ImageImageImage

If there is a rebuild...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

gizardoe
Senior
And1: 402

If there is a rebuild... 

Post#1 » by gizardoe » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:20 pm

Do we need a new voice or new front office? We are going on 12 plus years of not being a contender and Ainge hasnt cashed in these “chips”. He has struck out left and right I know you cant blame the kryrie issue on him 100 perc. But as of now we just seem like a middle of the pack team which is terrible in the nba.

I really cant see how Wyc would be happy on the direction we are going. This is just the way I feel right now but Ainge I think has outsmarted himself or is to gun shy. Any other gm/ president in Boston would have been canned 8 yrs ago.
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,158

Re: If there is a rebuild... 

Post#2 » by chakdaddy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 pm

We're in the exact same place we were before the Kyrie trade. Only problem is the Lakers gifted another juggernaut.
gizardoe
Senior

Post#3 » by gizardoe » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:34 pm

At least we had some excitement with IT. This is really depressing.
derblitzenator
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#4 » by derblitzenator » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:37 pm

gizardoe wrote:Do we need a new voice or new front office? We are going on 12 plus years of not being a contender and Ainge hasnt cashed in these “chips”. He has struck out left and right I know you cant blame the kryrie issue on him 100 perc. But as of now we just seem like a middle of the pack team which is terrible in the nba.

I really cant see how Wyc would be happy on the direction we are going. This is just the way I feel right now but Ainge I think has outsmarted himself or is to gun shy. Any other gm/ president in Boston would have been canned 8 yrs ago.

Welcome to the modern NBA where the elite players dictate where they will play. Other than one-year rentals Boston hasn't had the opportunity to get a top 5 player. With the biggest draw (Irving) heading for greener pastures, there isn't much management can do to reload. Sometimes big risks pay off like with Kawhi in Toronto and sometimes they don't (Irving and Hayward). I don't blame Ainge for not putting Tatum into the package to get AD.

The rebuild won't be long. All the big contracts are over after 2021. The team should still have control of Tatum and a bunch of shots in the draft in the mean time. Changing management isn't going to accellerate anything.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,668

Post#5 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:58 am

People dont seem to realize that Tatum and brown are gonna get ATLEAST 15 mil starting next summer and the one after that.

Danny really **** him self here.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,997

Post#6 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:28 am

The Corey's wrote:People dont seem to realize that Tatum and brown are gonna get ATLEAST 15 mil starting next summer and the one after that.

That’s fine if they’re all stars :)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,668

Post#7 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:29 am

31to6 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:People dont seem to realize that Tatum and brown are gonna get ATLEAST 15 mil starting next summer and the one after that.

That’s fine if they’re all stars :)

We need two superstars minimum if were trying to win a championship.

We dont even have half of one at this point.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,997

Post#8 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:35 am

No superstar will be acquired via trade for the foreseeable future. There’s little point compensating for the one that we really wanted by overpaying for someone who isn’t a superstar (Beal). We’ve got to let our kids grow a minute.

Last year was gross because we had 10 guys playing at maybe 70% of their ability. This year we might have 7 guys at 100%. Value up future opportunities up.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,537

Post#9 » by Kalela » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:23 am

The current Celtics team reminds me of that young Sixers team that had Iguodala, Jru Holiday, Lou Williams and Evan Turner. Sixers pictured some of those guys turning into superstars for them and passed up opportunities to trade for stars but it never happened. They were a good young fun team to watch but you will never win anything with that and eventually everyone of them will leave to become role players for teams competing for the title.
Fire Mazzulla
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#10 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:36 am

Brown will get at least 15 perhaps more if he has a good season and that’s ok. He is a solid young player. Tatum likely gets a max deal assuming he progresses. These are good things not bad dude.
Sign here
gizardoe
Senior

Post#11 » by gizardoe » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 am

brackdan70 wrote:

Brown will get at least 15 perhaps more if he has a good season and that’s ok. He is a solid young player. Tatum likely gets a max deal assuming he progresses. These are good things not bad dude.

What happens if Tatum wants max and he is Middleton level that could be a franchise crushing contract.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,284

Post#12 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:48 am

gizardoe wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:

No that is not franchise crushing. The max coming off the rookie deal is not that harsh. You hope to draft guys that are good enough for that. Middleton is solid. If you Max Wiggins...that’s franchise crushing. There is no indication that Tatum is not going to be worthy of the first max deal.

What happens if Tatum wants max and he is Middleton level that could be a franchise crushing contract.
Sign here
yeahM8
Starter
And1: 3,682

Post#13 » by yeahM8 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:49 am

ugh these threads
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 8,959

Post#14 » by GrandTheftRondo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:53 am

brackdan70 wrote:

They are only good if they turn into all NBA players.

Otherwise we are in treadmill territory paying money to two guys that won’t win you a title. Not where you want to be in the NBA.
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#15 » by ermocrate » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:16 am

Kalela wrote:The current Celtics team reminds me of that young Sixers team that had Iguodala, Jru Holiday, Lou Williams and Evan Turner. Sixers pictured some of those guys turning into superstars for them and passed up opportunities to trade for stars but it never happened. They were a good young fun team to watch but you will never win anything with that and eventually everyone of them will leave to become role players for teams competing for the title.

What are you talking about, we kicked the new deal Sixers butts and they are way better than the ones you mentioned.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#16 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:37 am

gizardoe wrote:Do we need a new voice or new front office? We are going on 12 plus years of not being a contender and Ainge hasnt cashed in these “chips”. He has struck out left and right I know you cant blame the kryrie issue on him 100 perc. But as of now we just seem like a middle of the pack team which is terrible in the nba.

Generally, if a team wins a championship, it was a contender. Ditto if a team loses in the Finals.

gizardoe wrote:I really cant see how Wyc would be happy on the direction we are going. This is just the way I feel right now but Ainge I think has outsmarted himself or is to gun shy. Any other gm/ president in Boston would have been canned 8 yrs ago.

2011? Really?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics