ImageImageImageImageImage

Pt. II – The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Re: Pt. II – The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD) 

Post#241 » by SpeedyG » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:33 pm

I'm all for Kyrie if it's with KD or Kawhi. Or with pair him with Russell.

But I will not be a fan of moves that has us letting Russell go for Kyrie and Butler/Harris

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#242 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:26 pm

SpeedyG wrote:I'm all for Kyrie if it's with KD or Kawhi. Or with pair him with Russell.

But I will not be a fan of moves that has us letting Russell go for Kyrie and Butler/Harris

I'd be ok with Kyrie & Butler, but not Kyrie & Tobias.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#243 » by CeltsfaninDC » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:04 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:A name we talked about leading up to the deadline who hasn't been brought up much here lately is JaMychal Green.
He could be the perfect fit at the 4, but he's not so good he hampers Kurucs getting playing time and developing.
If we "only" get Kyrie and re-sign Russell and they choose to hang onto Dinwiddie and Harris for now, he could definitely be the guy they go for, along with re-signing Ed Davis, while retaining the Room Exception and BAE to fill out the depth above vet min candidates.

Yeah I could see something like this. He could play 4/5. I could also see us using our cap space to absorb someone like that in a trade. Someone that can play backup C but also give us minutes at the 4. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head but if we only sign Kyrie, we'll have a good amount of space for someone good.

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
Russell/Harris
LeVert/Prince
Kurucs/Green
Allen/Green

That's a lot of talent. A ton of shooting and playmaking + athleticism. All the ingredients for a 50+ win team. Maybe we can't win the chip with this group but that's skipping steps. That starting 5 is still crazy young.

Thats probably not as great as you think from the perspective of what Kyrie wants. He’s shown now that he’s not interested in being on a team with young kids. That was his main issue with the Celts last year. If its him and KD and another max type guy then you’re good. But if its this lineup and him fighting with DLo for the ball........ whoa boy. I think that goes poorly for you after a short honeymoon period.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#244 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:15 pm

SpeedyG wrote:I'm all for Kyrie if it's with KD or Kawhi. Or with pair him with Russell.

Kyrie and Butler might be worth it too.

I don't wanna lose Russell but pairing him with Kyrie makes no sense. ESPECIALLY with Dinwiddie and Levert.

Butler you can at least play at the 3.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#245 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:16 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:A name we talked about leading up to the deadline who hasn't been brought up much here lately is JaMychal Green.
He could be the perfect fit at the 4, but he's not so good he hampers Kurucs getting playing time and developing.
If we "only" get Kyrie and re-sign Russell and they choose to hang onto Dinwiddie and Harris for now, he could definitely be the guy they go for, along with re-signing Ed Davis, while retaining the Room Exception and BAE to fill out the depth above vet min candidates.

Yeah I could see something like this. He could play 4/5. I could also see us using our cap space to absorb someone like that in a trade. Someone that can play backup C but also give us minutes at the 4. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head but if we only sign Kyrie, we'll have a good amount of space for someone good.

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
Russell/Harris
LeVert/Prince
Kurucs/Green
Allen/Green

That's a lot of talent. A ton of shooting and playmaking + athleticism. All the ingredients for a 50+ win team. Maybe we can't win the chip with this group but that's skipping steps. That starting 5 is still crazy young.

Thats probably not as great as you think from the perspective of what Kyrie wants. He’s shown now that he’s not interested in being on a team with young kids. That was his main issue with the Celts last year. If its him and KD and another max type guy then you’re good. But if its this lineup and him fighting with DLo for the ball........ whoa boy. I think that goes poorly for you after a short honeymoon period.

Maybe he just didn't like the young kids on the Celtics or Brad Stevens. You can't act like its the exact same thing. He knows what hes getting into.

He didn't choose to play for the Celts.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach

Post#246 » by CeltsfaninDC » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
Russell/Harris
LeVert/Prince
Kurucs/Green
Allen/Green

Maybe he just didn't like the young kids on the Celtics or Brad Stevens. You can't act like its the exact same thing. He knows what hes getting into.

Yup, good luck with that...........
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#247 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:21 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:

You sound bitter bro.

Kyrie is an elite player who made the game winning shot in the Finals. Just cause you guys couldn't make it work doesn't mean we can't.

