We're finally going to get to see how good Curry is.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,500

Re: We're finally going to get to see how good Curry is. 

Post#181 » by DaPessimist » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:48 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:take Steph off the Warriors next season, tell me a worse roster in the NBA

PG: ???
SG: Evans
SF: McKinnie / Iggy
PF: Dray
C: Looney? Jones?
As if they wont bring anyone else in. False narrative.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app

Who exactly will we bring in?

We have no cap space, and we certainly aren't getting any ring-chasing vets to sign for cheap.
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#182 » by Lukeem » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:53 pm

I feel like this thread is littered with warriors fans that normally talk about how great Green is but all of a sudden he’s part of the worst supporting cast ever

Curry
Livingston
Iggy
Green

Is very talented. Looney and bell are talented in that C spot with slight improvements can really fill the modern non shooting version of the big man role
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#183 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:55 pm

DaPessimist wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:take Steph off the Warriors next season, tell me a worse roster in the NBA

As if they wont bring anyone else in. False narrative.

We have no cap space, and we certainly aren't getting any ring-chasing vets to sign for cheap.
Did you think cousins was signing there last year?

Seems like an awesome place for any guy whose being low balled to me. No klay, no KD. Get to play alongside curry/dray in a high scoring offense.

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,187

Post#184 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:58 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
DaPessimist wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:As if they wont bring anyone else in. False narrative.

Seems like an awesome place for any guy whose being low balled to me. No klay, no KD. Get to play alongside curry/dray in a high scoring offense.

Cousins signed here because it was essentially a free trip to the finals, but that's no longer the case for people like Cousins or other veterans around the league...

who do u think we can get with that MLE that wouldn't make this roster one of the worst next year (without Steph)?
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#185 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:05 pm

clyde21 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
DaPessimist wrote:

Cousins signed here because it was essentially a free trip to the finals, but that's no longer the case for people like Cousins or other veterans around the league...

who do u think we can get with that MLE that wouldn't make this roster one of the worst next year (without Steph)?
Let's book mark this and revisit next month. I dont know who will feel underappreciated in the market and see the warriors as a place to raise their value.

Either way, if cousins comes back, he green and Iggy isnt a bottom feeder with curry. That's similar to the talent lillard has in Portland.

Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#186 » by Madhouse » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:07 pm

Great defensive front court alone makes it not the worst. Draymond plays for a new contract so he will be an Allstar again. Looney should really surprise next year with more minutes.

yeah not great otherwise but that roster with Curry is capable of winning 47-52/53 games. The West isn't as strong anymore so Dubs should still get somewhere between 4 and 6 seed.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#187 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:14 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Did you think cousins was signing there last year?

Let's book mark this and revisit next month. I dont know who will feel underappreciated in the market and see the warriors as a place to raise their value.

Either way, if cousins comes back, he green and Iggy isnt a bottom feeder with curry. That's similar to the talent lillard has in Portland.

i mean, yea we can revisit, but I don't see a way how this isn't, at least, one of the 5 worst rosters in the league next year, regardless of what we do with that MLE. we might get an injury exception for 9mil too but that's only if KD resigns.

otherwise it's that roster I just listed + a Garrett Temple type and whoever we get in the draft.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#188 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:17 pm

Madhouse wrote:

Great defensive front court alone makes it not the worst. Draymond plays for a new contract so he will be an Allstar again. Looney should really surprise next year with more minutes.

yeah not great otherwise but that roster with Curry is capable of winning 47-52/53 games. The West isn't as strong anymore so Dubs should still get somewhere between 4 and 6 seed.

i think the West will be stronger next year actually, it took 48 wins to make the the 8th seed, and that's without LeBron/Lakers and Minny having a down year. Kings and Mavs should be even better too.
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#189 » by Madhouse » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:20 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Madhouse wrote:

i think the West will be stronger next year actually, it took 48 wins to make the the 8th seed, and that's without LeBron/Lakers and Minny having a down year. Kings and Mavs should be even better too.

Kings are my surprise team next year. They should go over 50 wins but Idk if teams like Denver, Portland or Houston sustain their level of play. Wouldn't be surprised if SA misses the playoffs as well.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#190 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Madhouse wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Madhouse wrote:

Kings are my surprise team next year. They should go over 50 wins but Idk if teams like Denver, Portland or Houston sustain their level of play. Wouldn't be surprised if SA misses the playoffs as well.

no reason why Spurs should miss it, they get Dejounte back this year from injury + White should continue to get better and better, also Lonnie Walker should take on a bigger role for them, and obviously DeRozan/Aldridge are still solid.

it's tough, I really don't know who'll miss the POs in the West. it's damn crowded. maybe the Clippers if they don't really add anyone. other than that, Phoenix is the only team I can't see fighting for the POs in the WC.
Young gun 6
Analyst
And1: 6,008

Post#191 » by Young gun 6 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:31 pm

We’ll see if he is as good as Harden.

Harden carried his Rockets team to the 3/4 seed with more adversity than Curry will be facing next season.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#192 » by LKN » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:47 pm

I have to say this again... Curry's horrible crime seems to be that he ended actually not being as good of an offensive player as MJ or Lebron. I mean come on.... dude is still great and was a major force behind the 3 point revolution.

