ImageImageImage

AD's Gone Thread #9, And Everything's Still Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime.

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,540

Re: AD Trade Thread #9 Everything's Fine Like Rondo Dropping a Dime. 

Post#561 » by Celts17Pride » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm

Afam wrote:The road got tougher for the celtics much tougher. Do you know how tough it was watching the celtics go into rebuilding in 2013. Rooting for them to lose/tank. They have a long way to go before they are championship contenders. Boston is not a free agent destination or should i say a big free agent destination. It is going to be a long time before they win a championship.

You know how tough it was watching a fraud Kyrie Irving in the playoffs. The 2018-2019 Celtics were the least liked Celtics in about 20 years
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#562 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:Well thats a wrap folks.

Rozier will be back and we treadmilling for a decade.

The same Rozier that sabotaged this year's team. But he's Danny's boy, so he'll be back.

They don't have a choice but to resign him.

Plus even if Irving did come back (he won't) they could not have kept the same team together.

It was either AD and Irving or nothing.

Irving made sure it was nothing. I hope Al opts out and goes elsewhere and this team tanks at this point.

It was Irving that sabotaged this years team but I mean what does it matter.
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,676

Post#563 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm

People are whining over a guy who never wanted to be here. Let’s enjoy one year and then what? lol. Rebuild all over again?
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#564 » by Gomes3PC » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:Well thats a wrap folks.

Rozier will be back and we treadmilling for a decade.

The same Rozier that sabotaged this year's team. But he's Danny's boy, so he'll be back.

Plus even if Irving did come back (he won't) they could not have kept the same team together.

Irving made sure it was nothing. I hope Al opts out and goes elsewhere and this team tanks at this point.

You can and should let Rozier walk if he won't sign a friendly deal. He's just not very good. He's like the 30th best PG in the league and he wants $13M/yr. Paying him that is roster suicide.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,220

Post#565 » by reload141 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm

The Comedian wrote:
reload141 wrote:Eh, it sucks but I'm interested to see what this roster looks like opening night.

Nope, everything sucks. Fire Ainge!

EVERYTHING!!!

Sell the team, trade for Wiggins, fire EVERYONE.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,317

Post#566 » by Triple7 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 pm

fallguy wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Afam wrote:The road got tougher for the celtics much tougher. Do you know how tough it was watching the celtics go into rebuilding in 2013. Rooting for them to lose/tank. They have a long way to go before they are championship contenders. Boston is not a free agent destination or should i say a big free agent destination. It is going to be a long time before they win a championship.

Look it wouldn’t have worked out. The guy doesn’t want boston period. This is the right decision.

Yeah, we'd all love AD but the risk doesn't make sense.

So on we go.

Exactly! That guy bleeds purple and yellow, so screw him! :lol:
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#567 » by KGboss » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 pm

Fake tough guys and fake anger everywhere.

Yikes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
KevinGamble34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,640

Post#568 » by KevinGamble34 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 pm

I get this if AD was only a 1 year rental. Now I would move Horford and Hayward and run with our young players. Could be a painful year but we will see how good they are and might get lucky in the lottery.
darylbe
Rookie
And1: 554

Post#569 » by darylbe » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 pm

Yea tatum is Gunna do two a days with kobe....... Ffffmmmmmlllllll

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#570 » by GregB » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:Anybody who thought Ainge would trade a ton for a rental . It never made any sense :lol: Well Brown and Tatum better show what they are made. The pecking order has them having much more prominent roles. No more excuses.

He just traded a ton for a rental in Irving.

Outside of the #8 nothing else mattered in that package.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,839

Post#571 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:57 pm

Read on Twitter
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,680

Post#572 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:58 pm

Gomes3PC wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:

You can and should let Rozier walk if he won't sign a friendly deal. He's just not very good. He's like the 30th best PG in the league and he wants $13M/yr. Paying him that is roster suicide.

He isn't but the celtics dont have any PGs on this team that are serviceable but him.
*Insert witty signature here.*
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#573 » by celticfan42487 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:59 pm

The Comedian wrote:
reload141 wrote:Eh, it sucks but I'm interested to see what this roster looks like opening night.