Worry about your own team. I trust Sean Marks and Kenny.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach

Post#248 » by CeltsfaninDC » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:23 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

You sound bitter bro.

Kyrie is an elite player who made the game winning shot in the Finals. Just cause you guys couldn't make it work doesn't mean we can't.

Yup, clearly you’re right. We’ve only watched every play from him for a few years now. I sure you guys will do fine with him surrounded by kids when he was hoping to come play with 2 All-NBAers. He IS an elite player, when he wants to be. When he doesn’t...... well, good luck.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#249 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:27 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:

You sound bitter bro.

Yup, clearly you’re right. We’ve only watched every play from him for a few years now. I sure you guys will do fine with him surrounded by kids when he was hoping to come play with 2 All-NBAers. He IS an elite player, when he wants to be. When he doesn’t...... well, good luck.

Maybe Kyrie doesn't like playing in Boston or for the Celtics? Ever thought of thought?

Kyrie is from NJ and grew up rooting for the Nets. Coming home will be a dream come true.

You're trying to act like the two situations are the same, but they are not.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#250 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:42 pm

DarkXaero wrote:

I'd be ok with Kyrie & Butler, but not Kyrie & Tobias.

Kyrie and Butler would be such a huge get(and realistic) for us...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#251 » by MGrand15 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:40 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
Russell/Harris
LeVert/Prince
Kurucs/Green
Allen/Green

Well, first, DLo doesn't fight for the ball. He takes a lot of shots but he gladly would take the backseat to LeVert and Dinwiddie when they were healthy. He's also a really really good passer and a guy who could really play off the ball.

In terms of what Kyrie wants - he'd be signing here knowing who else is coming. If he's not interested in a young team, he wouldn't sign here. Pretty simple.

Stevens is a great coach but he hasn't shown the ability to build relationships like Atkinson has. Everyone on the team absolutely loves him. Even when their minutes get cut, when they benched in the 4th, when they get less shots, etc. He hasn't dealt with someone like Kyrie but Stevens REALLY let things get out of hand. Right from the jump. The Celtics were having meltdowns every time they lost.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#252 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:31 pm

I would think that if we're getting Kyrie & re-signing D Lo, then surely Dinwiddie will get traded? Kyrie & D Lo on the same team already creates complications, you don't need a third PG who needs the ball to be effective. And I'm a fan of Dinwiddie, both as a player and a person, I would hate to see him leave, but there's no sense for him to be here in that scenario.

So in that case, we would have roughly $56 million in cap space, what kind of moves could we make?
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#253 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Read on Twitter

AD traded to Lakers, so that's one (unlikely) possibility off the table.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#254 » by Claud » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:37 pm

#4 PICK + Lonzo + Ingram + Hart + 2 1st round picks looks like a nice package for Nola.

Lakers get their guy and get to keep Kuzma. Solid deal for both teams.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#255 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Looking at the Lakers cap situation, they may have room to sign a max, so I hope this move doesn't sway Kyrie to the Lakers.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#256 » by SpeedyG » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:02 pm

First shoe drops with AD. Draft in a few days and soon we will see how this all shakes up.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#257 » by IceManBK1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:07 pm

how about a Dlo+Randle on Nets v.s their ex team Lakers Lebron+AD finals before Lebron retires...don't care if Lakers win. Would be great storyline.
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#258 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:18 pm

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,865

Post#259 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:52 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
CeltsfaninDC wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:

Kyrie/Dinwiddie
Russell/Harris
LeVert/Prince
Kurucs/Green
Allen/Green

Well, first, DLo doesn't fight for the ball. He takes a lot of shots but he gladly would take the backseat to LeVert and Dinwiddie when they were healthy. He's also a really really good passer and a guy who could really play off the ball.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people on this website talk **** about D'Angelo Russell but don't watch him play. How do I know that they don't watch him? The first things that they talk about are always either his defense or him being selfish w/ the ball....neither of which have been a huge issue.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 403

Post#260 » by drchaos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:19 am

IceManBK1 wrote:how about a Dlo+Randle on Nets v.s their ex team Lakers Lebron+AD finals before Lebron retires...don't care if Lakers win. Would be great storyline.

Especially if the Nets could find a way to add Ingram and Randle.

Return to Brooklyn Nets