going to have to score a bunch he might be a 35 PPG player next year.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,073

Post#167 » by Patches Perry » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:39 pm

I remember when we finally got to see how good Jordan was on the Wizards. Never got out of the 1st round without Pippen.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#168 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:42 pm

The_Hater wrote:So you don’t think Curry proved that he was great while winning 2 MVP awards, winning a title and leading a 73 win team? Only now does he have a chance to prove it?

Which lottery level team did Shaq lead into the playoffs btw? Which season was that?

Everyone knows you can't tell how good a player is until he plays on the absolute worst team in the league.
Middle Child
Pro Prospect
And1: 811

Post#169 » by Middle Child » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Dupp wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:Finally?

Well it’s a legitimate question whether he can carry a team or he is just one to dominate with a goat level cast. We’re about to find out.

No legitimate at all. The dude is a 3 time champ, 2 time MVP. He’s solidified. He’s not about prove anything to haters.

I mean how good is any team without 2 of their best 3 players.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#170 » by Lunartic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:51 pm

taikibansei wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
taikibansei wrote:
WTF? Who else do you think is going to be on the team next season? That's the squad going forward, and you just said it should win at least 50 in the West....

Outside of cousins/green who make up one of the best front courts in the league healthy, I sig bet you whatever you want that the other 3 players arent starting next year. Actually the 3 of them probably wont even be on the team.

I'm sorry, I stopped reading at the bit underlined. :rofl: :rofl:

Cousins is out of shape, there's no reason to assume he won't return to 60% of what he once was. He was playing well before getting injured again.

Green is a HOF and a walking triple double + elite defender

That frontcourt is definitely in the top 10
taikibansei
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,633

Post#171 » by taikibansei » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:08 pm

Lunartic wrote:
taikibansei wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Cousins is out of shape, there's no reason to assume he won't return to 60% of what he once was. He was playing well before getting injured again.

Again, is this still 2017? I will sig bet both of you that Cousins is not an all-star next season. Up for it?
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
clyde21
RealGM

Post#172 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:11 pm

take Steph off the Warriors next season, tell me a worse roster in the NBA

PG: ???
SG: Evans
SF: McKinnie / Iggy
PF: Dray
C: Looney? Jones?
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,925

Post#173 » by Optms » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:13 pm

So leading a 73-win team out of the blue, being the first unanimous MVP, while breaking multiple scoring records only thought to exist in video games wasn't enough?
Potedon
Junior
And1: 622

Post#174 » by Potedon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 pm

clyde21 wrote:take Steph off the Warriors next season, tell me a worse roster in the NBA

PG: Lonzo
SG: Josh Hart
SF: Ingram??
PF: Kuzma
C: Javale??
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#175 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:29 pm

taikibansei wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
taikibansei wrote:

Again, is this still 2017? I will sig bet both of you that Cousins is not an all-star next season. Up for it?
There isnt even 5 front courts better.

Philly tobias/embid
Bucks giannis/Lopez
Denver jokic/millsap
Raps - Gasol/Siakam is close

That's literally it.

LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#176 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:29 pm

clyde21 wrote:take Steph off the Warriors next season, tell me a worse roster in the NBA

As if they wont bring anyone else in. False narrative.

clyde21
RealGM

Post#177 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:37 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

As if they wont bring anyone else in. False narrative.

oh yea, that MLE we're gonna bring in is definitely gonna make the difference here :roll:
Chris435
Starter
And1: 58

Post#178 » by Chris435 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:51 pm

Curry doesn't have to prove anything. we already saw what he could do in 2015 & 2016. Maybe his post-season runs could be a tad better, but other than that...
Lunartic
Lead Assistant

Post#179 » by Lunartic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:55 pm

taikibansei wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
taikibansei wrote:

Was McCollum an all-star last year? He and Lillard were considered a top-5 backcourt.

Cousins will be better next season than he was this season and Green is very good. They will be a top-10 front court, at worst. They also will be a very non-existent frontcourt, as Cousins will not likely stay with GSW.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,230

Post#180 » by enigmatics » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:39 pm

"He changed the NBA forever, but he sux."
- Booger Eaters (while talkin' basketball on their way to a WWE match)

Return to The General Board