Bruins losing, Raptors winning, U20 USA mens team getting embarressed, Celtics losing out on AD and Irving

I don't know I think it's fine for me to be depressed and drink a lot for a month or two.

I know in the back of my mind a team with no expectations is much more enjoyable to watch and wins in the regular season mean something again.

But idk.

Guess we'll just wait to see if Ainge can pull a rabbit out of the hat like he did with the IT trade.

I don't even know what I want the team to do in a draft now that we're rebuilding again. I guess go for Bol Bol. Swing for the fences. Try to see if there is any road we can take that doesn't result in Tatum leaving us as the only active all-star on the team since 2019 forward in his career.
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,676

Post#574 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:59 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

The nba will find a way to make sure lephony doesn’t pout.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,327

Post#575 » by DK-All Day » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:00 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:

He isn't but the celtics dont have any PGs on this team that are serviceable but him.

Draft one then. I really hope Rozier isn’t on the team next year.
Handsome.
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#576 » by gocelts » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:01 am

Don't understand all the hate on Ainge. The Pels were the ones that agreed on that trash trade. Ainge didn't need to include Tatum to top that crap.
~gocelts
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,220

Post#577 » by reload141 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:01 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Bruins losing, Raptors winning, U20 USA mens team getting embarressed, Celtics losing out on AD and Irving

I don't know I think it's fine for me to be depressed and drink a lot for a month or two.

I know in the back of my mind a team with no expectations is much more enjoyable to watch and wins in the regular season mean something again.

But idk.

Guess we'll just wait to see if Ainge can pull a rabbit out of the hat like he did with the IT trade.

I don't even know what I want the team to do in a draft now that we're rebuilding again. I guess go for Bol Bol. Swing for the fences. Try to see if there is any road we can take that doesn't result in Tatum leaving us as the only active all-star on the team since 2019 forward in his career.

Look, it has been bad I totally agree.

For the expectations we all had this year and what they were planning we should be feeling really good right now...

Irving leaving screwed us, HARD.

I'm interested to see what we do now and what moves we make... I think we might try and swing for another player? But if we don't then we try and package up picks and move up.
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#578 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:02 am

GregB wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:Anybody who thought Ainge would trade a ton for a rental . It never made any sense :lol: Well Brown and Tatum better show what they are made. The pecking order has them having much more prominent roles. No more excuses.

He just traded a ton for a rental in Irving.

Outside of the #8 nothing else mattered in that package.

So # 8 and "nothing else mattered" for Irving

vs a deal of

MEM pick, Tatum, Smart for AD.

Considering AD is a superior offensive player, and a far superior defender and rebounder.

You know what. IT doesn't **** matter. The point is Ainge just traded for a rental point blank.

And with that "huge" Nets trade, it's resulted in trading for one all-star in Irving. Who.Was.A.Rental

If your'e going to say that you that in "retrospective" it wasn't much. Well of course it wasn't IT NEVER IS, youth never pans out. You either have an MVP or you don't. You almost never lose a trade where the main piece is picks.

But whatever. Stop nitkpicking on every little thing that isn't making an excuse to celebrate.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#579 » by return2glory » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:02 am

celticfan42487 wrote:This is trash.

The NBA players only playing for 2 states is trash.

We need a lockout, and we need to instal franchise tags like the NFL has.

There are endless markets that are killed because only 2 states are allowed to have teams that do 0 effort and just sit there and wait for players to refuse to play anywhere but there.

The entire system is garbage.

Something needs to change for sure.

The Lakers tanked the last two months on purpose and got rewarded by the NBA. There was a small chance of them moving up into the top 4, and surprise surprise, there they were.

The Pelicans tanked on purpose, not playing AD in 4th quarter of games and got rewarded by the NBA with the #1 pick.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#580 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:04 am

reload141 wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

But idk.

Look, it has been bad I totally agree.

For the expectations we all had this year and what they were planning we should be feeling really good right now...

Irving leaving screwed us, HARD.

I'm interested to see what we do now and what moves we make... I think we might try and swing for another player? But if we don't then we try and package up picks and move up.

I think moving up in the draft finally happens. I'd love for them to make a move for another player, but who knows.

Return to Boston Celtics