It's like "Well - you are one of the best physicists ever... but it turns out you aren't quite a smart as Einstein so you are overrated and trash"
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#193 » by HurricaneKid » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:19 pm

clyde21 wrote:
ken6199 wrote:The challenge right now looks uphill. Curry, never known as a durable player, will have an immerse offensive load to carry next year. Some mentioned 35 PPG - that is not an easy task, it's not just about skill, it's not just about taking more shots will linearly get you more points, it's getting harder and more taxing on your body; On defense, without their main perimeter defender Klay who is very good at defending the opponent ball handler on Curry's behalf, Curry will be more exposed and worn down. Opponent teams will relentless target Curry. He can take no plays off, there will be no one to take attention away from him, he will likely have to initiate everything (with some help from Draymond) like many of his peers have been doing for years.

Big burden, but also big opportunity for him. Lets see if Curry can rise above all and kill all the doubts once for all.

What does he need to do exactly to 'kill all doubts'?

absolutely remarkable that after everything he's in his career so far, there are 'doubts' in the first place. maybe that's the problem.
Exactly.

And this Raptors team is being completely disrespected. Apparently not only is Curry now doubted despite all reason, but so is the soon to be MVP in Giannis.

The Raps rotation of:
Lowry
D Green
Kawhi
Siakam
Gasol

Ibaka
Van Vleet
(Anunoby)

Has exactly zero guys who couldn't find their way on to all defensive teams and can put a lineup with 5 shooters, 5 high bbiq players.

And with FVV going 30/57 from 3 the last 9 games, its no wonder how they ran the gauntlet.

Sent from my VS995 using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#194 » by Drygon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:58 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Your observation of cousins is totally incorrect. Prior to his hurt quad he was playing some very good basketball. 16/8/4/1.5/1.5, very good advanced stats and about as efficient as hes always been in his career. This agenda driven myth that hes a negative player wasnt spewed until after he rushed back from a torn quad. I'll take the 30+ game sample size over the 6 game sample size with a torn quad.

Why does is matter that Iggy is 35? Hes still playing at a phenomenal level as evidence by the playoffs and finals. He kept them in game 6 and hit the biggest shot for the warriors in game 2. Korver was 37, JR was 33 and couldnt figure out the score of the game. Anyone saying hes impacting the court at a lesser level than those guys either wasnt watching or has a clear agenda.

Yes curry plays in the west, but hes also got superior talent. He also has looney, you remember.. the guy warriors fans said was a huge loss for them the game he missed? And to think they wont sign some free agent vets who can come in and compete is a joke, they absolutely will and they will be better than the horrible team lebron had. Furthermore, lebron took that 50 win team to the finals, beating 3 good teams along the way. Nobody Is asking the warriors to make the finals, just sneak in as the 8th seed.

And I have no idea why that 4th quarter starting lineup is at all relevant to what curry needs to do next year. If that is his starting lineup then sure. But I can guarentee you it wont be. You are gasping for straws, stop protecting the golden boy.

You're always one leading the charge against Steph, huh? Give it a rest.

How is this leading the charge against steph?

I'm already tired of excuses for him before we even see what his team will look like.
I'm tired of people putting down his teammates to elevate him.
I'm tired of people saying hes as good better than lebron because his "gravity makes everyone around him better" but then putting down lebron for choking.

I'm genuinely exciting to see a curry led team. Let's see if this guys has the onions as mark Jackson says. Let's see if he really does make role players better like lebron has done his entire career.

We know he can win with the GOAT supporting cast. Let's see if he can carry a Portland style team like lillard does. If he proves me wrong I'll be the first one eating crow next year.

But the excuses need to stop.

How exactly is LeBron making his teammates better than they are? If anything, people views LeBron's teammates (with very few exceptions of course) as trash and is forced to single-handedly carrying the offensive load. LeBron is the kind of guy who thrives of being surrounded by floor spacers & shooters.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#195 » by will » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:00 am

Welp. This thread didn't age THAT well.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Post#196 » by whatisacenter » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:18 am

Lukeem wrote:I feel like this thread is littered with warriors fans that normally talk about how great Green is but all of a sudden he’s part of the worst supporting cast ever

Curry
Livingston
Iggy
Green

Is very talented. Looney and bell are talented in that C spot with slight improvements can really fill the modern non shooting version of the big man role

Livingston is probably retiring and Green/Iguadala combined to average 13ppg. Bell player himself into the doghouse and Looney is nice but be real.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,468

Post#197 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:21 am

Rauxcee wrote:Curry may struggle. Not because he isn't great, but because when you are the only offensive threat on the team, defenses can zero in on you with 2-3 defenders and force the rest of the team to shoot and beat you.

It's next to impossible to get anywhere significant with only 1 offensive player.
Lebron got to the Finals with JR Smith as his 2nd best player
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#198 » by Lukeem » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Lukeem wrote:I feel like this thread is littered with warriors fans that normally talk about how great Green is but all of a sudden he’s part of the worst supporting cast ever

Curry
Livingston
Iggy
Green

Livingston is probably retiring and Green/Iguadala combined to average 13ppg. Bell player himself into the doghouse and Looney is nice but be real.

Okay “very” is a stretch. I think green is hugely overrated

It’s not a piece of **** team though just a shell of the former talent

That’s without any free agent pickups. They might land. And Thompson could return if green and curry get them to playoffs

Return to The General Board